- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
A superb, semi-detached cottage situated beside the owners’ own home in the centre of Monasteraden, a quiet village on the shores of Lough Gara.
This unique Monasteraden cottage provides spacious accommodation, perfect for groups of friends or families looking to spend time together and explore County Sligo.
Set over three floors, this wonderful Monasteraden cottage features six ground floor bedrooms, all boasting en-suite facilities.
Enjoy lazy TV mornings in bed, with each bedroom housing a television with Saorview.
Upstairs, on the first floor of this Monasteraden cottage, whip up a tasty meal in the well-equipped kitchen, and sit down to eat together in the large dining room.
Retire to the spacious sitting room on the second floor, a brilliant spot to unwind in after a day spent exploring the delights of County Sligo.
In one half of the room, play games on the Wii, or choose a film from the vast DVD library, or Netflix, all offered at this Monasteraden cottage.
For a fun-filled night of entertainment, set up an air-hockey or foosball tournament for all the family in second half of the sitting room, sure to delight children and adults of all ages!
To the rear of this Monasteraden cottage is a picturesque, lawned garden complete with a patio and a pond; sit out and soak up the sunshine on fine summer days with a glass of wine and a good book.
The village of Monasteraden sits on the shores of Lough Gara with a shop and friendly pub regularly showcasing live traditional music.
Enjoy free fishing, boat trips and wonderful walks through the surrounding countryside, with further outdoor pursuits such as clay pigeon shooting, archery and horse riding readily available.
The town of Ballaghaderreen, with its variety of shops, pubs, and a 9-hole parkland golf course, is just a short drive away from this Monasteraden property.
Visit Knock Shrine, enjoy family fun at the Lough Key Forest and Activity Park, or take a cruise up the river at Carrick-on-Shannon, while a trip over the border into County Mayo to Westport is a must!
With so much to see and do in County Sligo, this fabulous Monasteraden cottage is a fantastic base for a memorable Irish break, all year round!
Set over three floors. Six ground floor bedrooms with TV: 2 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 4 x twin with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. First floor kitchen. First floor dining room (seats 12). Second floor sitting room (seats 12) with single sofa bed. Shared external utility.
- Underfloor heating throughout
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer in external shared utility, dishwasher, 7 x TVs with Saorview (one with Netflix), DVD, CD/radio, Wii with games, WiFi, selection of books, games, CDs and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Ample off road parking
- Lawned garden with patio and furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 min walk
- Note: Single sofa bed suitable children under 12 only.
- “From the outset the whole experience was very enjoyable; dealing with Sykes Cottages was easy and they gave regular updates to us. The owner met us on site and after that left us to it with no interference; he was very pleasant and runs a great house. The facilities in the house were more than expected; catering was easy with the utensils available and the games room was a good feature. The rooms were clean, tidy and very presentable as were the bathing facilities. I cannot fault this whole experience from start to finish. Well done Sykes Cottages for finding us such a lovely house to share and thank you also to the owners.”
- “The Lodge is fabulous, we were very impressed. The area is quite remote however the pub and general stores are literally a stones throw away. The owner is extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful. There are some incredible places to visit within a reasonably short drive from the Lodge, we especially loved Eagles Flying. Overall we had a great time! Thanks!”
About the location
MONASTERADEN , COUNTY SLIGO
Ballaghaderreen 5 miles; Boyle 10 miles; Knock Airport 19 miles; Carrick-on-Shannon 20 miles.
The sleepy village of Monasteraden lies on the shores of Lough Gara, home to a shop and popular local pub, while the expansive Lough Gara offers many activities on its shores including walking, fishing and horse riding! Nearby, the lively town of Carrick-on-Shannon is situated alongside Ireland’s longest river, boasting a superb hub of shops, bars and restaurants. Enjoy a day of fun at the Lough Key Forest and Activity Park, as well as a trip to the beaches of Sligo for the chance to try out a range of water sports and gaze upon spectacular sunsets! Monasteraden is also close to Knock Airport, offering many flights to and from the UK and beyond, making this lovely hamlet a wonderful base for exploring the west of the Emerald Isle, all year round.