- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Ballingeary 1.5 miles.
A lovingly restored, detached stone cottage situated just 1.5 miles from the rural village of Ballingeary in County Cork.
Set in the magical Lee Valley, this traditional Cork cottage is full of character and charm with sections of original exposed brickwork and thick stone walls.
A quality property, this Cork cottage has been decorated with style to offer comfortable accommodation for family and friends alike.
With a cosy woodburner your Cork cottage is perfect for relaxing in warmth and comfort, whether it's after a brisk walk on a crisp winter's afternoon or on a warm summer evening after a day's exploring.
Just two miles from the renowned beauty spot of Gougane Barra, the area is great for hill walkers, anglers and historians.
Gougane Barra also offers the opportunity to enjoy a performance at the Theatre by the Lake during the summer season.
With the popular towns of Bantry, Glengarriff and Kenmare just a short drive away, this wonderful Cork cottage provides a gateway to your exploration of beautiful West Cork, Kerry and beyond!
Three bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x twin (accessed via one of the double bedrooms or via external entrance with stone steps). Ground floor bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin & WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, CD/radio, library of books/games
- Oil and electricity inc. in rent April - Sept inclusive, first €20 of oil and first €20 of electricity inc. in rent Oct - March inclusive, with remainder charged via meter reading, payable direct to owner
- Starter pack for woodburner inc. all year round
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair & stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Shared (with owner) enclosed lawned garden with furniture & BBQ
- Up to 2 well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop & pub 1.5 miles
- Note: Small, unfenced pond on-site - please ensure children are supervised at all times.
- Last minute
- “Great find”
- “This is a great wee cottage . Its very well renovated while retaining its charm. Very dog friendly and the owners couldn't be more helpful.”
- “Great place”
- “This was a great cottage.Very friendly and helpful owners. The cottage is dog friendly and very well decorated.”
- “New Year's in the Irish Countryside”
- “Our family enjoyed our stay in this snug little cottage. The weather wasn't perfect but we managed day trips to the Dingle and Barra peninsulas as well as a visit to kiss the Blarney Stone!”
- “A Fabulous Place to Start & End My Day”
- “I stayed for 2 fabulous weeks. Wrapped in warmth and comfort. It was quiet charming, updated, & even though the owners are right there, they are a fabulous family, I felt completely free. They went out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed.”
- “A super cosy cottage in a wonderfully scenic area.”
- “An Lochta Fada, provided our family with a lovely getaway in a cosy, pet friendly environment. The rooms are a great size and the cottage is totally equiped with all the mod cons and provides a relaxed atmosphere to kick back after a busy day sight-seeing. We loved our stay and the owner even surpassed herself by jump starting our car when it was time for us to leave! Great place, great value and great times! Thanks”
- “Very Bueautiful and Cosy Place”
- “Great place - old from the outside - modern, but still charming from the inside. Detached cottage - indeed. However - great place to be!”
- “Beautiful setting, wonderful host. Really enjoyed our holiday. To be recommended.”
- “The cottage was perfect, garden wonderful, and the area was magical.”
- “Perfectly situated, well away from it all.”
- “An Lochta Fada was in a very peaceful and beautiful setting. The owners were very friendly & helpful and the accommodation totally suited our needs.”
- “We had a wonderful time on our holiday in Ireland. The cottage was lovely as were our hosts! They made us feel at home and were so very helpful in suggestions and directions no matter where we went. The cottage was located in a central location which allowed us to visit lots of different places, all within about an hour or an hour and a half away. Thank you so much to the owners for a fantastic stay in Ireland. We miss your garden and company already!!”
- “Very friendly and helpful owners. The cottage was perfect and very dog friendly.”
- “An excellent cottage with a friendly & very helpful owner. The garden was super and the cottage very cosy. A great base for touring the area.”
- “We loved the the peace and tranquillity of the cottage as it was in a fairly remote location but not too far from, Cork and Kerry, where we were researching family history. Although the owner was right next door and checked that we had everything we needed, we never felt like we were on someone's doorstep. It was probably the most comfortable we have felt away from home.”
- “We really enjoyed our stay. Our hostess was delightful.”
- “The area was beautiful. The owner was lovely. We had everything we needed.”
About the location
BALLINGEARY, COUNTY CORK
Macroom 17 miles; Bantry 18 miles.
The picturesque village of Ballingeary quietly rests amongst the Shehy Mountains in County Cork and is situated in an Irish speaking area, recognised as an important centre for Irish language tuition. Popular with hikers and anglers, the village also offers a shop, pub, Post Office, playground and art gallery and hosts an annual agricultural and horticultural show. The nearby National Park of Gougane Barra boasts an array of walks along the River Lee and many exciting nature trails just waiting to be explored, as well as hosting a popular Theatre by the Lake programme during the summer. Visit the nearby town of Macroom, with its weekly market and domineering castle, or take some time to explore the coastal town of Bantry and delightful Bantry Bay. A great location for all the family.