- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
Carndonagh 1 mile.
A luxury thatched cottage situated on a quiet lane, close to the town of Carndonagh, County Donegal.
This superbly presented semi-detached cottage next to the owner’s home is an idyllic haven for couples looking for a unique romantic break.
Furnished to a high standard, this cottage near Carndonagh is surprisingly spacious and has been lovingly renovated to provide contemporary fittings combined with traditional aspects that won’t fail to charm you and your loved one.
Relax in the beautiful sitting room in front of the multi-fuel stove and enjoy a glass of bubbly or enjoy a soak in the sumptuous roll-top bath; what a way to unwind!
This Carndonagh cottage is situated a mile from the amenities of the town, including a variety of shops, bars and restaurants to enjoy.
Just a short drive away from this County Donegal cottage are the picturesque golden sands of Malin Head, Ireland’s most northerly location, which is perfect for a late evening stroll as the sun sets.
The Inishowen Peninsula is renowned for its natural habitats and birdwatchers and walkers will love the sweeping hills with far-reaching views at every turn!
There are a variety of festivals and events across the peninsula from traditional music to fishing!
Visit the towns of Buncrana and Letterkenny for a wide range of amenities including good restaurants, and the European City of Culture for 2013, Derry, is right on the doorstep and is not to be missed!
Adrenaline junkies can try their hands at watersports or explore the glorious coastline from the saddle for a different perspective on this beautiful landscape.
All this before returning to the style and comfort of your lavish Carndonagh cottage, a great choice at any time of year!
All ground floor. One super king-size double bedroom. Bathroom with roll-top bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast bar. Sitting room with multi-fuel stove.
Oil central heating with multi-fuel stove. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with full Sky, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Electricity and starter pack for stove inc. in rent. Oil is on coin meter and owner will supply coins on arrival. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Ample off road parking. Front patio with furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 1 mile. Note: Check-in 4pm, check-out 10am.
- “excellent stay well worth it”
- “stayed here for a week with my pregnant wife. This place is heaven. Cottage is just perfect for 2 people. Local bar only a stroll away and everyone in the area so friendly. John and Michelle the owners are so nice and friendly. Well worth a stay here definately come back. Only small issue was wifi is not very good. It drops a good bit BUT this is in the country and even happens in my own house.”
- “excellent cottage for 2”
- “Excellent cottage, perfect for 2 people, very modern internal with oldie thatched charm outside. This cottage was ideal for us to visit relations and explore the area, but have somewhere warm and cosy to return to. The town of Carndonagh is 5 minutes away by car with bars and eateries, plus supermarkets. There is plenty of interesting places to see and the scenery is fantastic. The owners of the cottage are very friendly and helpful should you need anything. Should you need a city atmosphere Derry City is only a 30 minute drive away with it's nightlife and historical sights.”
- “we stayed here for a week. Owners fantastic friendly and helpful. Area full of great days out. The cottage perfectly sized for 2 full of character and warmth. Local amenities to hand with a lovely pub 1 miles stroll. Beautiful peat fire that warms the cottage and water. Cosy and welcoming. Will return for sure!”
- “Both the cottage and Inishowen are fantastic!!”
- “This cottage is a perfect place to stay if exploring the delights of the Inishowen Penninsula. I stayed here for a week in February travelling on my own. It was totally charming and the owners are around to help, advise and in particular light the fire ready for your return to the cottage!! Modern but traditionally Irish, full of comfort and the facilities were superb. Not even my own bed is as comfortable as the one in the cottage. Warm, cosy and everything you need on hand. Wifi, sky tv, roaring fire/burner in the lounge, plenty of hot water and perfectly kitted out kitchen. Gorgeous roll top bath, power shower and all full of luxury. I could have lived here myself quite happily, in the cottage and the area as a whole. Carndonagh has great pubs and restaurants, plenty to choose from - pub quiz, traditional music and loads of entertainment, especially on the weekend. Taxis are easy to get and the locals are some of the most friendly people welcoming you into their town with open arms. There are ample shops, a cafe/coffee shop owned by a frenchman, gym, petrol stations, beauty salons and great supermarkets. Tucked away along the coastline are some of the best beaches I have ever seen and I have travelled quite a lot! The waterfall near Clomany is stunning. Some beaches are quiet and peaceful with only your footsteps in the sand and some buzzing with people (depending on the time of year I suppose). The owners of the cottage can guide you to some super spots off the beaten track. Fabulous for running, walking, climbing, cycling or just a drive around taking in the spectacular views over the land spotting plenty of wildlife along the way. There's even a livestock market in the town if you are into farming and agriculture and plenty of equestrian centres to enjoy some horse riding. Lots of tourist sites and culture to take in and everyone must visit Malin Head - the northern point of Ireland. This is a fabulous part of the country of Ireland, and a great cottage to stay in, you could not wish for anything during a stay in the area at this cottage. You will be made to feel most welcome and will definitely enjoy your stay. A must to visit, Enjoy!”
