- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Goleen 1.5 miles. Located in the rural hamlet of Kilbrown, just 1.5 miles from the picturesque seaside village of Goleen is this quality, detached holiday cottage. Set on expansive grounds with fantastic views over the Atlantic Ocean stretching as far as Cape Clear and Fastnet Rock, this Goleen cottage represents a fantastic family getaway on the beautiful Mizen Peninsula. The sitting room at this Goleen cottage boasts relaxing leather reclining furniture, a warming open fire, and a handy breakfast table, while doors onto the patio area can be opened on a warm day, giving the room a wonderfully airy feel. The spacious and well-equipped kitchen and dining area is ideal for entertaining or for mealtimes, and enjoys views across the sunny, south-facing lawned garden to the ocean beyond. Perfect for getting away from it all, this Goleen cottage is never far from the amenities of the village, while the lively villages of Ballydehob and Schull are just a short drive away. Visit the lighthouse and the dramatic scenery at the famous Mizen Head, stopping for a dip or a walk along the golden sands of the Blue Flag beach at Barley Cove, or head north for a day trip to Bantry, Glengarriff, or even the famous Ring of Kerry! Retire to one of four comfortable bedrooms on your return as you anticipate more wonderful experiences to come on your Goleen cottage holiday.
Four bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 2 x double (one with en-suite shower, basin and WC), 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area (seats 6). Utility. Sitting room (seats 5) with open fire.
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Free-to-air channels, DVD
- Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate available
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Enclosed lawned garden with patio
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1.5 miles.
- Last minute
- “Views to rival anywhere in the world”
- “I can't deny I know and love this part of the world but I took 4 pals with me who didn't know Ireland. As expected the drive down (from Larne) whetted their appetite but the beauty of SW Cork can't be rivalled. I think they would have been happy camping but when we found our accommodation questions were asked. This could not possibly be where we had booked, not at the price we paid. This house is 5 stars in anyones eyes. It's spacious, immaculate yet warm and homely. If I won the lotto I beg the owner to sell it me. The fishing is great too, but lets keep that a secret.”
- “Loved this house! In a great location.”
About the location
GOLEEN, COUNTY CORK
Barley Cove 4 miles; Schull 10 miles; Skibbereen 24 miles.
The small rural village of Goleen sits on the south-western tip of Ireland, in County Cork. The village offers four pubs, two shops, a petrol station and a fast food restaurant, helping to cater for the tourists who visit the village each year. Just four miles away is the large Blue Flag sandy beach at Barley Cove, while a little further on the visitor centre at Mizen Head is well worth a visit; in a spectacular setting with folded rocks and high cliffs, you can visit the Signal Station, set on an island accessed by an arched bridge, or shelter in the shop, cafÃ© or exciting exhibitions. Activities in the area include golf, horse riding, walking, angling, sailing or diving, while further afield the market town of Skibbereen offers a variety of colourful shops, restaurants and pubs. This part of Cork really is the ideal holiday destination with a host of varied activities to appeal to everyone whatever their interests.