- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Tobercurry 4 miles. A spacious detached cottage in Banada, a former inn dating from 1806, offering comfy family accommodation in this small village in County Sligo, four miles from Tobercurry.
There are three bedrooms in this Tobercurry cottage, two with en-suite facilities.
The living accommodation includes a well-equipped kitchen with dining area, and a sitting room with wood flooring.
There is a second sitting room in this Tobercurry cottage, an ideal 'chill-out room' with CD player and wood flooring.
The original staircase and banister can still be found in the property.
Outside, relax in the enclosed garden of this cottage near Tobercurry.
From here it is easy to explore Sligo and Mayo, with golf, angling, shooting, beaches, historical sites and walking trails all easily enjoyed from your Tobercurry cottage, or you can stay closer to home and fish for salmon on the River Moy, just next to your Tobercurry cottage.
Whatever the season, you are sure to enjoy your time at this welcoming cottage near Tobercurry.
Three bedrooms: 2 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x bunks. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC (wheelchair accessible). Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room (seats 5). Second sitting room (seats 5).
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV, DVD, stereo/CD, books/DVDs/games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Enclosed south-facing garden to rear and side
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and traditional pub 1 mile
- Note: Cottage is located just off the N17.
- Last minute
- “All you would ever need.”
- “My family and I have been travelling to Sligo my whole life (my mum is from this Parish). Of late we need our own accommodation as our family has been extending and extending. This is the 3rd year running that we have booked Banada House. The facilities are great. Upstairs: two double bedrooms, each with a shower ensuite; a bunk-bed twin room; a seperate shower bathroom. Downtairs: two living rooms (1 with TV, one with books/toys/games); a kitchen-diner (all fully equipped); a laundry area with washing machine, tumbledryer, iron and board. Outside: carparking for 2/3 cars (depending on the drivers capabilities, mine's mediocre), enclosed garden to rear. Just across the road there is a health centre, that doesn't get too much traffic, but has additional parking if required. Also beautiful gardens open to the public, with a river bank walkway, handball alley, gazebo. 1 mile away is the village shop/pub/petrol pumps, so all the essentials are close at hand. Even though we have family close by, I'd recommend this accommodation due to it's central location. We usually visit Westport, Sligo town, Ballina, Lough Talt, Lough Easkey, Enniscrone, Castlebar when we book in. All these places offer plenty to do especially for the rapidly changing seasons in Ireland. About 2 miles away, a new playpark has been built that has pristine equipment for all age ranges. There is never a crowd, and the kids think that they are in Disneyland (easily pleased) without the queues. All in all, a good value experience for young families.”
- “My wife, I and our three children are used to visiting parts of Ireland and Banada was undoubtedly the best venue we have been too. The owner was very friendly and was at hand if we needed to know anything. Locals were fantastic, we were able to join in a community activity across the road in the Peace Park. Banada Riding stables were excellent and Tubbercurry was a nice town. Loved it from start to finish. Friendly warm welcome. We will be back!”
About the location
TOBERCURRY, COUNTY SLIGO
Ballina 20 miles; Sligo 22 miles.
Tobercurry in County Sligo is a beautiful town nestled at the foot of the Ox Mountains, and is home to numerous shops, pubs and its famous annual Drama Festival. The town is located close to the River Moy, a river famous for salmon fishing, and with the Ox and Nephin Beg Mountains close by and Benbulben Mountain just north of Sligo town, there are lots of great walking opportunities to enjoy from Tobercurry. Mayo’s largest town, Ballina, is just a short drive from Tobercurry, and lies just over the border in County Mayo. It is home to the ecclesiastical ruins of the impressive Moyne Abbey, as well as a 4000 year old Dolmen, a single-chamber megalithic tomb. The county town of Sligo is a little further in the other direction and offers an interesting day out with historic monuments and pretty buildings to enjoy. With exceptional walking and fishing available, and lots of places to visit within easy touring distance, Tobercurry is a great location all year round.