- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
Ballinrobe 6 miles. A single-storey detached property in a superb position on the very edge of Lough Mask, on the peninsula known as Burkes Island, 6 miles from Ballinrobe, County Mayo. The living area of this County Mayo cottage is spacious and welcoming, with a large sitting area with woodburner, and a dining area which takes full advantage of the superb views over the lough, making it a special spot for an evening meal as the sun sets. Guests enjoy a loughside patio and can make use of the private slipway leading down into the water, ideal for swimming or for launching your own boat. For those who don't have a boat of their own, a boat, engine and lifejackets can be hired from the owner. Ballinrobe, 6 miles away, offers shops, restaurants and bars, and makes a great base for exploring the rest of Mayo and even Galway. A wonderful waterside County Mayo cottage.
All ground floor. Four bedrooms: 1 x double with doors to patio with lough view & en-suite shower, basin, WC, 1 x double, 2 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin, WC. Compact kitchen. Spacious dining area with lough views. Large sitting area with woodburner.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV with Sky, DVD
- All power & starter pack of fuel for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot & highchair on request
- Small side lawn
- Large loughside patio with furniture, BBQ & private slipway
- Boat, engine & life jackets can be hired from owner at €150 per week
- Training can be arranged in advance with owner
- Off road parking in private driveway for 4 cars
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops & pub 6 miles
- Note: Private water supply from lough; large starter bottle of drinking water provided
- Note: Due to proximity of lough, children must be supervised at all times and are advised to wear flotation jackets.
About the location
BALLINROBE, COUNTY MAYO
Westport 20 miles; Galway 30 miles.
Ballinrobe is a lively market town on the River Robe in County Mayo, close to Lough Mask, Lough Carra and Lough Corrib. Geographically, it is ideally located as a touring base for those wishing to explore Galway, Mayo and west Ireland. Dating back to the 1300s, Ballinrobe is believed to be the oldest town in South Mayo, and is surrounded by many features of archaeological, architectural, historic and ecological interest. Ballinrobe is known as the lake angling centre of the west, and with 60,000 acres of lough fishing, and miles of river fishing close by, it is easy to see why, plus the town offers a championship 18 hole golf course and spring and summer horse racing meetings. For day trips, the stunning Mayo coastline can be easily reached in half an hour, and a visit to the world-famous Connemara National Park, with its breathtaking walks and amazing scenery, makes for an unforgettable day trip.