- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Kenmare 13 miles. A lovely, detached cottage, situated in a rural, isolated location, on a working sheep farm, 3 miles from the village of Blackwater, and 13 miles from the town of Kenmare, in County Kerry.
Surrounded by stunning mountain and countryside views, and enveloped by the peace and tranquillity of the countryside, this is the perfect holiday cottage for a rural getaway.
Hire a boat and fish on the adjacent lake, visit Kenmare and enjoy its beautiful sandy beaches and stunning scenery, or explore the town with its long winding streets, and try one of the many pubs or restaurants.
Enjoy walking around Killarney National Park or the Beara and Dingle Peninsulas, or try cycling around the Ring of Kerry.
There is much to discover in this lovely part of Ireland.
Four bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 3 x double with mountain and countryside views. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area (seats 6). Sitting room (seats 5), with flame-effect electric fire and mountain and countryside views. Folding bed available.
- Oil central heating with electric fire in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV, DVD player, video player, CD/radio
- Oil inc. in rent, electricity charged at €6 per day, payable to owner
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available on request
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Patio area with garden furniture (BBQ available on request)
- Boats and rods for adjacent fishing lake available to hire at local shop, fishing licence available at local shop for €25
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub in Blackwater, 3 miles
- Note: Fishing licence required for fishing on adjacent lake.
About the location
KENMARE, COUNTY KERRY
Glengarriff 19 miles; Killarney 25 miles.
A picturesque town situated on the stunning Bay of Kenmare, overlooking the gleaming Atlantic Ocean. Beautiful beaches, wildlife and lovely scenery abound here. The coastline is rugged with sandy beaches close by, while pebble beaches surround the bay itself. Kenmare is an interesting town, full of character and colour, with long winding streets setting the scene for farmers' markets, artists' galleries, lovely little boutiques and some of the best restaurants in Ireland! The town is also situated on the Ring of Kerry and Wild Atlantic Way. The famous town of Killarney has an abundance of attractions, pubs, festivals and its National Park is about 35 minutes’ drive away, and though there is much to see and do here, the pace of life is still leisurely and unhurried. With the Beara and Dingle Peninsulas nearby and the Ring of Kerry and Wild Atlantic Way to explore, makes this an ideal base for exploring Kerry to Cork. This great location is not to be missed!
- Last minute