- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Kenmare 5 miles.
A delightful, detached cottage set in an idyllic location amongst the mountains of the Beara Peninsula in County Kerry.
Situated in a valley and surrounded on all sides by stunning countryside, this isolated, ground floor Kerry cottage is the perfect location for a well-deserved holiday where holidaymakers can truly relax and escape from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
This Kerry cottage features homely and welcoming accommodation, perfect for a small family or a couple looking for peace and tranquillity.
The large, well-equipped kitchen is complemented by a cosy living area, with a lovely stove, where guests can sit and sooth aching bones after a long day exploring this glorious part of western Ireland.
On fine days, step outside to the sitting area for a spot of alfresco dining, with just the sound of nature for company!
This Kerry cottage is ideal for walkers as the renowned Beara Way runs just 500 yards from the front door.
The stunning Healy Pass provides a plethora of routes that hikers and nature enthusiasts will adore combined with views of the Caha Mountains that will linger long in the memory.
There is also a variety of cycling routes suitable for all abilities.
The popular market town of Kenmare is just a few miles away and has cemented itself as one of Ireland's favourite destinations with a wide selection of shops and restaurants.
The lively taverns regularly feature traditional Irish music so why not join the friendly locals for a pint of the black stuff and immerse yourself in the "craic"?
Further afield, the spectacular Ring of Kerry, as well as the wonderful towns of Killarney and Bantry, are all just a short distance away so there's so much to explore before returning to your beautiful Kerry cottage, the perfect destination for a memorable Irish break.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room (seats 5) with multi-fuel stove. Second sitting room (seats 2) with sofa bed.
- Oil central heating with multi-fuel stove
- Electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Sky, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books and CDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for multi-fuel stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Lawned garden to front
- Outdoor sitting area to side with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 5 miles, pub/restaurant 1.8 miles
- Coast 1.8 miles
- Note: Garden is steep and unfenced in places, so is unsuitable for children aged 10 and under.
- Last minute
- “Fabulous property. Very comfortable in a rural setting. Stunning.”
- “The house was central to everything I wanted to see. The scenery from the kitchen window was amazing. The house was equipped with everything we needed,It was a Home from Home. The house was a clean relaxing environment, would love to visit again.”
- “Splendid views, cosy house and the scenery of the Beara Peninsula was breathtaking.”
- “Quiet and remote with a great view but within a short drive to an excellent pub and the town of Kenmare. The location of the cottage at the start of the Beara peninsular makes it a great base for touring the area. Good communications from owner and key holder.”
- “Located in a small valley, 7 km to Kenmare, very quiet with stunning view to the near mountains. Very well equipped. Ideal for trips to Beara Island, Killarney National Park etc., we will come again!”
- “We were met by the key holder, who was very pleasant and helpful. The location was stunning, in a remote hill area and the house was so well equipped and was very homely. We were extremely pleased with the property. Outside it was quiet and there was an abundance of bird life, and the occasional visit from wild Irish hares on the lawn. The clear night sky was stunning.”
About the location
KENMARE, COUNTY KERRY
Glengarriff 19 miles; Killarney 25 miles.
A picturesque town situated on the stunning Bay of Kenmare, overlooking the gleaming Atlantic Ocean. Beautiful beaches, wildlife and lovely scenery abound here. The coastline is rugged with sandy beaches close by, while pebble beaches surround the bay itself. Kenmare is an interesting town, full of character and colour, with long winding streets setting the scene for farmers' markets, artists' galleries, lovely little boutiques and some of the best restaurants in Ireland! The town is also situated on the Ring of Kerry and Wild Atlantic Way. The famous town of Killarney has an abundance of attractions, pubs, festivals and its National Park is about 35 minutes’ drive away, and though there is much to see and do here, the pace of life is still leisurely and unhurried. With the Beara and Dingle Peninsulas nearby and the Ring of Kerry and Wild Atlantic Way to explore, makes this an ideal base for exploring Kerry to Cork. This great location is not to be missed!