- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
A welcoming terraced cottage in the coastal village of Ballyheigue in County Kerry on the Wild Atlantic Way. This cosy Ballyheigue cottage offers comfortable family accommodation, including en-suite facilities to one of the bedrooms. The open plan living area of this Ballyheigue cottage is just the spot to relax together by the multi-fuel stove, and relive the adventures of the day, or if the weather is fine why not head outside for an alfresco meal in the fresh sea air? This Ballyheigue cottage is an ideal family base, with the fabulous Banna Beach a short drive, and the Banna Leisure Centre offering an alternative that is surely just as fun! Hop into the car and head along the Kerry Head Drive taking in the wonderful Kerry Way scenery, stretch your legs along the country lanes of the area, or simply between tees on the Banna golf course! Whether visiting Tralee, Fenit, Dingle or simply staying close to home in Ballyheigue, your Ballyheigue cottage will welcome you back every evening of your stay in unforgettable Ireland.
Three bedrooms: 2 x double (one with en-suite shower, basin and WC), 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with multi-fuel stove.
- Oil central heating with multi-fuel stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, TV, DVD
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Roadside parking
- Garden with paved patio, lawn and furniture
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk.
- “great stay at this lovely cottage”
- “5 of us stayed here for 4 days in April ( wish it was longer ) poppy cottage is a beautiful holiday home in a lovely seaside area we were late arriving so we were so happy the owner had put the heating on and left tea coffee and milk the cottage is small from the outside but once inside we could not get over how big it was you could easily seat 10 people in the 2 sitting rooms there are 3 very large bedrooms all very nicely decorated there is a nice fitted kitchen and the views out of garden of ballyheigue were stunning we can highly recommend poppy cottage and will hopefully stay here when we visit again”
- “Had a lovely stay. In an excellent location and was everything we needed.”
About the location
BALLYHEIGUE, COUNTY KERRY
Tralee 12 miles; Killarney 40 miles.
The pretty coastal village of Ballyheigue quietly sits at the north point of County Kerry and is recognised as the start of the Kerry Head Drive. Offering great access to wonderful Banna Beach and Leisure Centre this charming village boasts a wealth of shops, pubs and eateries as well as a fabulous golf course situated in an 18th century castle! The lively town of Tralee is nearby offering a broad range of amenities and a number of great walking opportunities, including the Dingle and North Kerry Way, whilst the marina at nearby Fenit is well worth a visit. With many other towns and villages scattered throughout the area offering a wealth of visitor attractions, this lovely village provides an ideal base for exploring all the county has to offer!