- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Spiddal 5 miles. A large, detached ground floor cottage, situated 5 miles from the seaside village of Spiddal, in County Galway.
Built in 1952, the cottage still retains many original features, such as the traditional open fire with built-in seating; and with delightful views over Galway Bay, this is a cottage not to be missed.
Take the 5 minute stroll down to the beach and enjoy sea fishing and coastal walks, venture into the village and enjoy the traditional music in the pubs, or visit one of Spiddal's craft shops and take the rare opportunity to buy a unique, handmade gift.
A short drive will take you to Galway city, where you can explore its history, visit Lynch's Castle or enjoy fresh seafood in one of the many restaurants.
With plenty of space both inside and out, lovely views and a traditional setting, this lovely Ireland cottage has something to please everyone.
All ground floor. Four bedrooms: 2 x double with sink (one with views towards Galway Bay), 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath with shower over and basin. Separate WC. Fitted kitchen. Dining room with views towards Galway Bay and seating for 6. Sitting room with open fire and seating for 7.
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Water filter system delivering unlimited bottle-quality water
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV, DVD player, CD/radio
- Fuel, power and two baskets of turf for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair available
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Lawned garden with patio area, garden furniture, BBQ and views of Galway Bay
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 1 mile, pub 5 mins walk
- Note: This property is suitable for babes-in-arms and children aged 10 years and above only
- Note: No stag/hen parties
- Note: Check-in time is 4pm
- Check-out time is 10am
About the location
SPIDDAL, COUNTY GALWAY
Furbogh 4 miles; Galway City 12 miles; Oranmore 16 miles.
The small seaside village of Spiddal, on the Irish Coast, overlooks Galway Bay and the Aran Islands, and is a very popular destination for visitors. With numerous restaurants and pubs, two beaches and a lovely coastal golf course it has something to suit all tastes. Located close to Shannagarraun Wood, a Special Area of Conservation, Spiddal provides lovely places to walk and explore. Try sea fishing off the pier, take a walk down Tra na mBan Blue Flag sandy beach or indulge in a round of golf at Rosshill Golf Course. Only 12 miles to the east lies Galway City, where you can discover some of Ireland's long and varied history; visit Lynch's Castle, or trace the origin of the famous Claddagh Ring, which originated in a village near the shore of Galway Bay. Why not take a day trip to the Aran Islands? Catch a ferry from Rosaveel, or, alternatively, charter a boat and take a leisurely journey to one of the three islands. A lovely coastal village, not to be missed.