- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
A cosy, semi-detached cottage located in the heart of Thomastown, a lively market town in the south east of County Kilkenny.
Traditionally decorated with the owner's touches throughout, this charming cottage offers a slice of Irish life from years gone by, and is the perfect romantic retreat for couples wishing to step back in time and spend some quality time together in the Nore Valley.
The double bedroom is tucked away on the mezzanine level, up a steep wooden staircase, so you can truly experience the ins and outs of an old Irish cottage.
The fitted kitchen comes well-equipped and still retains the original stone walls of the old building.
Why not enjoy snuggling up together in the sitting room in front of the multi-fuel stove on those chilly nights?
A dainty patio lies to the rear of this cottage in Thomastown, accessed via a small door in the sitting area, providing a space where you can enjoy a morning coffee and paper or simply a glass of wine after a day spent exploring this beautiful county.
The heritage town of Thomastown boasts a number of delightful pubs, delicious restaurants and charming shops, and has a rich collection of 13th century ruins, the most recognised being Jerpoint Abbey, which has an excellent visitor centre and daily guide services.
The area rests on the banks of the River Nore, which is famed for its salmon and trout fishing, and the golf course at Mount Juliet nearby offers a superb day out for any enthusiasts.
The county town of Kilkenny is only a short drive away, a popular destination for tourists, and offers a number of attractions for all ages.
With so much to discover at this cosy Thomastown cottage, you are sure to have a fantastic break.
One double bedroom. Wet room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area, sofa bed and multi-fuel stove.
- Heating from multi-fuel stove and gas cylinder heater
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, TV with Saorview, DVD, selection of books and games
- First €20 of power inc. in rent, with meter top ups available to purchase locally
- Initial supply of gas and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Small enclosed patio with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 10 mins walk
- Note: The bedroom at this property is on the mezzanine level and has sloping ceilings and a steep ladder staircase and may not be suitable for children or those with limited mobility
- Note: There is mild road noise in the daytime.
About the location
THOMASTOWN, COUNTY KILKENNY
Kilkenny 11 miles, Waterford 25 miles.
The town of Thomastown lies in the south east of County Kilkenny and is a well known, lively market town. Resting in the valley of the River Nore, well known for its salmon and trout fishing, Thomastown is surrounded by beautiful scenery and nature. The lively market town has a strong historic background and a number of 13th century ancient monuments still remain in the town, such as a large church and high cross, not to mention the stunning Jerpoint Abbey, one of the best preserved Cistercian ruins left in Ireland today. The Abbey also has a visitor centre and daily guide services available. Other visitor attractions near Thomastown include the golf course at Mount Juliet and Kilfane Glen Gardens.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute