- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Eyeries 1.3 miles. A charming and inviting detached cottage that boasts spectacular sea views, located close to the village of Eyeries, County Cork. Furnished in a contemporary style, this Eyeries cottage features warm and homely accommodation that won’t fail to delight. You’ll feel right at home as soon as you walk through the door of this Eyeries cottage and see the spacious living area, complete with a stunning double-sided multi-fuel stove in a stone fireplace. There is also a second cosy sitting room with its own open fire, so relaxation is guaranteed in this peaceful haven. There are three comfy bedrooms in this Eyeries cottage including a king-size double with its own en-suite Jacuzzi bath; what luxury! Both other bedrooms also feature en-suite facilities, making this the ideal home for any group looking to make special memories in a unique area of Ireland. Outside this Eyeries cottage is a large garden which rises to the rear and allows you to take in the breathtaking views across the Atlantic. The children can play safely whilst you soak up the enchanting surroundings with the soundtrack of the sea as a wonderful accompaniment. The colourful village of Eyeries is just a short distance away, with shops and traditional pubs that regularly feature Irish music. Take a stroll on the famous Beara Way, which passes to the front of this holiday home for scenery that will linger long in the memory. A trip to the expansive beach in Allihies, and to Castletownbeare to sample the fresh seafood in one of the superb restaurants is well worth it. Visit Dursey Island, accessible from Ireland’s only cable car, or just wander the miles of rugged coastline that surround your home-away-from-home. Further afield, day trips to Kenmare, Killarney and the Ring of Kerry are a must, plus across the bay, an area of south west Kerry has been designated as a dark skies reserve. This is an Eyeries cottage that you will want to return to again and again.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite Jacuzzi bath, separate shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x ground floor twin with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with multi-fuel stove. Utility. Sitting room with open fire.
- Oil central heating with underfloor heating on ground floor, multi-fuel stove and open fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Free-to-air channels, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fires inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Ample off road parking
- Lawned gardens with patio and furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 1.3 miles
- Note: Four internal steps down from front door
- Main living area and ground floor bedroom can be accessed from the rear of the property with no steps.
Note: Up until 5th February 2016, this property will have a Saturday changeover. From 5th February 2016, the property will have a Friday changeover.
- “Nice place, could use some updates”
- “We stayed at the house over the weekend of Oct 16-18. House is a really nice house and worked out well for our needs. There were some VERY simple things that easily could be corrected. 1. Internet password was nowhere to be found. I had to call the office to ask for it and was told a person would call me back with it. 1 hour later, no call so I had to call again to FINALLY get the correct one. Why not just put it on the fridge??? 2. TV in main living area would not work. We had to disconnect everything and then reconnect it to finally get it working. 3. TV’s in master bedroom and 2 rooms with twin beds were outdated tube type TV’s. The TV in the master, if it fell on a child, it would seriously harm them. 4. The TV in the master bedroom was a waste as there is NO CABLE BOX and therefore never worked. 5. The TV in the “Arial” room had a cable box, but only 1 channel worked. 6. We bought hamburger and hot dogs to use the grill that is provided and guess what! NO GAS. 7. The couch and loveseat in the main living area was so uncomfortable that no one wanted to sit on it. Very lumpy and springy. 8. No lights in the pool for swimming after dark. 9. Wash dishes while you are NOT home. This thing was LOUD!!! These were not things that ruined our stay; just bumps in the road that we feel could be easily corrected if the owner wanted to. Otherwise, it served a purpose but we will go back to other options next time.”
- “The house is superb, with a fabulous location within easy walking distance of the beach. There are uninterrupted sea views from the front windows, garden and terrace.”
- “Whole cottage was spotlessly clean and views were stunning especially from the master bedroom. Beautiful and peaceful area to stay and everyone in Ireland were very welcoming. Great sized cottage, we would highly recommend this cottage to anyone and would love to stay again in the future.”
- “This property was set in an extremely idyllic location with views of the sea and surrounding countryside. I enjoyed my stay immensely due to all the good qualities of the property, the views that were on offer as well as the general quietness of the place.”
- “The location was beautiful and the house was perfect for a relaxing break. Having all bedrooms en-suite was very convenient and the layout of the property was perfect even with a small baby.”
- “Owner and key holder were extremely helpful, welcoming and accommodating. Very peaceful and picturesque part of Ireland. Sea Haven is a beautiful house and the children loved exploring in the garden. The view from the house looking out on the coastline was beautiful.”
- “Astonishing sea-view, great surroundings and fishing possibilities, the interior of the house was very complete and the owner was very kind and helpful.”
- “Everything was perfect. The house was so nice and a peaceful location. We could drive to many locations and it was ideal for exploring Beara Peninsula.”
About the location
EYERIES, COUNTY CORK
Castletownbere 5 miles; Kenmare 26 miles; Bantry 37 miles.
The village of Eyeries in County Cork lies on the Beara Peninsula, overlooking Coulagh Bay and the mouth of the Kenmare River in the southwest of Ireland. This Cork village offers a true insight into Irish village life, with quaint fishermen cottages, and traditional pubs offering a warm Irish welcome. The famous Beara Way passes close to Eyeries, with two points in the village where you can join it, making the area a walker's paradise. Within easy reach is Kenmare, an interesting town full of character and colour, with long winding streets providing the backdrop for farmers' markets, artists' galleries, lovely little boutiques and some of the best restaurants in Ireland! Other nearby attractions include Ireland's only cable car, which departs from Ballaghboy on the tip of Beara Peninsula and leads to the peaceful Dursey Island, or Europe’s largest Ogham Stone at Ballycrovane. This region has plenty on offer, from sea safaris, adventure centres, world-renowned walks and cycle routes to arts and crafts, meaning whatever you're looking for, there's sure to be something to delight all the family.