- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Gowran 5 miles.
A superbly-appointed, converted farmhouse, next to the owners' small livestock farm and set amongst glorious countryside near the village of Gowran, County Kilkenny.
This Gowran cottage has been lovingly renovated to provide bright, airy and spacious accommodation that still retains the character and identity of the original building.
With modern features such as electric radiators and kitchen appliances complemented by thick walls and sloping ceilings, this Gowran cottage will allow guests to relax and settle in immediately.
This Gowran cottage benefits from two ground floor bedrooms as well as a ground floor wet room, which, with wide doorways and no internal steps, make the ground floor wheelchair accessible.
The open plan living accommodation is ideal for spending time together whether it is with family or friends and there is even a mezzanine-level sitting area where the children can play or adults can relax with a good book or glass of wine!
This Gowran cottage is set in idyllic countryside and the enclosed garden, complete with furniture is perfect for alfresco dining or just enjoying the peace and tranquillity of the countryside.
The quaint village of Gowran is just a few miles away and has many amenities including shops, pubs and a racecourse!
The city of Kilkenny is just over ten minutes' drive and a cultural hotspot where you can enjoy a wide range of events including the Kilkenny Cat Laughs Comedy Festival.
The city also boasts a colourful history with an impressive castle and cathedral within the city limits.
Kilkenny is also the perfect spot to enjoy traditional Irish music with many venues displaying a variety of talents that will never fail to entertain.
Further afield, the cities of Dublin and Waterford are easily reached along the nearby motorway and a day trip to the beautiful east coast and the mountains of Wicklow is a must.
With so much to see and do, this Kilkenny cottage is just waiting for you to experience it all.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x ground floor double with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 x ground floor twin. Ground floor wet room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with gas fire. Mezzanine sitting area (seats 2) with sofa bed.
- Electric central heating with gas fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Saorview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Gas inc. in rent
- Electricity charged by meter reading, first €20 inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate
- Ample off road parking
- Enclosed patio and lawned garden with furniture and trampoline
- Front courtyard garden with BBQ
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 5 miles, pub 2 miles
- Note: The owner requires a €50 refundable deposit for the electric gate fob
- Note: Due to the cattle, horse and cat on the owners' farm, pets should be kept on a lead when outside
- Note: The ground floor is wheelchair accessible.
- Last minute
- “The house was as spacious as on the pictures, and very clean. The owners are very helpful and accommodating. It was great for our 2 year old son, it even had toy cars and a ramp to play with. The yard is well fenced and without any dangers for a 2 year old. The trampoline is a nice soft one and the house is near the top of a hill and gets good sun in the afternoon (when the sun is out, it's Ireland), and we had a visit from a friendly horse. There is a friendly cat around too. The TV is not really big, but we don't really watch TV. The wifi internet access is stable and reachable through the house.”
- “What a find! Perfect.”
- “Stayed here on our first family holiday with our Granddaugher & family.& our little dog Poppy. What a fantastic cottage ! John & his wife met us when we arrived early & explained how everything worked , nothing was to much trouble. We had lovely weather & made good use of the barbecue & patio ! Even managed to feed their horse Prince! 3 bedrooms all on suite plenty of space to relax & chill out everywhere was well maintained & very clean a credit to the owners. Would love to return next year . Thank you for a wonderful holiday”
- “Simply stunning”
- “Wow!! What a great house to stay in. Extremely comfortable and clean. The trampoline was loved by our children who spent many an hour bouncing away. The fact this property is on a working farm was a real hit as well. The kids loved feeding carrots to the horse, watching the tractor and trying to stare out the cows!! The owners were also extremely friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. The house is also in a fantastic location. Kilkenny city is just beautiful and a very easy 15-20 minute drive away. The surrounding countryside is also amazing. Among the many Highlights of our trip were Woodstock Gardens, the Reptile Zoo in Gowran, Mohan Falls and everything about Kilkenny City. I would thoroughly recommend this house to stay in. If we come back to this area again, we won't even bother to look elsewhere - nothing can beat this house.”
- “Absolutely first class accomodation which I would highly recommend”
- “We decided to visit Ireland in order to take my Mum to her childhood home for her 80th birthday. We booked the accomodation on line and really didn't know what to expect. From initial arrival where we were greeted by the owners as friends, right through to our departure we would not be able to make any negative comments at all. The accomodation was first class and it was like staying in a five star accomodation. The owners were friendly and helpful at all times and my Mum's birthday treat was made complete. Thank you so much for everything and we will be back at some time.Would love to do it in the summer.”
- “The highlight of our stay, I have nothing but praise for this place. It was comfortable, well appointed and there was plenty of hot water for everyone to use. The landlords could not have been more helpful or accommodating. Would recommend to anyone and would stay here again.”
- “The owners were terrific hosts. We have been holidaying in Ireland for the last four years and Beech Lane Farmhouse is the best place so far. Will be recommending it to everyone.”
- “The owners are very welcoming and helpful. The cottage is lovely and a perfect location for exploring Kilkenny City, Co Kilkenny and beyond. A very comfortable, relaxing place to stay with a great view of the countryside. No hesitation in highly recommending to others.”
- “The house was very clean , warm and in a very quiet location. The owners of the property were very friendly and helpful. Loved the house cat and horse in the field next door.”
- “This was a perfect venue for a most enjoyable family gathering, we most certainly will return.”
- “The Farmhouse could only be described as superb. It was like a home from home ( only better with more facilities than our home). We could not accurately describe how good this property is and we would have no hesitation in recommending it to anybody.”
- “Lovely warm and friendly welcome. Great location for touring the area, and good train links to Dublin too. Would happily recommend to others.”
- “Our hosts were amazing and very helpful. The farmhouse was beautiful and in stunning surroundings. Lots to do nearby and further away.”
- “I can honestly say this was the most beautiful holiday let I have had the pleasure of staying in. The facilities were all top notch and the surroundings were amazing. The house was so comfortable that we felt like we were returning home each night. I am already planning my return next year!”
- “The location is lovely and was so peaceful. We were not far from a pub or from the city of Kilkenny. We were made very welcome. The accommodation is lovely and we had everything we needed. There was milk and a lovely apple pie in the fridge when we arrived which was a nice touch.”
About the location
GOWRAN, COUNTY KILKENNY
Kilkenny 8 miles; Carlow 14 miles.
The quaint village of Gowran lies to the east of Kilkenny city. The village was once a place of importance prior to the Norman invasion and the large church and castle are still visible today. Gowran Park Racecourse and 18 hole golf course is located just outside the village and there is also a popular pitch and putt course in the village. Gowran lies close to the vibrant city of Kilkenny which is a cultural hotspot with many bars and restaurants as well as theatres and music venues. The River Nore provides excellent fishing opportunities and there is easy access to Dublin and the south via the M9 motorway. A superb, central location for your Irish holiday.