- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Sky TV
Ballymacarbry 1 mile. Set on the banks of the Nire River, close to the scenic village of Ballymacarbry, County Waterford, is this wonderful detached cottage. This stylish and homely Waterford cottage, which nestles next to the Comeragh Mountains, has been tastefully decorated throughout and offers quality accommodation for anyone looking for an active or relaxing break in one of Waterford’s most beautiful regions. Boasting three bright and airy bedrooms, one with an en-suite shower room, and another boasting stunning views of the river to the rear, this cottage near Ballymacarbry invites you to relax and unwind. The spacious open plan living area includes a country-style fitted kitchen, dining area and a relaxing sitting area, which is complemented by a woodburning stove where you can warm your aching muscles after a day of walking. A superb decked area is located to the rear of this Ballymacarbry cottage, where you can switch off with a refreshing drink in hand and soak up the sounds of the water gushing beneath you, and the peace and tranquillity that surrounds this lovely cottage. Ballymacarbry is situated in the Nire River Valley and at the foot of the Comeragh Mountains, offering endless walking routes and tracks to suit everyone. Pony treks can be arranged from the village, and are a wonderful way to enjoy the beautiful scenery. Ballymacarbry also hosts the annual Comeragh Walking Festival which sees dancing, singing and enjoyment for all! A wonderful Waterford cottage, with both activities and tranquillity on your doorstep! Come and experience it for yourself.
Three bedrooms: 2 x twin (one with en-suite shower, basin and WC), 1 x ground floor single. Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove. Utility.
Oil central heating with woodburning stove. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Sky, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power charged by meter reading, first €10 of oil and first €10 of electricity inc. in rent. Starter pack for stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 3 cars. Enclosed lawned front garden. Enclosed, rear decked area with furniture and BBQ. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 1 mile. Note: Cottage is next to a fast-flowing river, children must be supervised.
- “Didn't want to leave!”
- “Travelled down from Derry and couldn't have been happier when we got there, a pint of milk and a couple of the essentials after a long drive was much appreciated. The house itself is so warm and welcoming that we could have spent the week indoors and been perfectly happy. The garden was very well maintained with a variety of plants in full bloom. The lawn was freshly cut and the meadow was alive with butterflies. The highlight for us however was the decking overhanging the river. The river is fast flowing but well fenced off in main garden, a careful approach with smaller children is recommended though. Alot of time was spent watching the little grey wagtails bringing their chicks to the riverbank to feed. All of this combined with the beautiful Nire Valley, the quiet village of Ballymacarbrey and the surrounding Commeragh mountains made this a fantastic base to explore and enjoy the beautiful south of Ireland. 5 stars doesn't do it justice! We will be back. Thanks to the owner and key holders for a great holiday☺”
- “Perfectly Peaceful”
- “The cottage is a must for those looking for peace and quiet, situated in a beautiful part of Waterford. A car is a must because the area is quiet remote, there is a small village down the road which has a pub, which i hear is very popular and a local convenience store. The Cottage itself is very comfortable and decorated to a high standard, downstairs is a large country style kitchen (my favorite room) , a large lounge with an open fire and a downstairs bathroom complete with shower. There is also another single bedroom on the ground floor which we didnt use. The downstairs shower is ideal for tiny terrors like ours who went straight into shower on our return from "mucky" walks. There is also a bathroom upstairs with a bath and two large bedrooms. One of the unique parts of the cottage is its situated almost IN a river. Don't worry you don't wake up to floods but the back of the cottage has a large veranda that hangs over the river. This will be a fantastic place to sit in the summer and I am sure most nights will be spent out "on the deck". We stayed during October but loved every day that we were there, exploring the immediate vicinity and further afield as far as Cork City. There is also large garden which our dog loved to explore. The owners of the cottage are very helpful and only live down the road should you require them. I would definitely return to Nile Valley cottage, our children loved it, the dog loved it and my wife and I would like to move there.”
- “The location is superb, idyllic, peaceful and isolated from the rat race. Waking up to the sound of river flowing outside. The open fire provided the warmth and comfort on the wet and windy winters night”
- “Peaceful and quiet location, close enough to get to all the places we wanted to visit.”
- “A lovely house in a lovely setting, plenty of room for a family of four and great to have three bathrooms. The decking area next to the river was lovely and the next best thing to a sea view!”
About the location
BALLYMACARBRY, COUNTY WATERFORD
Clonmel 10.5 miles; Waterford 40 miles.
Resting on the banks of the Nire River Valley and bordering the stunning Comeragh Mountains is the small welcoming village of Ballymacarbry in County Waterford. The village is home to two pubs and a shop, and is mostly renowned for its recreational activities, attracting many visitors all year round. Ballymacarbry is the perfect location for anyone looking for an active break, with stunning walking routes throughout. The Comeragh Mountains offer terrain to suit every grade of walker, from beginners to the very experienced. Melody’s Stables nearby can arrange pony treks across the region, inviting you to soak up some of Waterford’s most beautiful scenery from a different perspective! The local tourism association can recommend some superb published walks and also host the annual Comeragh Walking Festival – a treat for all, with music, dancing and of course, walking!