- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This delightful holiday property is attached to the owner's own home, situated in the picturesque harbour and fishing village of Roundstone, County Galway. Tastefully furnished, this Roundstone cottage represents a great family getaway in a beautiful area of Ireland. This single-storey cottage in Roundstone offers two double bedrooms, a twin bedroom, a bathroom, and a welcoming open plan living area comprising a fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area. The village of Roundstone is renowned as one of Monty Halls' Great Escapes and visitors will never be short of something to do, especially in the summer months. Traditional Irish nights showcasing local music and dance are a must, while sea fishing trips can be enjoyed from the pier, plus there is a fantastic selection of pubs and restaurants just a two minute walk from your Roundstone cottage. Two miles away from this County Galway cottage are the sandy beaches at Dog's Bay or Gurteen, arguably two of the finest beaches in Ireland, while day trips to Galway city, Connemara National Park and the Aran Islands are highly recommended. Walkers will love hiking in the Twelve Bens mountains, but if you are seeking a more relaxing break you can simply enjoy taking in the mountain and sea views from this Roundstone cottage before retiring to the wonderful Jacuzzi bath.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double, 1 x king-size double (bed accessed via one side only), 1 x twin. Bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire.
- Electric storage heaters with electric fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, TV with Free-to-air channels, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Electricity inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Private rear enclosed patio with furniture and BBQ
- Private front lawned garden
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk
- Note: This property is attached to the owner's own property but is securely separated by a bolted door and porch.
- Last minute
- “Amazing holidays”
- “I have been coming to this area for over 40 years. The scenery is amazing no matter what the weather, the welcome from the community who live here is always warm and inviting and there is so much to see and do 1 week is never enough. The owners of this property are the nicest couple you could meet, and we always feel like one of the family when we visit. We've been twice in the last year, and are about to go again next month, with our annual trip in June now permanently pencilled in their diary. As long as out party size doesn't grow beyond 6 we won't be looking for anywhere else to stay”
- “well equipped and excellent welcome”
- “Excellent position in village. Well equipped and attractively furnished. i was very ill during our stay,having developed pneumonia en route, and the owner was very considerate and helpful.Local Doctor was excellent and treatment exemplary. After a few days I was able to enjoy the glorious scenery of the area - my family had a superb holiday! I would recommend the cottage to anyone - we would certainly like to go back!”
- “dream trip”
- “roundstone is a beutiful village on the edge of the connemara national park scenery is spectacular people are so friendy,it is an old fishing village and good craic ideal for walkers,the cottage is fabulous i was greeted with a gift of brown bread and apple tart,to delicious to describe,the family who let out the cottage are lovely and so friendly,the cottage is wrm and comfy and sparkling it has everything you need for your stay,i couldnt put a fault on this place at all exellent”
- “We loved the house and the village, the scenery is beautiful and peaceful.”
- “The location was perfect, close to both village and fantastic beach nearby. A friendly and very helpful owner.”
About the location
ROUNDSTONE, COUNTY GALWAY
Clifden 14.5 miles; Connemara National Park 25 miles; Galway 48 miles.
Roundstone, in the Connemara region of County Galway, lies on the western arm of Bertraghboy Bay. The entrance to Roundstone harbour is marked by a large stone, like an upturned bath tub, which is known as seals rock (Chloch na Ron) as seals like to clamber up onto it and bask in the sunshine. The bay itself is also often referred to as Roundstone Haven. Roundstone offers pubs, restaurants, cafés, shops and a children’s playground, plus there is a traditional Irish night in the summer and a number of festivals which take place throughout the year. Roundstone is full of historical and geographical points of interest, including the bell tower of the Franciscan Monastery, now standing in the Michael Killeen Park, and the remains of a monument to St Brendan on Inishnee, a small island in Roundstone Bay. A five-minute drive away are Gurteen and Dog's Bay beaches, plus attractions in the area include horse riding, deep sea fishing, hill walking and cycling. Just eight miles from Roundstone is the Connemara Golf Club and further afield there is great scenery to enjoy either on foot, bicycle or in the car. The lively town of Clifden has lots of interesting things to see, while the Connemara National Park is just a little further away and the city of Galway can be reached in an hour’s drive.