- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Lismore 5 miles.
A beautiful, stone-built 19th century, traditional Irish thatched cottage, surrounded by rolling farmland, situated just 5 miles from the heritage town of Lismore, County Waterford.
Boasting an abundance of character, including exposed beams and whitewashed original stone walls, this cosy Lismore cottage represents the perfect location for a peaceful and memorable holiday.
The accommodation is split, with the living quarters and main bedroom in the original thatched building with two additional bedrooms and a bathroom in a converted barn directly adjacent to the cottage, perfect for groups of friends or family members seeking a little extra privacy.
There are two large lawned gardens, a meadow and an orchard full of fruit trees which can be enjoyed in season while the stunning west-facing patio is perfect for alfresco dining with panoramic views across the countryside.
Set in an expansive rural location and in a desirable elevated position, the cottage offers sweeping mountain views as far as the eye can see.
The historic town of Lismore straddles the River Blackwater and is home to the stunning 800-year old Lismore castle, Irish seat of the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire.
There is a selection of shops, pubs and restaurants in the town, and Lismore also hosts the annual travel writers’ festival, as well as live opera at Lismore Castle.
Why not spend a morning browsing the weekly farmers’ market just 10 minutes' drive away and take home some local produce?
For golfing enthusiasts, visit Lismore’s public golf course and there are also horse riding stables nearby.
Excellent hill walking opportunities with the Knockmealdown Mountains are directly accessible by foot where you can walk for miles and never see another soul, and the Galtee and Comeragh Mountains are close by.
The Araglin River with a series of remote waterfalls, and the beautiful Blackwater River, perfect for fishing, are easily accessed from the cottage.
Lismore is a superb touring base, with the heritage town of Cahir, Mitchelstown Caves, the sandy beaches and spectacular cliff walks at Ardmore, as well as the cities of Cork and Waterford all within an hour's drive!
A superb cottage to be enjoyed all year long.
All ground floor. Thatched cottage - 1 x double (zip/link, can be twin on request) with garden views. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area (seats 6), woodburner and Belfast sink. Utility area. Sitting room and woodburner. Barn conversion - 2 x double, both with garden and countryside views. Shower room with shower, basin and WC.
- Gas central heating (in thatched cottage and barn conversion) with woodburners in sitting room and kitchen
- Two electric ovens and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine
- TV with Free-to-air channels, DVD, radio, iPod dock, mobile broadband, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power charged by meter reading, first €20 inc. in rent
- Starter packs for woodburners inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Large garden and patio area with furniture and fold-up sunbed
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop, pub and petrol station 1 mile
- Note: Private water supply
- Note: Mobile broadband is provided by Vodafone
- Guests are required to purchase their own Vodafone vouchers prior to arrival to use this service
- The mobile router is available on request from the caretaker
- Note: Dogs must be kept on a lead and under strict control due to sheep in adjoining field.
About the location
LISMORE, COUNTY WATERFORD
Cappoquin 4 miles; Dungarvan 15 miles; Fermoy 17 miles; Cork 35 miles.
Lismore is a lively heritage town, boasting both an imposing castle with glorious Jacobean gardens, and a 17th century hilltop cathedral. Everything is on offer here from arts and crafts to live pub music, and a choice of recommended eateries, as well as a renowned golf course close by. Down on the spectacular coastline between Youghal and Dungarvan there are beaches, bays and cliff tops in abundance to explore. Visit the city of Waterford, home to the world famous exquisite crystal factory and offering a huge choice of shops, pubs and restaurants along its quays and backstreets. Enjoy golf, cycling, walking or riding, visit the area's castles, historic houses or spectacular gardens, or simply relax and enjoy the peace.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute