- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Located at the foot of Slievemore mountain on the ruggedly scenic Achill Island, is this quality detached holiday home. Enjoying a fantastic raised position taking in stunning panoramic views of Keel Bay and the surrounding countryside, this Achill Island cottage is a wonderful base from which to explore Ireland's largest, and arguably most naturally beautiful, island. Situated in a small development of holiday properties, the beach and village of Dugort are within walking distance of this County Mayo cottage, while Keel, Achill's main town with a good selection of pubs and amenities, is just a short drive. The modern kitchen and dining area at this Achill Island cottage leads onto a bright sitting room which enjoys ocean views as well as a warming open fire for chillier evenings. Three comfortable bedrooms, one en-suite double, one double and one room with bunk beds, offer ideal sleeping accommodation for families, friends or couples. While the island has many activities to offer, from surfing to hiking, golfing to climbing, visitors to this Achill Island cottage should head back across the bridge to the mainland to spend an evening in the lively town of Westport, famed for its traditional music and warm hospitality. For a getaway with a difference in one of Ireland's most unspoilt locations, look no further than this Achill Island cottage.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double, 1 x adult bunks. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with open fire.
- Storage heaters with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, selection of books
- Electricity and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Grassed areas to side and rear with rear patio and furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 3.5 miles.
- Last minute
- “A lovely little cottage with plenty of room inside, the kitchen dining area was nice and big. From the cottage you can see all three peaks; Slievemore (right behind the cottages) the Minaun and Croaghaun, for me this was a fantastic location.”
- “Slievemore Cottage is in a beautiful location and is cosy and comfortable. Open fire is brilliant. Scenery and quiet is just lovely.”
- “The cottage is in a great location and we had brilliant weather for the whole week”
- “Fantastic scenery and beaches.”
About the location
ACHILL ISLAND, COUNTY MAYO
Westport 33 miles.
At 57 square miles, Achill is the largest island of Ireland, and lies off the west coast, in County Mayo. The island is linked to the mainland by the Michael Davitt Bridge, making it easily accessible. Boasting five Blue Flag beaches, Achill has some of the most beautiful, secluded, remote beaches in Ireland, but watersports are always easy to find. Try surfing, windsurfing, canoeing or kayaking on one of the beautiful beaches, enjoy a horse ride along the coast, or simply take a stroll through the sand. With its beautiful mountainous landscape, Achill Island provides great walking, and the Atlantic Drive, 40km of coastal scenery, is perfect for cars and bicycles alike. Visit the Deserted Village at Slievemore, or the Tower at Kildavnet and discover some of Achill Island's history, or just over 30 miles away lies the town of Westport, on the mainland, ideal for a day out. A lovely island, with endless possibilities.