- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Ballingeary 1.5 miles.
A lovingly restored, detached stone cottage situated just 1.5 miles from the rural village of Ballingeary in County Cork.
Set in the magical Lee Valley, this traditional Cork cottage is full of character and charm with sections of original exposed brickwork and thick stone walls.
A quality property, this Cork cottage has been decorated with style to offer comfortable accommodation for family and friends alike.
With a cosy woodburner your Cork cottage is perfect for relaxing in warmth and comfort, whether it's after a brisk walk on a crisp winter's afternoon or on a warm summer evening after a day's exploring.
Just two miles from the renowned beauty spot of Gougane Barra, the area is great for hill walkers, anglers and historians.
Gougane Barra also offers the opportunity to enjoy a performance at the Theatre by the Lake during the summer season.
With the popular towns of Bantry, Glengarriff and Kenmare just a short drive away, this wonderful Cork cottage provides a gateway to your exploration of beautiful West Cork, Kerry and beyond!
Three bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x twin (accessed via one of the double bedrooms or via external entrance with stone steps). Ground floor bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin & WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, CD/radio, library of books/games
- Oil and electricity inc. in rent April - Sept inclusive, first €20 of oil and first €20 of electricity inc. in rent Oct - March inclusive, with remainder charged via meter reading, payable direct to owner
- Starter pack for woodburner inc. all year round
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair & stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Shared (with owner) enclosed lawned garden with furniture & BBQ
- Up to 2 well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop & pub 1.5 miles
- Note: Small, unfenced pond on-site - please ensure children are supervised at all times.
About the location
BALLINGEARY, COUNTY CORK
Macroom 17 miles; Bantry 18 miles.
The picturesque village of Ballingeary quietly rests amongst the Shehy Mountains in County Cork and is situated in an Irish speaking area, recognised as an important centre for Irish language tuition. Popular with hikers and anglers, the village also offers a shop, pub, Post Office, playground and art gallery and hosts an annual agricultural and horticultural show. The nearby National Park of Gougane Barra boasts an array of walks along the River Lee and many exciting nature trails just waiting to be explored, as well as hosting a popular Theatre by the Lake programme during the summer. Visit the nearby town of Macroom, with its weekly market and domineering castle, or take some time to explore the coastal town of Bantry and delightful Bantry Bay. A great location for all the family.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute