- Four poster bed
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Sneem 0.5 miles. A stunning, stone-built, detached property, ideally situated in a delightful, rural location nestled on the banks of the Sneem Estuary, 0.5 miles from the village of Sneem, in County Kerry. Beautifully furnished and decorated to an exceptionally high standard, this Sneem cottage combines traditional features with modern amenities to make the perfect holiday cottage. With maple flooring and a marble fireplace in the sitting room, granite work surfaces and a range cooker in the kitchen, a four poster bed, chandelier, Jacuzzi bath and beautiful river views, this cottage will add a touch of luxury to any holiday. Relax to the sound of the flowing river while dining alfresco in the large garden, a birdwatcher's paradise, or curl up in front of the cosy open fire on chilly evenings; this Sneem cottage is perfect at any time of year. With walking available from the door on The Kerry Way, and the coast at Kenmare and Waterville, there is no shortage of things to do from this wonderful Sneem holiday cottage.
Six bedrooms: 2 x ground floor twin, 1 x ground floor double with en-suite shower, basin & WC, rural views & chandelier, 2 x double with en-suite shower, basin & WC & river views, 1 x four poster double with en-suite shower, basin & WC. Ground floor bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, separate shower cubicle, basin & WC. Open plan kitchen area with fitted kitchen, breakfast bar, dining area (seats 10), range cooker & conservatory area (seats 5) with river views & French doors to garden. Sitting room (seats 6) with open fire with marble surround & maple flooring. Landing seating area (seats 2).
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, American-style fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, flat screen TV with Freeview, DVD, library of books
- Fuel, power & starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Ample off road parking
- Lawned garden to front with garden furniture, BBQ & swing bench
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop & pub 0.5 miles
- Note: Unfenced river at end of garden, children must be supervised
- Note: Max
- 12 including infants
- Note: Owner requires a €100 refundable Good Housekeeping bond.
- “The ultimate Ireland experience”
- “Noel and Margaret have the ultimate Irish vacation home in Ireland. Situated on the Sneem River with the mountain backdrop and a ten minute walk to the fine pubs and restaurants of Sneem. It is the ultimate town with the very best home to call your own. It is truly "living in the lap of luxury". Noel was just a phone call away to assist with taxis, flat tires or whatever the request, We just hope we didn't abuse him!! You must see this house and stay to believe it!! Mike and Bonnie, Newport RI.USA”
- “Serenity and modern conveniences - who could ask for more?”
- “We had the most memorable of family reunions at River House in July. The house is beautifully appointed and provided us with every amenity possible. The view from the family room is unforgettable, no matter what the weather! If you are looking for the perfect location for a large family or group, look no further. Thank you, Noel, for providing us with this once-in-a-lifetime venue and the chance to meet the warmest people in Sneem.”
- “What an easter week”
- “Would like to thank noel and margaret, on there hospitality, help and info,and it was on there info that we found o,sheas pub and fresh food and pints of bud ???, as for the house it was like home from home, warm,clean and plenty of room, and what made it even better was the weather, a week of sun and blue sky, which led to barbecues, again thank you noel, margaret, p,s hope we can get again soon”
- “Great Family gathering in sneem”
- “Traveling with 6 adults and 4 kids can be stressful unless you choose the beautiful River House in Sneem as accomodation. We've spent a week in the house and despite the irish wheather we did all enjoy every minute of our stay. Noel as host has done an excellent job with tips and availability thruout our stay. Thanks!”
- “River House was situated in a lovely area with a very pleasant and helpful landlord. We had a great holiday!”
- “River House was the most exceptional home in a most exceptional location looking out at the marshes and Sneem River. The owners were so helpful with every small request. The perfect house to host a family vacation in the perfect town of Sneem.”
- “We always love Ireland, but this was the first time we have hired a property. We may well do this again! It was nice to do things at our own pace and not have to be at meal times defined by the hotel you are staying in.”
- “Fantastic house, great location with lots to see and do. The owners are lovely people.”
About the location
SNEEM, COUNTY KERRY
Kenmare 17 miles; Waterville 22 miles; Killarney National Park 22 miles.
Situated between the towns of Kenmare and Waterville, and on the route of the Kerry Way, the village of Sneem provides shops, pubs and a number of cosy tea rooms. With rows of brightly coloured houses, and a lively atmosphere, Sneem is a previous winner of the National Tidy Town Award and is a popular stop for tourists and locals alike. Sneem is located on the famous Ring of Kerry and is known as the Knot in the Ring. Just ten minutes drive away is the Blue Flag beach at White Strand, whilst the nearby town of Kenmare offers beautiful coastlines to explore, winding streets and interesting boutiques, while the coastal town of Waterville is only a short drive away, and provides a great day out for all the family. Parknasilla Hotel with its spa and golf course, and Derrynane Beach, are within easy reach, or try walking on the famous Macgillycuddy Reeks, the highest mountain range in Ireland, with notoriously rugged terrain to conquer, or make the short journey to Killarney National Park, where beauty abounds.