- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Glengarriff 5 miles. A beautiful former farmhouse located on a quiet lane on the Beara Peninsula, just a short drive from Glengarriff in County Cork. This Cork cottage has been renovated to an excellent standard and provides good quality accommodation that still retains a sense of character. Traditional features such as solid walls and a lovely solid fuel stove are complemented by modern conveniences throughout, making this a County Cork cottage that is ideal for any group. Situated in an elevated position, this cottage near Glengarriff boasts stunning views across Bantry Bay that can be enjoyed from the conservatory or the patio. Located in a small hamlet, this Cork cottage exudes tranquillity and is just a short walk along the quiet lane to a small, sandy beach; a truly idyllic spot where you can go for a swim or relax in the company of friends and family. The lively town of Glengarriff is just five miles away and has a wide variety of shops, pubs and restaurants to enjoy. Take a boat trip to Garnish Island, explore the Caha Mountains or climb Hungry Hill for some breathtaking views. There is so much to do on the Beara Peninsula including fishing, watersports or you can take a trip to Dursey Island on Ireland's only cable car. The towns of Kenmare and Bantry are also within easy reach from your Cork cottage. This wonderful location is just waiting to be discovered and enjoyed, so book this superb Glengarriff cottage today.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x ground floor double, 1 x twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with solid fuel stove. Conservatory.
Oil central heating with solid fuel stove. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Saorview, DVD, selection of books and games. Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Ample off road parking. Patio and lawned garden to front with furniture. One well-behaved pet welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 2.8 miles. Beach 1 mile.
Note: Property unsuitable for infants.
- “Lovely warm Cottage. Everything was perfect!”
- “The most appealing features of this cottage are its location and views. Sitting in the conservatory overlooking Bantry Bay is very relaxing. The house itself was warm and well equipped with a nicely appointed bathroom downstairs and shower upstairs. The kitchen has all that is necessary and the oil fired heating is very efficient, so good for a cooler weather break. The owner was very helpful and everything was appropriately laid back as you would hope to find in Ireland, even these days! A very happy week away, many thanks.”
- “This cottage was well equipped, very comfortable and completely spotless.The location was ideal for exploring the Beara Peninsula and the surrounding area. We all had a great holiday and would highly recommend it. Thanks so much.”
- “The scenery and views in the area are spectacular, and the area is peaceful, quiet and within a short distance of Glengarriff and Castletownbere.”
- “The views and the peacefulness was great. The neighbours were friendly and it had plenty of opportunities to go on some lovely walks.”
- “We enjoyed the setting over looking the bay. We loved having a log burner as it allowed for cosy nights in,. The house is situated in a perfect spot with plenty to go see and not too far to travel.”
- “The cottage is in a great location and run by wonderful people. The scenery is awesome.”
About the location
GLENGARRIFF, COUNTY CORK
Bantry 10 miles; Kenmare 16 miles; Castletownbere 18 miles.
Sitting at the head of Glengarriff Bay, the village of Glengarriff boasts many natural attractions, and is very popular with tourists. With its seaside location, nature reserve and Glengarriff Golf Club, there is plenty on offer to cater to all tastes. There is an abundance of exciting walks available for all abilities in the area surrounding Glengarriff; enjoy a scenic riverside or forest stroll in the Glengarriff Nature Reserve or, if you’re feeling adventurous, enjoy a challenging walk in the Caha Mountains. The world-renowned Garnish Island, with its tropical gardens, ensures a memorable day out, while the popular Ewe Sculpture Garden is well worth a visit. A little further afield, visit Bantry House and Gardens, Kenmare for Macgillycuddy's Reeks, and Caha mountain range, or Castletownbere with Dunboy Castle. A great location not to be missed!