- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
A charming mid-terrace cottage situated in the suburb of Portobello; originally meaning ‘beautiful harbour’, next to the canal, close to the heart of Dublin City.
This delightful cottage has been tastefully decorated inside and out to offer a wonderful retreat for those wishing to explore and discover the delights of Ireland’s capital city.
Boasting two immaculate bedrooms, one with stunning views of the canal, and a bright, open plan living area with a charming fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area, this Dublin cottage exudes style, quality and comfort throughout.
Whether you are looking for cosy nights in by the fire, candlelit dinners or simply somewhere to rest your head after a night on the town, this Portobello cottage is ideal with its city centre location.
Enjoy views of the tree lined canal, from the front of this Dublin cottage, which offers a pleasant walking route.
A ten minute walk will take you right into the city centre where you will be spoilt with a range of attractions.
Spend relaxed days sipping coffee and watching the world go by, soaking up the chilled-out Dublin culture or dive into history and visit the Book of Kells, The National Gallery of Ireland or The National Museum of Ireland.
The Guinness Factory, Pheonix Park and Temple Bar are also some of the top attractions so why not make a Dublin bucket list and see how much you can squeeze in?
Within easy driving distance is the sandy beach at Portmarnock, golf courses at Clontarf and Leopardstown and the racecourse at Fairyhouse.
Rain or shine you will find plenty to keep you busy, so why not come and experience this vibrant and charming city from the comfort of this delightful Dublin cottage?
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x double. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric stove.
Oil central heating with electric stove. Electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, TV with Saorview, WiFi. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Roadside parking outside cottage with parking permit provided by owner. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 10 mins walk. Dublin bike hire 1 min walk.
- Last minute
- “Enchanting, comfortable, within walking distance of Dublin Centre.”
- “Excellent accommodation, tea, coffee, bread, milk all there on arrival. Welcomed by Audrey who was most helpful.”
- “Coolville a very cool place”
- “I spent two weeks in Coolville with my sons and sister and we all had a great time. My sister is a world traveler and manages a 5 star hotel so she can be somewhat picky but even she was happy. This is a great location, though it can be a bit of a hike into town depending on your walking pace (I was walking with kids) but the shops and pubs along the way are great. Service on site was fantastic. The local contact, Audrey, was an absolute doll. As noted in the previous review everything was laid in on arrival so we could make a breakfast in the morning. Place was spotless and I think excellent value for the money. Note in my review that I say the directions were good as opposed to great. In fairness that might be simply attributable to driving in Dublin in general. Road names change quickly so it can be a challenge keeping track.”
- “This property is in a perfect location, great value, and beautiful.”
- “This property is an excellent vacation home rental. The location is situated in an area that is bursting with culture, quality food and plenty of choices, as well as beautiful and steps away from many forms of transportation. The property was stocked with everything promised plus shampoo, soaps, and some coffee, tea, and a little breakfast. We had wifi and television also. I happen to be in the vacation home rental and house cleaning business in the States. And with that experience I wouldn't change a thing at this property. Well done!”
- “The property was lovely, in a great location and has been maintained really well. Would definitely go back again.”
- “The property is fantastic! It is situated perfectly for getting into central Dublin. The property itself is beautiful, we were blown away when we got there! It has hundreds of small details that add up to perfection. Special mention must go to both the owner and the caretaker, both were welcoming and the owner went over and above to make sure we enjoyed our holiday. Sykes staff are brilliant as well!”
- “We all had a lovely time staying at Coolville, it was in a perfect location for walking around Dublin and the cottage was clean and had everything we needed.”
- “Great little cottage in a great location for exploring Dublin, especially the south side of the Liffey. The owner was very helpful and gave a great welcome to the stay.”
- “We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Coolville. It is decorated beautifully with attention to detail. The location of Coolville is perfect, right on the canal with the swans floating by which you can see from the master bedroom window. If this property is available when we travel to Dublin again we would love to stay here.”
- “The kitchen was properly equipped, allowing me to cook food. Most important, the quality of the bed was more than excellent, I slept very well. The overall quality was definitely 5 star to me. I'm very pleased with my stay at your house.”
- “Très agréable séjour. Un accueil très chaleureux. Une maison très confortable et agréable, même si la salle de bain est un peu petite. Quartier bien sympathique, proche du centre (15 minutes à pieds). Very enjoyable stay. A very warm welcome . A very comfortable and pleasant home, even if the bathroom is a bit small. Very nice area close to the centre. (15 minutes walk) .”
- “This property is an excellent vacation home rental. The location is situated in an area that is bursting with culture, quality food and plenty of choices, as well as beautiful and steps away from many forms of transportation. The property was stocked with everything promised plus shampoo, soaps, and some coffee and tea. We had WiFi and television also. I happen to be in the vacation home rental and house cleaning business in the States. And with that experience I wouldn't change a thing at this property. Well done!”
About the location
DUBLIN, COUNTY DUBLIN
Clontarf 3.5 miles; Portmarnock 9 miles.
The beating heart of Ireland and the capital of culture, heritage and tradition, Dublin makes for an exciting and wonderful break. A thriving city, located on the east coast of the island, Dublin originally takes its name from Blackpool which means ‘Black Pool’ when the River Liffey met the Poddle stream to form a deep pool by Dublin Castle. Home to Ireland’s President and the iconic Christchurch Cathedral there is an abundance of things to see and do in this vibrant city. Dublin is a gourmet paradise with endless eateries, traditional and modern pubs, and quirky cafés as well as many markets, galleries and museums to explore. The Guinness Factory, The Book of Kells and Bewley’s café are just some of the popular attractions here in Dublin. Glorious countryside is only a short drive away so it really is the best of both worlds!