- “Amazing cottage!!”
- “Had a fantastic stay here in craigtown, carndonagh!! We were met by lovely and friendly hosts who made us feel nothing but welcome during our stay. The location of the cottage is amazing, scenery is beautiful as a mere 5 minute drive to surrounding beaches and coves. Close to local amenities the cottage has everything you would need for a break away. The Irish people also were very friendly and welcoming, the nightlife lively and full of Irish culture, the Irish pubs should be experienced! Shops are close by in a small village and has everything you need whilst in keeping with the culture of true Ireland. My partner and I loved returning to the cosy cottage being able to relax in a roll top bath and then curl up Infront of multi fuel burner. This by far is the perfect couple retreat, so perfect Infact I decided to propose to my fiancé. Perfect for a cosy valentines weekend, we will be most deffinetly returning and will always have the memories we created whilst staying at this beautiful thatch cottage.”
- “First class!”
- “My wife and I stayed here for a week in August 2014. Cottage is centrally located in inishowen area and there is lots of things to do nearby. Coastline was amazing ! The cottage itself has everything you would need. It is very modern inside and has full sky tv with movies and sport. Is adjacent to the cottage owners home who were lovely and gave us advice on things to see and do. Bedroom and living room is very spacious for two people and kitchen is well equipped. We loved staying here for a week and will definitely be back. Can't rate it highly enough! First class!”
- “A beautiful cottage, pictures don't even do it justice. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Owner is lovely, had the heating and fire lit for our arrival. I'll definitely be back to stay in the future.”
- “This is a superb property for 2 people and a good base for touring the area. Our hosts were very helpful and friendly, Carndonagh has some good eating places and there are plenty of sights to see around the area, I would recommend this property highly.”
- “Amazing cottage, a wonderful part of Ireland and great friendly hosts.”
- “We enjoyed the cottage; its location being close to amenities, high standard of furnishings and fittings. We received lots of help from the owners; all in a very non-obtrusive way.”
- “This cottage is a perfect place to stay if exploring the delights of the Inishowen Penninsula. It was totally charming and the owners are around to help, advise and in particular light the fire ready for your return to the cottage! Modern but traditionally Irish, full of comfort and the facilities were superb. Not even my own bed was as comfortable as the one in the cottage. It was warm, cosy and everything you needed was on hand. Wifi, sky TV, roaring fire/burner in the lounge, plenty of hot water and perfectly kitted out kitchen. I could have lived here myself quite happily, the cottage and the area as a whole. Tucked away along the coastline are some of the best beaches I have ever seen and I have travelled quite a lot! Lots of tourist sites and culture to take in and everyone must visit Malin Head - the northern point of Ireland. This is a fabulous part of the country of Ireland, and a great cottage to stay in, you could not wish for anything during a stay in the area at this cottage. A must to visit, Enjoy!”
- “Lovely cottage with welcoming owners and beautifully appointed rooms. Location was excellent - about a mile from the centre of Carndonagh and a 20 minute walk to a friendly pub and good supermarket. Great centre for visiting Malin Head and gorgeous beaches.”
- “The thatched cottage was very nice and romantic with the cosy log burning fire and the big open bath.”
- “A nice welcome form the hosts. Good location, close to town and shops. Lovely cottage in a beautiful place. The peat stove was a lovely throw back to my childhood, having to make fires every morning, and that warm peaty smell from the fire is priceless.”
- “Whispering Willows is a very old thatched cottage that has been recently re-designed to provide modern conveniences internally, while maintaining the attractive traditional look outside. It is very comfortable, and presents really well. The owners are friendly and very helpful. The cottage is conveniently located and we were able to enjoy easy day trips to various sites, including the Giant's Causeway (catch the ferry from Greencastle). The scenery is grand and often rugged.”
About the location
CARNDONAGH, COUNTY DONEGAL
Malin Head 12 miles; Buncrana 12 miles; Derry 22 miles.
Situated on the Inishowen Peninsula in North Donegal lies the small, pretty town of Carndonagh. Only a stone’s throw from the shores of Trawbeaga Bay, Carndonagh is home to the site of the Donagh Cross, which was once part of an early Christian monastery founded by the patron Saint Patrick. Boasting a lovely selection of cafes, pubs and shops, the town also has a strong reputation for traditional music and culture with many musicians, artists and writers making it their home. Within a short distance from Carndonagh is the superb beach at Culdaff, an ideal family spot, Ballyliffen golf course and Malin Head, Ireland’s most northern point.