- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Youghal 6 miles. Situated in an elevated position and only a stone’s throw from the River Blackwater, near Youghal, is this immaculate, detached cottage in County Waterford. This wonderful cottage lies just near the border of Waterford and Cork, making it a wonderful base for families and groups of friends touring and exploring both counties. This stylish Waterford cottage boasts five quality bedrooms and, for added luxury, one offers its own en-suite while two of the further bedrooms share a wonderful en-suite bathroom with a free-standing bath! The bright and airy living area encompasses a contemporary fitted kitchen with a breakfast bar, dining area and spacious sitting area, with woodburning stove and French doors to the garden, where you can enjoy many an evening entertaining your loved ones after a jam-packed day of activities around the region. A large and open lawned garden wraps around this cottage in Waterford where the kids can play and you can enjoy the rural countryside surroundings. The nearby village of Youghal, which was once the residence of Sir Walter Raleigh, is located only six miles away across the border in the County of Cork and is one of Cork’s most popular seaside destinations. Youghal lies at the mouth of the Blackwater River and is famed for its coastal character, quaint harbour, sandy stretch of beach and historic charm. There are numerous pubs, eateries and cafes to enjoy, along with a golf course and endless seaside activities such as diving and surfing to name a few. Enjoy a walk along the prom, taking in the views of the 12th century town walls and the Youghal lighthouse along the way! Further afield is the heritage village of Ardmore in County Waterford, another wonderful seaside spot to enjoy with the family. Other attractions include Lismore Castle, Cork City and the harbour town of Dungarvan. A superb Waterford cottage just waiting to be discovered.
All ground floor. Five bedrooms: 2 x double (1 with French doors to front and shared access to en-suite free-standing bath, shower over, basin and WC), 3 x single (1 with en-suite shower, basin and WC and French doors to rear, one with shared access to en-suite bathroom). Bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, walk-in shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, breakfast bar (seats 2), dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove. Utility. Separate sitting room (seats 2).
Underfloor central heating with solar panels and woodburning stove. Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Ample off road parking. Lawned garden with furniture to front and rear. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop, pub and beach 6 miles.
- “Wow wow wow it's a secret”
- “I always put on reviews of wherever we visit, as I like so many like to know the truth about places. I am aware there are no reviews on Cherrymount Farm so here goes. I really want to keep this place for ourselves with no one else visiting. When you drive up we thought wow this can't be ours for the week. Everything was more than we thought. There was two double and three single rooms. The space in the whole place was fantastic. We knew we were in the middle of no where so we took everything with us food,drink etc. we visited everywhere,in a week we did 800 miles altogether there is so many places to visit. I wish I was there now. Ssshhhh this is really a secret don't visit lol this is for us only. Keep up the good work we hope your other new venture works out well. Thanks for our stay.”
- “The views out of the window were fantastic and the owner of the property was helpful, polite and friendly. Our teenagers were delighted to discover the wireless internet was very reliable at the cottage and was available at most of the places we visited. We enjoyed dining out locally most nights although the supermarkets weren't too far away and Cherrymount had lots of fridge and cupboard space as well as a separate freezer. We're definitely tempted to visit this property again in the near future.”
- “A very spacious and comfortable house which is well equipped. Lovely views of the surrounding countryside and a good base from which to travel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Cherrymount Farm and would highly recommend it.”
- “The property was absolutely amazing in terms of size, facilities, and location. It was everything we wanted and more. Can't wait to come back to it next year.”
- “Extremely relaxing, and wonderful surrounding countryside, with lovely and interesting town and villages. Tourist information was good and all the food and meals we had were gorgeous.”
- “The cottage was stunning, exceeded our expectations from what we had seen online. The Wii in the second lounge was a lovely surprise and it had AMAZING bathrooms.”
- “The owner went out of her way to ensure we had a great stay. My mum is in a wheelchair and it was perfect for her as the property was all on one level with tiled floors through out and all the bedrooms were spacious and modern. I would recommend this property to anybody who wants to get away from the hustle and bustle and just relax for a week in beautiful surroundings in a home from home.”
- “We enjoyed the location and property. The cottage was so nice that we just wanted to spend all our time there!! The "housekeeper" was just next door & very helpful. The views were stunning as well.”
About the location
YOUGHAL, COUNTY CORK
Middleton 16 miles; Dungarvan 19 miles; Cork 30.5 miles; Waterford 47 miles.
Situated on the estuary where the River Blackwater meets the sea is the seaside resort of Youghal in County Cork. Just across the water from this popular coastal destination is County Waterford, making this a wonderful spot to explore both counties. The historic 12th century town walls still remain today and Youghal was once a busy port town and today you can enjoy a stroll along the prom and gaze at the boats docked in the harbour. Swim, stroll or surf along the sandy beaches, take a cruise along the Blackwater River, take a guided tour of the town or simply relax and enjoy the pubs, cafes and restaurants. Youghal is also home to an excellent 18 hole golf course.