- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A cosy, detached cottage, situated next to the owners' property in the pretty town of Rosscarbery, County Cork. This Rosscarbery cottage used to serve as a famine cook house and still retains original character in the exposed stone walls and sloped flooring. Ideal for couples searching for a romantic break, this Rosscarbery cottage exudes a homely and welcoming feel. Offering accommodation all on the ground floor, this Rosscarbery cottage offers a double bedroom with en-suite facilities and you'll love curling up in front of the stove after a long day exploring this beautiful county. The historic town of Rosscarbery sits next to a shallow estuary and has a plethora of shops, pubs and restaurants where the authentic Irish experience and excellent food is never far away. This Rosscarbery cottage is also ideally located for exploring all that this spectacular region has to offer; the beautiful Blue Flag Warren Beach is just a mile away from the town and offers safe swimming or a glorious setting for strolls with your loved one or why not take to the saddle at the local equestrian centre? This area is also teeming with many walking and cycling routes as well as a sea kayaking centre at nearby Baltimore. The towns of Skibbereen and Clonakilty are awash with Irish heritage and the coastline is awe-inspiring. This Rosscarbery cottage is a perfect place for a memorable holiday in West Cork.
All ground floor. One double bedroom with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen and sitting area with multi-fuel stove. External utility.
Oil central heating with multi-fuel stove. Electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV with Saorview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent Apr to Oct, €25 supplement Nov to Mar, payable directly to owner. Starter pack for stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Ample off road parking. Lawned garden with furniture. One well-behaved pet welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shops, pubs and restaurants 5 mins walk. Note: Sitting area is compact, coffee table doubles as dining table. Note: Property only suitable for over 18s.
- Last minute
- “Coming back to Mollie's Cottage after sightseeing was great as it was so comfortable and cosy to stay in and the owners really welcomed us when we arrived. Both myself and partner would definitely come back to Mollie's Cottage.”
- “The property was very compact but we still were comfortable with two adults in the party and a lively dog. The hosts couldn't have been more helpful or accommodating - incredibly friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. It was situated within 5 minutes walk of village shops and pubs, the property is an excellent base for touring the area. Highly recommended!”
- “I cannot recommend Mollies Cottage highly enough! My sister and I were bowled away by the hospitality and kindness of the owners. If you want a stress free holiday, fantastic scenery, good location for reaching all places and good authentic Irish music, this is the holiday for you. We immediately connected with the hosts and made firm friends with the locals.”
- “I especially liked the fact that the cottage was "pet friendly" and we were able to bring our dog. The owners of the cottage were excellent hosts - very friendly and helpful. The cottage was in a beautiful location in West Cork just several hundred metres from the beach and an ideal base for visiting Killarney, Bantry, Cobh and Kinsale.”
- “Extremely warm & attentive owners and perfect if you have a dog. Close to a great beach, good restaurants and bars. A really relaxed and calm place to visit and you feel the owners want you to really enjoy your stay.”
- “Lots of positives from this holiday. Rosscarberry is a good base from which to explore Co. Cork, and this part of Ireland is beautiful with amazing scenery, lots of things to see and do, and very friendly locals. We were very lucky with the weather so could take advantage of the many lovely beaches within a few miles of the cottage. Our favourite pub in Rosscarberry was Nolan's in the town square, but there were two others also, along with restaurants, a takeaway, and a range of shops. Worth visiting are Drombeg stone circle, Sherkin Island, Mizen Head (via a scenic drive), Blarney Castle, Fota wildlife park, Cork City (loads of pubs!), and one of the many pony trekking centres around Bantry. There are also lots of walks available for all levels of ability. The cottage itself was lovely and cosy, with all facilities available, including a utility room for emergency washing, drying and extra storage if needed. The cottage owners were most friendly and helpful, and made sure that we were welcome and comfortable throughout our stay. All in all, thoroughly recommended!”
About the location
ROSSCARBERY, COUNTY CORK
Clonakilty 8 miles; Skibbereen 13 miles.
Situated at the head of a tidal inlet about a mile inland from the sea and located between Skibbereen and Clonakilty, Rosscarbery makes for an ideal holiday destination. Dating back to the 6th century, this sleepy country town was once one of the major European cities and famed as a centre of learning, having previously been a university town. Nowadays it is home to a much smaller population and benefits from a lovely laid back and relaxed atmosphere. There are quaint little shops and good Irish pubs as well as a number of quality restaurants to tempt your taste buds. The town itself is in close proximity to three fine beaches, the nearest of which, Warren Beach holds the prestigious Blue Flag status. Those who enjoy watersports are well catered for and there are great opportunities for walking, cycling and golf nearby.