- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Knock 2.5 miles. This picturesque detached cottage is surrounded by serene countryside close to the village of Knock in County Mayo. Situated on a quiet country lane and boasting views of Croagh Patrick, this Knock cottage dates back to the 19th century and provides characterful, yet modern accommodation, which is an ideal choice for a small family or a couple. Set on 11 acres of land, this Knock cottage has a cosy sitting room dominated by a beautiful mantelpiece and complete with multi-fuel stove, which provides comfort on chillier evenings and the kitchen also benefits from a warming Rayburn. Ideal for a relaxing break, guests at this Knock cottage can wander the owner's expansive land and children can play in safety in the attached orchard. Just a short distance away is the village of Knock, which is famous for the world renowned shrine and sees over one million visitors each year. The village has a selection of shops and pubs to enjoy and a friendly welcome is always guaranteed! The area is renowned for superb fishing with the River Moy a particular favourite with anglers, and wildlife lovers and walkers will enjoy the various routes and trails through the unspoilt landscapes with far reaching views at every turn. Take a trip to the Foxford Woollen Mills, approx. 15 miles away, and make sure you visit the towns of Claremorris, Castlebar and Westport for a lively atmosphere and a wide range of amenities for all the family. Climb Croagh Patrick, Ireland's most famous mountain or take a boat trip around Clew Bay before returning to your peaceful Knock cottage for rest and relaxation. A wonderful choice for your next Irish break.
All ground floor. Two double bedrooms. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. External utility. Sitting room with multi-fuel stove.
- Oil central heating in bedrooms, bathroom and sitting room with Rayburn and electric radiator in kitchen and multi-fuel stove
- Electric oven and hob, Rayburn, microwave, fridge (no ice box), washing machine in utility, TV with Free-to-air channels, DVD, radio, selection of books
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Courtyard garden
- Shared use of 11 acres of grounds
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 2.5 miles
- Note: The multi-fuel stove can be used to heat the water, and is also linked to the central heating system
- Note: Goats are kept in one part of the shared grounds.
- Last minute
- “A lovely Victorian cottage with great views of Mayo countryside.”
- “This is a typical old Irish cottage which was exactly what we wanted, the outlook from the kitchen window is great, enabling us to watch the birds. Feeding the horse and goats was very entertaining.”
- “A traditional Irish cottage is what we booked and a traditional Irish cottage is exactly what we got. If you need a break from the stresses of everyday life, peace and quiet or quality time together with family you cannot beat this property. Housekeeper had the kitchen range lit , the living room wood burner lit and enough turf in the basket to burn for a week. She was there to greet us and to see us off and was perfect in her role. She was about the fields beside us tending to her goats every morning - always available but never in the way - don't miss out on the chance to feed your scraps to the goats either. All in all this is a diamond of a place - you will not be disappointed!”
About the location
KNOCK, COUNTY MAYO
Claremorris 7 miles; Knock Airport 13 miles.
The quaint village of Knock is home to one of Europe’s most famous religious landmarks. The impressive Knock Shrine was apparently the location of an apparition in 1879. The site has such importance that John Paul II visited Knock Shrine himself to commemorate the centenary of the vision. The village now attracts over one million visitors a year and is just a short distance from Knock Airport. The area is surrounded by beautiful stretching countryside and is a haven for wildlife enthusiasts, walkers and fishermen. There are many towns nearby including Castlebar and Westport with many events and festivals throughout the year.