- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Cahir 5 miles. Nestling beside a mountain stream in a rural location, just five miles from the town of Cahir, this detached ground floor cottage is ideal for couples seeking a romantic retreat or walkers who have direct access to the Galtee Mountains. Virginia Creeper covers the whitewashed walls, giving the cottage charm and character. With two bedrooms, both with antique furniture and one with a romantic wooden divan bed, Evergreen Cottage provides great accommodation for a couple or young family, who will enjoy feeding the ducks in the stream or maybe the hens at the owner's farm nearby. The rooms are warmly presented, offering a snug sitting room with an open fire and a pleasant kitchen and dining area, offering views out to the fields. Outside is a small garden, which provides a pleasant spot to sit and relax after a day's walking. Nearby Cahir has excellent facilities with shops, pubs, restaurants and the impressive ruins of Cahir Castle overlooking the River Suir. The Galtee Mountains, Ireland's highest inland mountain range, are close byplus the towns of Cork, Waterford and Limerick are within an hour's drive. A lovely Cahir cottage for a holiday all year round. Note: This cottage can be booked with Ref. 10500 and together they accommodate 6 people (max. 5 adults).
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin (suitable for 1 adult or 2 children). Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with open fire.
Electric storage heaters with open fire. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, selection of books. Fuel and power charged by meter reading. Coal for open fire inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair available. Off road parking for 2 cars. Lawned garden with furniture. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 4 miles, pub 1 mile. Note: This cottage is suitable for a maximum of 3 adults. Note: There is a shallow stream beside the cottage, children to be supervised at all times.
- “I recently stayed at Evergreen Cottage with my mum and son and I want to share my experience. On arriving at our destination we were met by the owners Bridget and Billy Bourke who were very friendly and instantly put you at ease. Driving up the narrow country lane to the Cottage you have a delightful stream and clusters of wild flowers, mainly daffodils and coming from Wales this was a pleasant surprise. The Cottage has a very homely feel about it and we benefitted from the NEW fully equipped modern fitted kitchen, and bathroom. The kitchen table is situated next to a large window where the sun stream in first thing in the morning. I enjoyed many early morning cuppa watching the wildlife in the field. Both bedrooms are very comfortable with lovely antique furniture. The sitting room has the added feature of a coal fire that can be used should you need, but the Cottage was always very cosy. Behind the Cottage is a forest walk and we enjoyed a ramble around and came across the waterfall that runs down into the stream. It was beautiful. Bridget, Billy and their son James were always happy to stop for a chat should you want. They advised us of some of the surrounding attractions that were worth a visit, we did and they weren't wrong. I am looking forward to my next visit.”
- “Ireland's beauty culminates with Evergreen cottage and it's adorable hosts”
- “The best part of Evergreen cottage are its hosts. We feel in love with Ireland beginning with Bridget and Billy Bourke and their son James who runs the farm bordering the cottage. Despite arriving slightly ahead of schedule, we received a lovely warm reception. The Bourkes were gracious, friendly and helpful. They always had a free moment to chat to ask about our day which made us feel so welcome. The cottage itself is very comfortable and extremely quiet and private. The kitchen is well-equipped and although the cottage is not new, the facilities are more than adequate. We enjoyed the hiking trails immediately behind the cottage with forest walks to the top of the Galty mountains right on your doorstep. We thoroughly enjoyed our two week stay. Evergreen cottage represented good value for our money with the privacy, peace and natural setting we were looking for. You will need a car to stay here but stores and the local town are convenient. Evergreen cottage is an ideal location from which to explore Ireland. It is centrally located with most popular destinations within an hour's drive. The best part is then coming back to this comfortable and peaceful cottage to rest up for the next day's explorations. Thank you to our hosts for making us feel so welcome. Ps- James has an adorable dog named Galty who we grew very fond of. He has to be on a leash because he has a dangerous habit of chasing things. Galty asked me to request that future guests bring him dog biscuits, he would appreciate that very much.”
- “A really delightful place to stay.”
- “We had a great welcome and everything was fully explained to us on our arrival. The cottage was comfortable quiet and peaceful, you could only hear the birds singing. It was in a good location not far from Cahir which had all the amenities needed. We were able to explore the beautiful countryside in Tipperary and down to the Ring of Kerry. There was nothing to dislike about the Cottage itself or the location.”
- “We liked the welcome from the owner and the friendliness during our stay. Everything was perfect.”
- “The location of Evergreen cottage was in a lovely setting with lots of attractions to go and see. We hope to go back later in the year.”
- “Had a very warm welcome from the owners. The drive up to the cottage with the stream along onside and the bank of daffodils, being from Wales this was a lovely surprise. I stayed in this Cottage 16 years ago and noticed the improvements that had been made to update the kitchen and the bathroom. The Cottage has a feeling of a home from home, and is in a superb location. The owners are always happy to stop for a chat should you wish and advised us of some beautiful places to visit, which we did and they weren't wrong. I will definitely not be leaving it 16 years to visit again.”
- “We found the cottage to be in a superb position. The location is very rural, quiet and perfect for a relaxing holiday. There is plenty of walking in the area as the cottage is at the foot of the Galtee Mountains. Cahir is only 3 miles away with two good supermarkets. The owners were very accommodating and are just down the lane if you require anything or have a problem.”
- “Tranquillity, perfect views, owners were outstanding made sure we had everything we needed and were happy to help with any questions we had.”
About the location
CAHIR, COUNTY TIPPERARY
Clonmel 11 miles; Tipperary 14 miles.
Cahir is one of County Tipperary’s designated heritage towns and is a popular base for tourists to discover this region of Ireland. It sits on the River Suir and is home to Cahir Castle which is a beautifully preserved defence castle and is open daily to the public. There is a small shopping precinct in the town as well as a range of pubs and restaurants. For the more active, Cahir has a leisure centre with tennis courts and a mountain biking track as well as a local golf course. Close to Cahir are the Galtee and the Knockmealdown Mountain ranges which offer a variety of walks for all abilities. A lovely area to visit, all year round.