- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Located on the edge of the coastal village of Brinlack, in the Gweedore area of County Donegal, and occupying a wonderful elevated position taking in panoramic Atlantic Ocean vistas, is this delightful, detached cottage. From the bright, airy sitting area, which enjoys these wonderful views, to the four fresh, clean and well-presented double bedrooms, this Gweedore cottage represents a fantastic getaway in a beautifully picturesque area of Ireland's north west coast. The private, enclosed side garden with furniture is perfect for pets or young children to play in safety, and benefits from sun in the afternoons and evenings - ideal barbecue conditions! Invigorating coastal walks are available from the doorstep and watersports can be enjoyed in the area, from a leisurely sailing expedition to a more adventurous surfing or kayaking experience, the choice is yours. County Donegal boasts some of the most beautiful beaches in Ireland, many of them known only to the locals, and the friendly owners of this Brinlack cottage will be happy to give advice on what to see and do in the area. Walkers will enjoy hiking in the hills of Donegal, or the challenging, but rewarding climb up Mount Errigal, while visitors to nearby Glenveagh National Park might be fortunate enough to catch sight of an eagle soaring high over the trees. This County Donegal cottage is an ideal base for families or groups of friends.
Four bedrooms: 2 x ground floor double, 2 x double (one with en-suite shower, basin and WC). Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area (seats 5) with multi-fuel stove.
- Oil central heating with multi-fuel stove
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books, DVDs and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Enclosed, sloped lawned garden to front and enclosed lawned garden to side, both with furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 8 mins walk, pub 1 mile
- Coast 6 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “amazing view”
- “Warm welcome the owner really looked after us. The Cottage has amazing panoramic view, the shop and coast are within walking distance. Supplied with pram, cot and option of babysitter which makes traveling lighter. Pet friendly was a plus for us. Inside the cottage was spotless with four double rooms one onsuite, 2 downstairs (handy for elderly)”
- “A loveley cottage in a beautiful part of Ireland. Wonderful hosts who could not have been more helpeful.”
- “There is an outstanding view from the lounge window. The enclosed garden is good for dogs. We enjoyed the great scenic drives and the friendly and helpful people in the area. The owner was an excellent host.”
- “Nice area. Wonderful holiday. There was everything that we needed in the house. Beautiful view of the ocean.”
- “The accommodation was perfect and very comfortable. It is pet friendly and the enclosed garden was great. The view from the house was beautiful. The owner was more than helpful. The house was located a short distance (by car) to a pub, grocery store, vets, sandy beach and was in a good location as a base. We had a wonderful week at Atlantic View.”
- “Could not fault a thing with the property or location or the owner! Me and my family had an amazing time and love the area!”
About the location
GWEEDORE, COUNTY DONEGAL
Glenveagh National Park 8.5 miles.
The Irish-speaking district of Gweedore, or 'Gaoth Dobhair' consists of the villages Bunbeg, Derrybeg, Dunlewey, Crolly and Brinlack. Located below Mount Errigal, Donegal's tallest peak, Gweedore is framed by beautiful soaring scenery on one side, while on the other is the glistening Atlantic Ocean with a coastline made up of long sandy beaches and rugged cliffs. Close by, Ards Forest Park and Glenveagh National Park, Ireland's largest National Park, both provide great days out, and with a golf course and great river, lake and sea fishing, there is something for everybody in the district of Gweedore.