- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Donegal 9 miles. A superb detached cottage in a spectacular location at the foot of the Bluestack Mountains, County Donegal.
This beautiful Donegal cottage has been lovingly renovated to provide contemporary spacious accommodation, perfect for groups of friends and family.
The setting of this Donegal cottage is truly breathtaking.
Located on the scenic Bluestack Drive, this Donegal cottage overlooks the sprawling countryside and across the sea towards Sligo and Ben Bulben.
To the rear, guests can view the imposing mountains that loom over this cottage near Donegal.
This is an area of distinct natural beauty, and is the perfect place for artists, writers looking for inspiration or just those looking to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life!
There are countless walks in the area around this Donegal cottage with many routes accessible from the doorstep and the Bluestack Centre, just a few miles away, provides a variety of services.
Fishermen will love the expansive stocks in the local rivers and lakes, and cyclists can enjoy quiet country roads and stunning scenery aplenty!
Just a short drive away is the town of Donegal which plays host to a variety of shops and pubs as well as quality restaurants.
The historic market town, through which the River Eske flows out in to Donegal Bay, features a variety of festivals throughout the year and is the perfect place to experience traditional Irish music.
This Donegal cottage is also ideally located for exploring the majestic Slieve League cliffs and the stunning Glenveagh National Park.
Or, spend hours discovering unspoilt beaches such as those at Rossnowlagh, Bundoran and Dooey.
This tranquil Donegal cottage promises a unique and memorable holiday in one of Ireland’s most beautiful locations.
Four bedrooms: 2 x king-size double (one with en-suite shower, basin and WC), 1 x ground floor double with Jack-and-Jill access to shower room, 1 x ground floor twin. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with walk-in shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area (seats 6). Utility. Sitting room (seats 5) with multi-fuel stove. Summer room with dining area (seats 2).
- Oil central heating with multi-fuel stove
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, TV with Saorview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Ample off road parking
- Front patio garden
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 7 miles, pub 4 miles.
- Last minute
- “Everything perfect except the weather.”
- “Noreen very kindly met us at the Blue Stack Centre to lead the way to the house, which is quite isolated (and so saved a bit of map reading arguments!). The weather was best described with the words wet and windy but Noreen had the stove lit and a loaf of wheaten ready for us, we couldn't ask for more. The house is large and bright, the bedrooms clean and comfortable. Lots of walking to be done around the area (weather permitting) and while seemingly very remote, Donegal town is not an unreasonable distance away should a visit be required. I would highly recommend this property to anyone looking to get a bit of peace and quiet and enjoy the spectacular views.”
- “We had a wonderful stay at Blue Stack House. The owner was very friendly and made us feel so welcome. The house was perfect in every way. The bedrooms were beautiful with comfortable mattresses and the bathrooms large and new. The views from the house far exceeded our expectations. Can't recommend it highly enough!”
- “Liked the location, the view from the sun room, the friendly hosts and their sheep. In a quiet country location with a fireplace with plenty of fuel, it had a home away from home atmosphere.”
- “The location was lovely and just as described. The owners were very helpful and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Plenty of space in the property and the bathrooms were particularly spacious. The scenery from the property was stunning and the general area was good to explore.”
- “We spent a lovely week at Blue Stack. The house is extremely comfortable and very well set up for 8 people. The owners are very thoughtful in so many ways. Would recommend to anyone looking for a relaxing stay!”
- “It's a perfect house in the middle of a beautiful landscape. Peaceful and perfect if you want to have a real break. Plus, the owner is really kind and nice. I really recommend this cottage.”
- “A fantastic stay here! Very quiet and serene which was just what we needed after visiting the bigger cities. The owner was very friendly and we were lucky enough to see her and her son do some sheep sheering. The kids loved all the sheep around us as well, a great experience for them! Would love to return one day! Thanks for everything!”
About the location
DONEGAL TOWN, COUNTY DONEGAL
Ballyshannon 14 miles; Bundoran 18 miles; Glenveagh National Park 40 miles.
The bustling market town of Donegal Town is situated in the south of the county at the point where the River Eske flows into Donegal Bay. Rich in history, the town was founded as a result of the 17th century Ulster Plantation planned around the Donegal Diamond, and is home to Donegal Castle and Murvagh Beach. The area is fantastic for fishing, with numerous suitable rivers and lakes available. For golfers, Donegal Golf Club and Murvagh Links Course provide a great game against a stunning backdrop. The dramatic sandy beach at Rossnowlagh is backed by wonderful cliff views of Slieve League, and is framed by the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, making a wonderful day out. For a great taste of the lovely Irish scenery, enjoy a drive along the Glengesh Pass, while Slieve League, Glenveagh National Park and Castle and Malin Head are all worth a visit, or enjoy Donegal Festival in July or the Taste of Donegal Food Festival in Late August.