- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Knocklong 2 miles.
A delightful, thatched cottage that dates back over 400 years and is situated amongst serene countryside, close to the village of Knocklong, County Limerick.
With two cosy double bedrooms, one with an en-suite shower room, this unique Knocklong cottage features all the authentic aspects of a traditional Irish cottage, such as exposed beams and thick walls, yet complements them with modern features, including underfloor heating, contemporary furnishings and an atmospheric woodburner.
All this combines to create a living space that will delight and enchant customers.
Set on over twenty acres of working farmland with horses, cattle, calves and a very friendly cat, this Knocklong cottage benefits from a spacious courtyard and garden area, where you can relax in perfect tranquillity.
Such is the peaceful nature of the surroundings and the character of this Knocklong cottage, it is a perfect choice for couples or maybe artists or writers who won't fail to be inspired.
This Knocklong cottage also has WiFi which means keeping in touch, when required, is not a problem.
The area surrounding this Knocklong property is awash with quaint hamlets and villages with pubs and shops where you will experience Irish culture at its authentic best.
The town of Tipperary is just a short drive away, as is the famous Rock of Cashel.
Walkers and cyclists will love the scenic routes through the Galtee and Ballyhoura mountains.
The towns of Killarney and Limerick are within easy reach and you could be sipping a coffee in cosmopolitan Cork in just over an hour.
A fantastic property in a superb location for a varied and memorable Irish break.
Mostly ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room (seats 3) with woodburner. External utility.
- Oil underfloor central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine occasionally shared with owner in external utility, TV with basic Sky, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Ample off road parking
- Courtyard garden to front
- Lawn and patio garden to rear with furniture and BBQ area
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 10 mins walk
- Note: Internal steps are steep and narrow and may not be suitable for the elderly or those with limited mobility
- Note: This property is surrounded by farmland so your pet must be kept under strict control at all times when outside
- Note: Stabling and paddock available by prior arrangement with owner
- Note: Property is only suitable for babes-in-arms and children aged 5 and over only
- Note: Max
- 4 adults, including babes-in-arms.
About the location
KNOCKLONG, COUNTY LIMERICK
Kilmallock 8 miles; Tipperary 12 miles; Limerick 22 miles.
The friendly village of Knocklong is located in the south east of County Limerick, close to the Limerick/Tipperary border, in the midlands of Ireland. The railway station is famed for the rescue of Sean Hogan, which was one of the first events of the War of Independence in 1919. The village also holds the ruins of a 16th century castle and O’Turley Tower on Knocklong Hill. Located on the main Limerick-Mitchelstown-Cork road, Knocklong makes a great touring base with plenty to see and do within easy reach. The walking trails and historical sites around the beautiful Lough Gur is a must do in the area for outdoor enthusiasts, and Mitchelstown Caves, Cahir Castle and the Rock of Cashel are also within easy driving distance and worth a visit.
Note: Property is only suitable for babes-in-arms and children aged 5 and over only.
This property offers the following short breaks: