- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Knightstown 1 mile. A charming, traditional, detached Irish cottage set in a quiet position just a stone's throw from the water's edge, between the villages of Chapeltown and Knightstown on Valentia Island.
Care has been taken to preserve the original character of this single-storey property, whilst providing a comfortable standard of accommodation and convenience.
The property benefits from a welcoming open fire and delightful informal gardens to the rear, which afford privacy and seclusion.
With excellent walking and cycling from the doorstep and a variety of boat trips departing nearby, Brendan's Cottage provides an ideal base for people who want to explore this beautiful and fascinating corner of County Kerry.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 2 x twin each with basin. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area, open fire and electric heater.
- Oil central heating with open fire and electric heater in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV, radio
- Fuel & power charged by meter reading
- Starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Lawned informal gardens to rear and patio area with garden furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- Note: No children under 5, including infants.
Note: No children under 5, including infants.
- “A really lovely holiday home”
- “In fact, this year was the second time we stayed at Brendans for our summer holiday. Brendans cottage is a charming, traditional place to explore Valentia and the Kerry coast. The small garden is perfect to relax, the way down to the strand is just a couple of meters. The cottage has all facilities needed - the kitchen is well equipped. Brendans cottage has a very friendly owner who did all to make our stay comfortable.”
About the location
KNIGHTSTOWN, COUNTY KERRY
Cahersiveen 15 miles; Kerry Airport 53 miles.
Knightstown is the main village on Valentia Island, which lies off the coast of the Iveragh Peninsula in County Kerry. It is accessible from the mainland by ferry from Reenard Point, or via the road bridge at Portmagee. Knightstown provides restaurants and Irish pubs as well as entertainment and local shops. It is also the departure point for a variety of sightseeing boat trips and fishing trips. Take a trip to the magnificent Skellig Islands, the site of a 6th century monastic settlement, and home to a large colony of gannets and puffins. With around 650 residents Valentia Island stands out as one of the westernmost inhabited locations in Europe, and was the site of the first permanent communications link between Europe and the United States. The Island is famed for its magnificent 'Fogher' sea cliffs, which rise majestically from the Atlantic Ocean on the northern side of the Island, and the subtropical gardens at Glanleam House, which are a unique delight for visitors of all ages.