- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Waterville 9.5 miles. A traditional detached house in a rural location, just under 10 miles from Waterville, in County Kerry. This charming Waterville cottage has three bedrooms, including a ground floor double with its own en-suite and stunning views out over the waters of Lough Derriana. These lough views can also be enjoyed from the kitchen/diner and when relaxing outside - they provide a wonderful backdrop. The multi-fuel stove in the sitting room and the open fire in the dining area will ensure a warm welcome in cooler months at this cottage near Waterville, and the slate-tiled and traditional wooden floors add to the character of this cosy Irish getaway. Explore the surrounding country lanes, wander past the green fields dotted with sheep, or head to the coast for fabulous seafood restaurants, sandy beaches and adventurous watersports. Then after an exciting day out, you can return to this cosy cottage near Waterville to soak in the peace of this delightful loughside setting.
Three bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double with stunning lough views and en-suite bath, shower over bath, basin and WC, 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over bath, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with open fire, dining area and lough views, leading to sitting room (seats 6) with multi-fuel stove. Utility.
- Central heating fuelled by multi-fuel stove with open fire, plus electric heating as back-up
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, electric clothes dryer, TV with FreeSat, CD/radio, selection of books
- Electricity from meter reading
- Fuel for stove and fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Front lawned garden area with furniture and stunning lough views, 11 acres of land to rear of cottage, open to guests
- One well-behaved dog welcome, must be kept on a lead at all times outside the property
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 3 miles
- Note: This owner requires a Good Housekeeping bond of €100
- Note: Well and spring water system, fully filtered
- Note: Owner can arrange local activities by prior arrangement
- Note: Steep drop at end of garden, children to be supervised.
- Last minute
About the location
WATERVILLE, COUNTY KERRY
Cahersiveen 10 miles; Dingle 61 miles; Killarney 50 miles.
Nestled between Ballinskelligs Bay and Lough Currane, sits Waterville, the premier coastal tourist centre on the Ring of Kerry. Surrounded by mountains and lakeland, Waterville also offers a fine sandy beach, two golf courses, one being a championship 18-hole course, a selection of restaurants and bars, as well as interesting archaeological remains. Enjoy walks along the wonderful Kerry Way, or angling and fishing on one of the area’s many excellent rivers or lakes. Take a boat trip to the Skellig Rocks, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and enjoy fabulous vistas across the bay, coupled with seeing one of Europe’s best-known and oldest monasteries. Other trips of note are Valentia Island, with its superb views to Skellig Rocks, Slea Head and the Blasket Islands, a trip to Dingle, or a visit to the bustling coastal town of Cahersiveen, which is only 10 miles away. There are also great beaches for surfing and watersports along this stretch of coastline, for both adults and children. Waterville is situated in the Kerry International Dark-Sky Reserve, the only Dark-Sky reserve in the Northern Hemisphere and, impressively, one of only three Gold-tier level reserves in the world! A great base from which to explore the south west coast, and famous Ring of Kerry.