- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Broadband / WiFi
Balla 2.5 miles. Situated next to the owner's home near to the village of Balla in County Mayo is this open plan, barn conversion studio cottage. With a double bed that can be twin beds on request, exposed beams and a vaulted ceiling, country-style kitchen and a sitting area, this Balla cottage is ideal for a romantic getaway. To the outside of this Balla cottage is a secluded patio with a hot tub within a beautifully landscaped garden where you can relax with a glass of wine, whilst watching the sun set over the distant Croagh Patrick mountain. The owner, who lives next door to this Balla cottage, is an established artist and his artwork adorns the cottage walls, plus he is willing to allow the use of his studio to any budding artists, by prior arrangement. Balla village is less than 3 miles away and has a number of pubs, supermarkets and restaurants. Within a short drive of this Balla cottage you will find the stunning Connemara National Park, the superb beaches of Clew Bay and day trips to the islands. The bustling towns of Claremorris, Castlebar and Westport are within 30 minutes' drive, and Galway is just a little further away. For the golfing enthusiast there are numerous excellent courses close by such as those in Balla, Claremorris, Castlebar and Westport, whilst fishing is available at nearby Foxford. There is so much to do here you will want to come back to this Balla cottage time and again.
All ground floor. Studio accommodation with one double bed (can be twin on request), kitchen with breakfast bar, dining area and sitting area with patio doors to terrace and hot tub. Bathroom with bath with shower over, basin and WC.
- Oil central heating
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, TV, DVD, radio/cassette, broadband
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Hot tub with bath robes
- Ample off road parking
- Bike storage
- Vegetable and herb garden, patio, furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops, pubs and restaurants 2 miles
- Note: Launderette facilities available in nearby Claremorris.
- “A perfect home from home experience with people who genuinely care and are prepared to go that extra”
- “This beautiful cottage is situated near plenty of places to visit or should you just want to relax in the lovely garden you have the privacy to do so. The owners are friendly and welcoming and went the extra distance to make you feel so much at home. Ideal for a couple who want to get away from it all, relax and enjoy peace and quiet and a lovely hot tub. This is a holiday we will be repeating time and time again.”
- “Quiet and relaxing area”
- “Very warm and friendly welcome. The cottage was comfortable and well equipped, Information from Maureen was very helpful, The area was ideal for visiting the west coast so many places to see we wished we could have stayed longer.For us the where no negatives.”
- “Lovely Ireland”
- “Lovely out of the way place. A good base to travel around county mayo. A warm welcome and comfortable place. The hot tub is a lovely feature as is the resident pony who I loved feeding each day”
- “The accommodation was lovely and affordable.”
- “The studio was perfect for two people and the location was ideal. The addition of a hot tub added a little luxury and the owners were most friendly and helpful.”
- “The owners live on site and are very helpful, friendly and accommodating. The hot tub is excellent and the property very well equipped. Easy to find with the given directions. We would definitely recommend staying here.”
- “Our hosts were very friendly & hospitable throughout our stay & were very informative about the area & its attractions. Their welcome made our break very enjoyable. This, together with the use of the hot tub & feeding the pony made this holiday one of the best we have had, definitely A1.”
- “The hospitality from the owners was outstanding and the hot tub was amazing.”
- “The atmosphere and environment was extremely different to our home and work life and as such, we enjoyed one of the most relaxing weeks of our life. The scenery was amazing and it was always nice to relax in the hot tub of an evening. The Studio was ideally located for the trips out we had planned; West Port, Galway etc. The holiday was as adventurous or relaxing as we wanted it to be. The owners were very friendly and helpful and have succeeded in providing a private and relaxing environment for a holiday. I would visit again and recommend to my family and friends. Thank you!”
- “We had a fantastic break for a week at this very well appointed property ...and slept very well in the comfortable bed ! This little treasure has absolutely everything you need to make your break fantastic with superb views and sunsets from the outside patio area. Many a great night in the hot tub and barbeque area. The location is second to none and the hospitality of the owners was fantastic. All in all a fantastic break in this lovely gem of a studio, if we are back in this area this will be where we are heading! All in all a fabulous experience!”
- “Good central location for visiting the area, hot tub a real bonus. The internet connection was invaluable. The location is quiet and local walks enjoyable, excellent location to visit Westport and Galway from. The information provided was accurate, therefore no surprises.”
About the location
BALLA, COUNTY MAYO
Claremorris 9 miles; Castlebar 9 miles; Westport 19 miles.
Balla is a small village in the centre of County Mayo between Castlebar and Claremorris, which makes it a superb location for visiting this region of Ireland. The village has a number of local pubs which offer a variety of entertainment including Irish music and Ceilis. Nearby Claremorris offers a range of shops, pubs, restaurants and family activities, while just an hour's away, the vibrant and lively city of Galway offers lots for guests to see and do. Connemara National Park is located in Galway and is home to wonderful species of wildlife, including the famous Connemara Pony, while Lough Mask and Lough Corrib are great for fishing.