- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A delightful terraced townhouse situated close to amenities and a beach in the village of Mountcharles, County Donegal. This Mountcharles cottage provides welcoming and comfortable accommodation for families and friends looking to explore this beautiful county. Set over three floors, this Mountcharles cottage has flexible sleeping arrangements with a first floor double and twin, as well as a second floor single and double with en-suite shower. The kitchen with dining area and the sitting room provide an ideal setting for social gatherings as you discuss the plans for the day. The village of Mountcharles has a variety of shops and pubs and is perfectly located between the pretty town of Donegal and fishing village of Killybegs. Just a short walk from this Mountcharles cottage is an expansive beach with many opportunities for peaceful walks and quiet reflection. The area surrounding this Mountcharles cottage is renowned for its stunning scenery with the Bluestack Mountains situated close by. There are many beautiful walks including the Bluestack Way, which begins in Donegal Town and weaves its way through the imposing peaks. Rising high above the Atlantic are the nearby Slieve League cliffs which are also not to be missed. The area is awash with countless golden beaches, with the best examples being at Rossnowlagh and Bundoran, so why not try your hand at a spot of surfing, or simply enjoy the sound of the sea? The cultural towns of Letterkenny and Sligo are also within easy reach of this Mountcharles cottage, making this holiday home an excellent base for your Irish self-catering holiday.
Over three floors. Four bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x second floor double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x second floor single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area (seats 6). Sitting room with gas fire.
- Oil central heating with gas fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Additional roadside parking available at front of cottage
- Rear lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk
- Beach 15 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “The house was very well equipped and was clean with a nice décor inside. A great space and excellent price.”
- “Neighbours were great & everything we needed was only a little walk away. A perfect location for seeing all that Donegal has to offer. We had a blast!”
- “The house was perfectly positioned and was immaculate with every home comfort that we could imagine. We loved our stay and would definitely recommend this property.”
About the location
MOUNTCHARLES, COUNTY DONEGAL
Donegal 6 miles; Letterkenny 37 miles; Aran Island 40 miles.
The pretty village of Mountcharles in County Donegal stands in an elevated position, overlooking Donegal Bay. An area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Donegal Bay is home to beautiful scenery and wonderful events, and with views of the majestic Bluestack Mountains, it is the perfect location for enjoying walks and a spot of birdwatching. With great surfing in the bay, and sea angling on offer, as well as historic Donegal Castle to visit, there is no shortage of things to do. Close by, Rossnowlagh, 'The Heavenly Cove', is known as the most scenic and dramatic beach in the North West, and boasts fantastic water sports, and breathtaking views of the rugged coastline and Donegal Bay. Within travelling distance is Donegal's largest town, Letterkenny, while Aran Island lies further afield but is well worth the trip. With so much to see and do, the village of Mountcharles is a great base for touring and exploring the area.