- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
This charming traditional single-storey stone cottage sits in a rural location in the townland of Askill in County Leitrim, on the border with County Donegal and close to the Northern Ireland border too.
This welcoming Askill cottage is ideal for couples, and with both an open fire and solid fuel stove, is warm and cosy throughout the year.
Furnished in a traditional cottage style, this cottage in Askill has a double bedroom, shower room, kitchen with open fire and sitting room with solid fuel stove.
Outside this Askill cottage is an enclosed lawned garden with small stream running alongside.
This Askill cottage enjoys a wonderful setting on the north side of Lough Melvin, plus there is a cycling and driving route signposted around the Lough.
This area is famed for its trout and salmon fishing, and also for its wonderful panoramic views.
Explore Kinlough, head into Donegal to visit the beaches at Rossnowlagh and Bundoran, or the market town of Ballyshannon.
Alternatively you can cross into Northern Ireland to spend time in Belleek or Garrison.
Sligo, Donegal Town, Letterkenny and Enniskillen are also an easy day trip.
Then, return to your Askill cottage and relax.
All ground floor. One double bedroom with coal-effect electric heater. Shower room with shower only. Separate basin and WC. Kitchen with open fire. Utility. Sitting room with dining area and solid fuel stove.
- Electric storage heaters with electric heater, open fire and solid fuel stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, TV with Saorview, DVD, selection books and DVDs
- Electricity and starter pack for fire and stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Enclosed front lawned garden with small woodland, stream, furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 miles
- Lough Melvin 10 mins walk
- Note: There is a fenced stream in the garden, children to be supervised at all times
- Note: Max 2 guests including infants.
About the location
ASKILL, COUNTY LEITRIM
Ballyshannon 4 miles; Bundoran 6 miles; Donegal Town 18 miles; Enniskillen 27 miles; Sligo 27 miles.
Askill is a townland in County Leitrim, close to the border with County Donegal and also the border to Northern Ireland. Askill is on the banks of Lough Melvin, which offers wonderful fishing for salmon and trout species. Askill is well placed for the beaches at Bundoran or Rossnowlagh in County Donegal, or for heading to the towns of Belleek, Garrison or Kinlough. Sligo, Donegal Town and Enniskillen are also within easy driving distance. An excellent base for relaxation or touring this lovely area.
Note: Max 2 guests including infants.