- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Killorglin 3 miles.
A superb detached cottage in a rural location just over three miles outside the charming town of Killorglin on the Ring of Kerry.
This Killorglin cottage is immaculately appointed throughout and offers roomy, comfortable accommodation for friends and families who wish to explore one of Ireland's most famous regions.
Set over two floors with panoramic views of the Macgillycuddy Reeks, including Carrantual, Ireland's highest peak and Sliabh Mish which helps to form the backbone of the Dingle Peninsula, this Killorglin cottage has five bedrooms, three with en-suite shower rooms.
The large open plan living area with open fire and French doors is perfect for those social evenings unwinding after the day's excursions.
Step through the French doors of the living area to your Killorglin cottage garden, where a refreshing drink can be enjoyed on the decked area and you can rest easy knowing the kids can play safely in the enclosed front garden.
The village of Killorglin is ideal for dipping your toe into Irish culture, with its numerous pubs and restaurants, and Ireland's oldest street fair, Puck Fair, which offers hours of outdoor entertainment each year.
This location is also ideal for visiting the local golf clubs, three of which are within easy reach of your Kerry cottage; Dooks, one of Ireland's oldest link golf courses, Killorglin; a parkland golf course and Killarney Golf Club which was home to the Irish Open in 2011 and 2012.
Guests to this lovely Killorglin cottage will also enjoy exploring the two Blue Flag beaches nearby; Rossbeigh Strand and Inch Beach, both of which are well-worth a visit or you may prefer to simply delight in setting off on your Ring of Kerry adventure.
Killorglin is historically known as The Gateway to The Ring of Kerry, so stretch your legs (or tyres!) and whirl along this fabulous path and see where it takes you.
Just a short distance away is the famous town of Killarney, which is full of history, heritage and culture.
Killarney National Park is a widely popular attraction, as is the must-see Ross Castle.
A jam-packed, fun-filled holiday is bound to be had at this Killorglin cottage, any time of the year.
Five bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x ground floor king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double, 1 x twin (can be super king-size double on request) with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x ground floor twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with open fire. Utility.
Oil central heating with open fire. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer, TV with Saorview, DVD, WiFi. Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot, highchair and stairgate on request. Ample off road parking. Front garden with deck, furniture and BBQ. Two well-behaved pets welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 2 miles.
- Last minute
- “An amazing holiday destination from start to finish!”
- “An exceptional property perfectly located for us; rural and away from the crowds but close to all amenities that we needed. The hosts were fantastic and were on hand to greet us when we arrived. A quick tour and explanation of the facilities before leaving us to unpack and unwind. They were brilliant when the dishwasher failed and replaced it with little or no problems to our stay. The property was large but cosy, with the log fire a great area to relax and unwind. The patio allowed us to start our day with a coffee and sunshine whilst we planned out the rest of the day. Even with the 10 of us, there was plenty of room to accommodate those who wanted to play games and those that wanted to chill with a glass or two! We all loved it, including our 2 Labradors, and already looking to plan our next stay there.”
- “A great stay in the heart of Kerry”
- “Located between Killarney, Killorglin, and Castlemaine, this house proved the perfect spot to spend a week while visiting family in Kerry. Large and accommodating, our group of 10 adults never felt cramped. Beautiful views and the quiet countryside only made it better. When the opportunity arises to visit again I would definitely consider staying here again.”
- “Home from home”
- “Myself, six other adults and two children rang in the New Year 2014 in this house. From the moment we arrived we felt very welcome and comfortable, we arrived to tea and lovely home made bread meet by the very kind and friendly owners. We were given a quick tour, shown how yo work the heating etc and left to get comfortable. The house was very clean and warm and more importantly very comfortable. The house is in a beautiful location and a short drive to shops and local amenities. The only negative was the car getting stuck in the drive, as the weather had left the ground very wet and muddy we got stuck leaving a big hole in the ground. We found the locals very friendly and welcoming and would definately return.”
- “An amazing holiday destination from start to finish. The hosts were fantastic when we arrived and ensured we knew where everything was before leaving us to unpack and unwind. The property was exactly what we wanted, away from the crowd but close enough to all the amenities that we needed. We loved it so much, we are already looking to book up again as soon as we can!”
- “The situation of the cottage was perfect for the type of holiday we wanted, great views, a really warm & friendly welcome to a wonderful house.”
- “We were given a very warm welcome by the owner. Radharc is the family home and an excellent place to stay, the accommodation was the best we have ever experienced and we have no hesitation in recommending it. Spacious, well fitted and very comfortable the house provided more than enough space for our party of 4 adults and 2 dogs. The location, just off the road from Killarney to Killorglin and in view of the Macgillycuddy's Reeks (over 300ft hills) was perfect. The weather was wall to wall sunshine and we ate breakfast outside every morning of our stay. Radharc could not have been bettered,a beautiful place to stay for our first visit to Kerry.”
- “The House was perfect for our needs, the location was excellent and the owner was extremely helpful. Would definitely return to this property.”
- “The house felt like a home from home, very clean and comfortable and the owners were very kind and welcoming, showed us around and let us get on with it.”
About the location
KILLORGLIN, COUNTY KERRY
Killarney 12 miles.
The pretty town of Killorglin is situated in the heart of County Kerry, near the River Laune. Surrounded by great scenery, Killorglin is the gateway to the Ring of Kerry and offers a variety of cafes, restaurants and pubs, along with great fishing possibilities both on the River Laune and at nearby Caragh Lake. The town is also home to the annual Puck Fair, one of Ireland's oldest street festivals, held every August. Close to a great choice of lovely sandy beaches and a golfer's paradise, with an abundance of golf courses in the area, the delightful town of Killarney is also within easy reach, offering a selection of good shops, restaurants, bars and theatres. Near Killorglin is the wonderful town of Milltown, which is nestled in the heart of the Kingdom of Kerry between the MacGillycuddy Reeks and the Dingle Peninsula, and hosts a number of annual festivals and a farmers' market. The roads of Milltown are quiet but you may experience the old world, clattering clip clop of horses' hooves as they come and go from the local busy riding stables. There is a series of seven walks to enjoy in the area, each with its own theme, plus a half day cycle tour around the parish boundary; visitors can find maps available in Larkin’s Pub in the village.