- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
A cosy, semi-detached cottage located in the heart of Thomastown, a lively market town in the south east of County Kilkenny.
Traditionally decorated with the owner's touches throughout, this charming cottage offers a slice of Irish life from years gone by, and is the perfect romantic retreat for couples wishing to step back in time and spend some quality time together in the Nore Valley.
The double bedroom is tucked away on the mezzanine level, up a steep wooden staircase, so you can truly experience the ins and outs of an old Irish cottage.
The fitted kitchen comes well-equipped and still retains the original stone walls of the old building.
Why not enjoy snuggling up together in the sitting room in front of the multi-fuel stove on those chilly nights?
A dainty patio lies to the rear of this cottage in Thomastown, accessed via a small door in the sitting area, providing a space where you can enjoy a morning coffee and paper or simply a glass of wine after a day spent exploring this beautiful county.
The heritage town of Thomastown boasts a number of delightful pubs, delicious restaurants and charming shops, and has a rich collection of 13th century ruins, the most recognised being Jerpoint Abbey, which has an excellent visitor centre and daily guide services.
The area rests on the banks of the River Nore, which is famed for its salmon and trout fishing, and the golf course at Mount Juliet nearby offers a superb day out for any enthusiasts.
The county town of Kilkenny is only a short drive away, a popular destination for tourists, and offers a number of attractions for all ages.
With so much to discover at this cosy Thomastown cottage, you are sure to have a fantastic break.
One double bedroom. Wet room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area, sofa bed and multi-fuel stove.
Heating from multi-fuel stove and gas cylinder heater. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, TV with Saorview, DVD, selection of books and games. First €20 of power inc. in rent, with meter top ups available to purchase locally. Initial supply of gas and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 2 cars. Small enclosed patio with furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 10 mins walk. Note: The bedroom at this property is on the mezzanine level and has sloping ceilings and a steep ladder staircase and may not be suitable for children or those with limited mobility. Note: There is mild road noise in the daytime.
- Last minute
- “Coquette maison”
- “Nous avons adoré notre séjour dans ce charmant cottage ,nous y avons séjourné 3nuits lors de notre passage dans ce très jolie conté de killekenny ,très bien accueillis par nos hôte,décoration très jolie ,typique ,confortable ,toutes commodités ,calme paisible,maison propre ,promenade ,magasins et pub très proches a pied,thomastown est un village très agréable ou les villageois chaleureux y respire la joie de vivre.merci!”
- “un paradis dans une coque de noix”
- “cette petite maison très charmante, bien équipée et décorée avec beaucoup de soin nous a beaucoup plu! Bravo !!”
- “I love how cosy of this cottage. As soon as you step in you can really feel that the owner put their heart in the building process. There was nothing more romantic than sitting in front of the warming stove with a nice glass of wine. The bedroom and bed were just excellent. It is very close to town but also quiet enough to relax. We will definitely be back.”
- “We thought it was cosy, quirky and a lovely insight in to how living in a typical Irish cottage would be. The bed and bedding were excellent and so comfortable. The whole cottage was very well laid out and had everything you could ever need for a stay. Overall we were extremely happy with our week stay and will definitely recommend to friends and family, and it will be our first choice next time we visit Kilkenny.”
- “Will be returning. Really sweet cottage, short walk to shops and pubs. Thomastown and it's people are fantastic and very friendly, gorgeous scenery and 15 minute train ride to Kilkenny.”
About the location
THOMASTOWN, COUNTY KILKENNY
Kilkenny 11 miles, Waterford 25 miles.
The town of Thomastown lies in the south east of County Kilkenny and is a well known, lively market town. Resting in the valley of the River Nore, well known for its salmon and trout fishing, Thomastown is surrounded by beautiful scenery and nature. The lively market town has a strong historic background and a number of 13th century ancient monuments still remain in the town, such as a large church and high cross, not to mention the stunning Jerpoint Abbey, one of the best preserved Cistercian ruins left in Ireland today. The Abbey also has a visitor centre and daily guide services available. Other visitor attractions near Thomastown include the golf course at Mount Juliet and Kilfane Glen Gardens.