- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Tobercurry 4.8 miles.
This quaint, detached cottage sits in a rural location, overlooking attractive greenery in the townland of Banada near Tobercurry, County Sligo.
With a traditional décor complementing its character features, this welcoming ground floor cottage provides families and friends with comfortable holiday accommodation.
The rustic touches throughout help to create the country cottage charm, with quirky, uneven, whitewashed walls and ceiling beams adorning the dining room.
There are two homely and bright bedrooms, both offering a comfortable night’s sleep, whilst the kitchen is a warm and friendly place for sharing stories over breakfast.
Outside, this Tobercurry cottage benefits from large, lawned gardens; imagine settling here with a glass of wine at the close of the day to watch the sun sink beyond the horizon.
Resting at the foothills of the Ox Mountains, the town of Tobercurry can be found within a short drive of this Sligo cottage, with all the necessary amenities.
A farmers' market animates the centre each week, providing a taste of the hustle and bustle of the area, and a perfect place to pick up some locally-sourced delights.
Take a drive to the striking Sligo Town where the streets are bordered by colourful, tempting shops and hearty Irish inns promising live music.
There are plenty of different activities to choose from nearby, whether you fancy an afternoon angling on one of the many rivers or loughs, or an outing on the waves for a thrilling deep sea fishing experience.
A variety of waymarked walks and coastal paths can be discovered within easy reach of this cottage near Tobercurry, and Sligo’s stunning coastline contrasts from superb, sandy strands to cliffside banks, meaning everyone is well catered for.
A pleasant little cottage near Tobercurry, with plenty of authentic Sligo adventures nearby.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x family room with 1 double and 1 single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area (seats 4). External utility. Dining room (seats 4). Sitting room with open fire.
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine and tumble dryer in utility charged by €1 coin meter, dishwasher, TV with Saorview and English channels, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Ample off road parking
- Lawned garden with patio and furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 10 mins walk
- Last minute
- “Banada Cottage”
- “I was delighted with Banada Cottage. It was perfect for myself and met all my elderly fathers requirements. It was spotless and very comfortable. The open fire was cosy too. I can not think of anything that the cottage lacks. However, there is no Wi-Fi and limited television programme's (which would have been helpful for Dad).”
- “Quiet, peaceful, location with nice views would use again without hesitation very clean, great cottage.”
- “This is a lovely Irish cottage that has all modern conveniences. The owner was very pleasant and kindly had a fire lit for our arrival.”
About the location
TOBERCURRY, COUNTY SLIGO
Ballina 20 miles; Sligo 22 miles.
Tobercurry in County Sligo is a beautiful town nestled at the foot of the Ox Mountains, and is home to numerous shops, pubs and its famous annual Drama Festival. The town is located close to the River Moy, a river famous for salmon fishing, and with the Ox and Nephin Beg Mountains close by and Benbulben Mountain just north of Sligo town, there are lots of great walking opportunities to enjoy from Tobercurry. Mayo’s largest town, Ballina, is just a short drive from Tobercurry, and lies just over the border in County Mayo. It is home to the ecclesiastical ruins of the impressive Moyne Abbey, as well as a 4000 year old Dolmen, a single-chamber megalithic tomb. The county town of Sligo is a little further in the other direction and offers an interesting day out with historic monuments and pretty buildings to enjoy. With exceptional walking and fishing available, and lots of places to visit within easy touring distance, Tobercurry is a great location all year round.