- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Kells 0.75 miles Enjoying a beautiful riverside position and just a short walk from the village of Kells, County Kilkenny is this stylish, eco-friendly cottage. The perfect getaway for a couple or a small family, this Kells cottage offers two comfortable bedrooms, including a family room which is ideal for younger visitors, and a sociable open plan kitchen and living area, complete with a cosy woodburning stove for those chillier evenings. Undoubtedly the highlight of this Kells cottage is the beautiful, raised decked area to the rear overlooking the Kings River. Relax here with a good book or the morning paper as the soothing sounds of the flowing water eases your cares, or cast in a line and see what bites before cooking the catch of the day on the barbecue. While this is a wonderfully peaceful spot to get away from it all, Kells village is just a ten minute walk away, and the wonderful city of Kilkenny is just 8 miles north. Take a day trip to Dublin, Waterford or to the many beaches on the Waterford and Wexford coast, which are within an hour's drive, or stay closer to home by visiting the 12th century priory in Kells village. With Jerpoint Abbey just a short drive and the renowned golf course at Mount Juliet even closer, this Kells cottage is a fantastic getaway in an undiscovered part of the Emerald Isle.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x family room with triple bunks (double below, single above) and small ladder to mezzanine with chair. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove. Utility.
Oil underfloor heating with solar panels and woodburning stove in sitting area. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books and games. Fuel, power and fuel for woodburning stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Folding cot/bed and highchair available on request. Off road parking for 3 cars. Rear deck with river views, furniture and BBQ. Front grassed area. Fruit from orchard when in season. Daily fishing licence available to purchase in Kells village. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 12 mins walk. Note: An open canoe with equipment and a bicycle can be hired at an additional cost by arrangement with the owner. Note: The land around the river can occasionally be prone to flooding and care should be taken at those times. This does not affect the property itself or access to the property.
- Last minute
- “Terrific accommodation”
- “Glory Cottage is perfect for a holiday in the Co. Kilkenny region. Its central location in Kells enabled us to travel north, south, east and west through south-east Ireland. The cottage is so well equipped. We have stayed in a lot of self-catering accommodation in Europe and the US and Glory Cottage has the most comfortable bed and well-equipped kitchen, plenty of hot water and a great shower head. The wood heater certainly warmed the whole house and the lounge was still warm in the morning. The cottage is next to the river and has a large deck on the back which would be delightful on a summer day. We were able to watch a beautiful full moon rise over the surrounding fields. We did have a little trouble with the wi-fi but otherwise were thoroughly happy.”
- “Stayed here over the Christmas period with friends. The house is fantastic and very cosy. Owner is very helpful and friendly. House even had stuff you would not expect like board games, dvds, fishing rods, tennis rackets etc. We will most definitely be returning.”
- “Glory Cottage was a great home base for our stay in the Kilkenny area. It is close to a lot of attractions. The cottage is very warm and comfortable with everything we needed for a wonderful stay.”
- “This Cottage was an excellent base from which to explore the countryside. The essentials were all in the Cottage and the bed was so comfortable. A great get away Cottage. Thanks for making our stay enjoyable.”
- “The cottage was comfortable and warm with a pleasant rural outlook. There were plenty of interesting sights within a short drive of the cottage.”
- “Good location for visiting family and a beautiful setting for relaxing. Would definitely stay again.”
- “We were pleasantly surprised with the cottage, it was fabulous and we would like to go again.”
- “The cottage was ideal for our family. We had a new baby with us so having a washing machine and tumble dryer was excellent. It was very warm and cosy and very well equipped. We loved the location on the river and Kells itself was very pretty.”
- “Glory Cottage was extremely well equipped and comfortable. The wood heater was sufficient to warm the whole house and even in the morning, the lounge room was still warm. Cottage was in great location leading to days out in all directions.”
- “The property gave great access to Kilkenny and the surrounding areas and was a real home from home base for us with a wonderful garden.”
- “The house is welcoming and very nice. The garden is really great and there is everything you need for a great stay!”
- “We were looking for a nice cottage where we could relax without the daily noises but from where we also would be able to start many different tours to nearby cities and special places. Glory Cottage matched these requirements perfectly! Additionally the host came by once to drop off new towels etc and he gladly gave us some advice and recommendations on where to go.”
- “Very Cosy house. Beautiful Location. Will most definitely be returning.”
- “Being our 1st visit to Ireland we didn't know what to expect but completely loved it. The cottage was warm when we arrived with ample wood supplied for the wood burner along with ample linen, towels and essential items.”
About the location
KELLS, COUNTY KILKENNY
Kilkenny 8 miles.
A medieval walled village situated on the King's River, Kells is perhaps best known for its 12th century Augustinian Priory which dominates the local landscape and is one of the largest and most impressive medieval monuments in Ireland. The village itself occupies a picturesque, rural location some 8 miles south of the vibrant city of Kilkenny, and is an excellent spot for fishing, canoeing or simply exploring the countryside on foot. History buffs can visit Jerpoint Abbey, the high crosses at Ahenny or one of Ireland’s oldest megalithic tombs at Knockroe.