- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Washing machine
This lovely detached 300-year old cottage is set in a rural location, across the road from a working livestock farm in the hamlet of Courtmatrix, near the village of Adare in County Limerick. Combining traditional features, but with a modern feel, guests enter through the unique half front door and into this cosy Courtmatrix cottage to start their holiday discovering Ireland. An ideal touring base, this County Limerick cottage has some picturesque views over fields and hills, and three cosy bedrooms where guests can relax after a busy day exploring the area, and dream of the adventures still to come. With a choice of two sitting rooms, one with a warming solid fuel stove, you can really enjoy unwinding after fun-filled days out. French doors in the second sitting room lead guests outside where there is an enclosed garden; the perfect spot for enjoying tasty meals prepared in the lovely kitchen which comes complete with a Belfast sink and feature range cooker. A trip to the nearby village of Adare means that guests can play a round of golf, wander around the shops or stop off for a drink in the pub to pause and take in the Irish culture that you've already discovered on your trip, plus further afield is the popular city of Limerick. However you choose to spend your days, you'll love returning to this delightful Courtmatrix cottage.
Three double bedrooms. Bathroom with freestanding bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with dining area and solid fuel stove. Second sitting room (seats 4).
Oil central heating with solid fuel stove. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine in cloakroom, dishwasher, TV with Sky, DVD. Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 2 cars. Enclosed lawned garden with furniture and BBQ. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 3 miles. Note: Owner lives in the property next door.
Note: Until 3rd of March 2016, this property accepts two well-behaved dogs. Please note that due to the property having a working farm across the road, all pets to be kept on a lead or supervised at all times. From 3rd of March 2016, this property will be pet-free.
- Last minute
- “This was fabulous! The wonderfully restored cottage was beautiful inside and out and our host was very helpful and charming. We will come back and recommend to others!”
- “This is a really lovely Cottage with a long history. The owner is very friendly and good at giving advice. We enjoyed our stay there and would highly recommend it. Merci!”
- “We had a wonderful time on our holiday in Ireland. The cottage was lovely and our hosts were wonderful! They made us feel at home and we even had a lovely BBQ with their family and even a distant cousin visiting from Canada! The cottage was located in a central location which allowed us to visit lots of different places, all within about an hour and a half away. Thank you so much to the owners for making our stay so very memorable.”
- “We spent one week in this beautiful, historical and spacious cottage – the pictures on the website really don’t do it justice. The location was great also – easy access for day trips to Limerick, the Dingle Peninsular, the Burren etc. The cottage itself is full of charm and character.”
- “Totally enjoyed staying in a cottage, especially one with some history. The pictures on the website were exactly what you got, no surprises and the owner was very knowledgeable and helpful.”
- “The cottage was charming and the hosts friendly. The location was excellent for visiting a variety of sites.”
- “The cottage was beautifully cosy and warm and the beds were exceedingly comfortable.”
About the location
COURTMATRIX, COUNTY LIMERICK
Adare 10 miles; Limerick 22 miles.
Courtmatrix is a tiny hamlet situated in west County Limerick in Ireland. It is an ideal touring base and has many shops and pubs to visit, a museum and a community college. The picturesque village of Adare is close to the hamlet and was once named as Ireland’s prettiest villages so it is well worth a visit. Also near to Courtmatrix is the popular city of Limerick, which is the perfect spot for a shopping trip with high street deals and designer labels just waiting to be discovered. Visitors to the city can take a trip back in time to the medieval King John's Castle, visit the many art galleries or venues offering music, drama, dance and comedy and for those looking for a quieter way to spend their holiday, why not enjoy a peaceful walk whilst taking in the stunning scenery in and around the area. Courtmatrix is an ideal base for your holiday to Ireland.