- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Washing machine
Newport 2.5 miles.
A cosy detached cottage boasting spectacular views, situated close to the town of Newport, County Mayo.
This single-storey Newport cottage sits on a quiet country lane and overlooks the beautiful Clew Bay with the imposing peak of Croagh Patrick in the distance.
This former farmhouse has been lovingly renovated and provides homely accommodation, which is perfect for couples or a small family.
The snug sitting room is complemented by a lovely solid fuel stove that creates a warm and relaxing atmosphere, you won't fail to relax and unwind in this Newport cottage!
On fine days, retire to the quaint garden and admire the far-reaching views with a glass of your favourite tipple.
This County Mayo cottage is just a short drive away from the lively town of Newport, which features various shops and pubs where a warm welcome is guaranteed and you might even experience some traditional Irish music.
This cottage near Newport is also close to the famous Great Western Greenway cycle route, which is a 26 mile route that winds through spectacular countryside from Westport to Achill Island, and it can be experienced on foot or from the saddle.
There are also many additional walking routes, including the Bangor Way and through the Nephin Mountain Range.
The stunning Achill Island is just a short distance away where you can drive the scenic Atlantic Way or partake in a spot of surfing or kayaking from one of the many unspoilt beaches in the area, plus the cosmopolitan town of Westport is also within easy reach.
A delightful Newport cottage in a truly wonderful location.
All ground floor. Two double bedrooms. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and solid fuel stove.
- Oil central heating with solid fuel stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with Saorview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Front lawned garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops, pubs and restaurants 2.5 miles
- Note: Although all ground floor, there are a couple of internal steps.
- Last minute
- “Beautiful Cottage with Lovely views”
- “An absolutely beautiful cottage set in a stunning location. A real home from home, Kathleen the owner was brilliant and could not do enough. Everything was provided for a great relaxing stay. Will definitely stay here again.”
- “Perfect cottage for our requirements and the owners made us feel very welcome.”
- “Ellie's cottage was one of the highlights of our year. It was so cosy and comfortable and perfectly situated. It has the most magnificent views of Clew Bay and Croagh Patrick to look at while eating your breakfast and a cosy, well-stocked fire in the evening to cuddle up to. We really loved Ellie's cottage and would highly recommend to others.”
- “We had a lovely holiday staying in Ellie's Cottage. The owner went out of her way to guide us to the Cottage rather than relying on directions and had left a very welcome gift of bread, cheese and wine for us. Everything was immaculate and ample for our needs, we would have no hesitation in recommending this Cottage.”
- “A lovely cosy cottage with stunning views. The owner goes out of her way to make you feel welcome. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.”
- “The situation of the cottage was ideal we had a brilliant time. The owner was very helpful and attentive. It was overall a great place to visit and we would recommend it to friends.”
- “Ireland is a great place to go particularly the west coast of Mayo and the Atlantic route that runs from County Clare to Donegal !! Fantastic !!”
- “Excellent location, near to walking and cycling routes. Fabulous view from the cottage. Warm and cosy cottage with log burner. Excellent assistance form the owner.”
- “We could not praise this property highly enough. The owner was lovely and even went out of her way to meet us in Newport village to show us the way to the cottage. The place is so lovely and clean and so well looked after, we will definitely be going back here. The views from the living room and bedrooms are breath-taking. Absolutely fantastic, a real home from home.”
About the location
NEWPORT, COUNTY MAYO
Westport 8 miles; Castlebar 13 miles.
The small, picturesque harbour village of Newport lies along the shores of Clew Bay in Mayo, just north of Westport. Clew Bay is famed for its sea angling and water activities for any level of experience. Flowing through the village is the Black Oak River providing excellent fishing opportunities and wonderful walkways along its grassy banks and the Beltra Lake is also regarded as one of the best fresh water fishing lakes in Europe. Newport holds an annual ‘Splash’ festival, a fun filled day of water themed activities for young and old. The village of Newport is home to a charming coffee shop, welcoming pubs and mouth watering eateries, all complemented by the 19th century viaduct on the main street. Walking routes are plentiful and these include the Burrishoole & Mulranny Loops. Further afield you can visit the Ceide Fields near Ballycastle, and the Museum of Country Life.