- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Ballymahon 1.5 miles A beautifully-presented, detached stone cottage located in the rural townland of Toome, just 1.5 miles from the quaint village of Ballymahon, County Longford.
Furnished with charm and style, this Ballymahon cottage is rich in character features, boasting sash windows with blackout blinds, exposed beams and brickwork throughout, as well as a wonderful claw-legged bath.
The open plan kitchen, dining and sitting area is perfect for socialising; the kitchen/dining area is adorned with a warming woodburning stove housed in a grand feature fireplace, although a separate second sitting room incorporating an open fire, antique furniture and a selection of books serves as an ideal reading room, or simply as a quieter area to relax and reflect on your Irish adventure thus far.
Just off the kitchen, a delightful sun room enjoys enchanting far-reaching rural views, thanks to this Ballymahon cottage's raised position, and overlooks the expansive rear, lawned garden where a glass of wine can be savoured while sheltered under the leafy canopy of the trees.
The village of Ballymahon acts as a gateway to this beautiful, but undiscovered region of Ireland's midlands with its lively towns, quaint villages, renowned angling destinations and wonderful scenic views.
Just three miles away from this Ballymahon cottage is the village of Abbeyshrule, which has won Ireland's Tidy Town contest, and there are 8 golf courses within easy driving distance.
The perfect touring base to explore the lakelands and beyond, this unique Ballymahon cottage is sure to please.
Three bedrooms: 2 x double (one with en-suite shower, basin and WC), 1 x twin. Bathroom with claw-footed bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area and woodburning stove. Sitting room. Second sitting room with open fire. Sun room (seats 3).
- Woodburning stove with gas central heating, open fire and portable gas burner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, selection of books and games
- Gas & electric included Apr - Sept inclusive, €30 supplement payable directly to owner Oct - March inclusive
- Starter pack for woodburning stove and open fire available all year round
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 6 cars
- Large lawned garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 1.5 miles
- Note: An electric fence is used on farmland at the bottom of the garden, care should be taken at all times
- Note: Central heating is not available 24 hours a day, please speak to owner directly for more information.
About the location
BALLYMAHON, COUNTY LONGFORD
Clonbrusk 13 miles.
Situated on the River Inny and located in Ireland’s geographical centre, Ballymahon is a pretty village in the beautiful midland county of Longford. The town boasts a number of amenities, including a selection of shops and other services, as well as a number of pubs, many offering meals. The village’s outdoor adventure centre provides a great opportunity for adults or children alike to sample water and other adventure sports, while the surrounding lakes and rivers are ideal for fishing. Due to its central location and motorway links, Ballymahon is easily reachable from Galway, Dublin or Northern Ireland.