“This property was located in a good ...”This property was located in a good out of the way place; it was quiet and private. It is also not very far from Kilkenny city, and anything you might need. Glory Cottage was very spacious and accommodating for five people. This property is a good place if you plan on doing a bunch of day trips. The surroundings of the property are pretty and a great place to relax.
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Kells 0.75 miles Enjoying a beautiful riverside position and just a short walk from the village of Kells, County Kilkenny is this stylish, eco-friendly cottage.
The perfect getaway for a couple or a small family, this Kells cottage offers two comfortable bedrooms, including a family room which is ideal for younger visitors, and a sociable open plan kitchen and living area, complete with a cosy woodburning stove for those chillier evenings.
Undoubtedly the highlight of this Kells cottage is the beautiful, raised decked area to the rear overlooking the Kings River.
Relax here with a good book or the morning paper as the soothing sounds of the flowing water eases your cares, or cast in a line and see what bites before cooking the catch of the day on the barbecue.
While this is a wonderfully peaceful spot to get away from it all, Kells village is just a ten minute walk away, and the wonderful city of Kilkenny is just 8 miles north.
Take a day trip to Dublin, Waterford or to the many beaches on the Waterford and Wexford coast, which are within an hour's drive, or stay closer to home by visiting the 12th century priory in Kells village.
With Jerpoint Abbey just a short drive and the renowned golf course at Mount Juliet even closer, this Kells cottage is a fantastic getaway in an undiscovered part of the Emerald Isle.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x family room with triple bunks (double below, single above) and small ladder to mezzanine with chair. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove. Utility.
- Oil underfloor heating with solar panels and woodburning stove in sitting area
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and fuel for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Folding cot/bed and highchair available on request
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Rear deck with river views, furniture and BBQ
- Front grassed area
- Fruit from orchard when in season
- Daily fishing licence available to purchase in Kells village
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 12 mins walk
- Note: An open canoe with equipment and a bicycle can be hired at an additional cost by arrangement with the owner
- Note: The land around the river can occasionally be prone to flooding and care should be taken at those times
- This does not affect the property itself or access to the property.
About the location
KELLS, COUNTY KILKENNY
Kilkenny 8 miles.
A medieval walled village situated on the King's River, Kells is perhaps best known for its 12th century Augustinian Priory which dominates the local landscape and is one of the largest and most impressive medieval monuments in Ireland. The village itself occupies a picturesque, rural location some 8 miles south of the vibrant city of Kilkenny, and is an excellent spot for fishing, canoeing or simply exploring the countryside on foot. History buffs can visit Jerpoint Abbey, the high crosses at Ahenny or one of Ireland’s oldest megalithic tombs at Knockroe.