- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
Ballinrobe 3 miles. A cosy, detached cottage, situated on the shores of Lough Mask, 3 miles from the market town of Ballinrobe, in County Mayo.
One of just three cottages in this private location, Lakeside is a cosy, well-equipped property, ideally situated for enjoying the nature and wildlife of Ireland.
Spot wild deer and red squirrels, or take advantage of the nearby birdwatching facilities and see how many of the 46 species you can identify.
Alternatively, explore the delights of Lough Mask; at 22,000 acres it is Ireland's third largest lake, and home to world championship fly fishing.
Hire a boat and row around the shores, or hire a guide for the day, who will tell you all you need to know.
The cottage's private harbour makes it ideal for a spot of fishing, and with shared access to a play area and tennis court, there is something to keep everyone busy.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite (bath with shower over, basin and WC), 1 x double, 1 x twin. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with open fire and seating for 4.
- Electric heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, TV, video player, DVD player, radio
- Oil and electricity charged by meter reading,first €20 inc. in rent
- Starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Small outside area with garden furniture and BBQ
- Shared access to secluded harbour onto Lough Mask, outdoor play area and tennis court
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Shop and pub 3 miles
- Note: Due to the proximity of the lake, children must be supervised.
About the location
BALLINROBE, COUNTY MAYO
Westport 20 miles; Galway 30 miles.
Ballinrobe is a lively market town on the River Robe in County Mayo, close to Lough Mask, Lough Carra and Lough Corrib. Geographically, it is ideally located as a touring base for those wishing to explore Galway, Mayo and west Ireland. Dating back to the 1300s, Ballinrobe is believed to be the oldest town in South Mayo, and is surrounded by many features of archaeological, architectural, historic and ecological interest. Ballinrobe is known as the lake angling centre of the west, and with 60,000 acres of lough fishing, and miles of river fishing close by, it is easy to see why, plus the town offers a championship 18 hole golf course and spring and summer horse racing meetings. For day trips, the stunning Mayo coastline can be easily reached in half an hour, and a visit to the world-famous Connemara National Park, with its breathtaking walks and amazing scenery, makes for an unforgettable day trip.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute