- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Clashmore 3 miles. A charming, stone-built, detached cottage, surrounded by open countryside, in the townland of Ballycurrane, 3 miles from the village of Clashmore in County Waterford. Having been fully renovated, the property offers excellent accommodation, with an open plan living area and two well furnished bedrooms. There is also a feature corner window with far-reaching panoramic views towards the sea. The nearby coastal village of Ardmore should not be missed with its beach, round tower, and spectacular cliff walks, there are also a number of other fine beaches within easy driving distance just waiting to be discovered. Attractions in the local area include a variety of golf courses, dog track racing, fishing, boating trips, watersports, Aura indoor leisure centre, Perks Youghal Entertainment Centre, adventure outdoor pursuits, horse riding, hill walking and rambling. With so much on offer you'll want to return time and time again! Note: This cottage is near Ref. 4558, and together they sleep 10.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 2 x double. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with panoramic countryside and sea views.
Oil central heating. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV, DVD player, CD/radio, WiFi. All fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 4 cars. Enclosed, lawned garden with garden furniture and views towards the sea. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 3 miles.
- Last minute
- “Wonderful accomodation”
- “Siobhan and JJ were extremely welcoming and great hosts. The cottage was spotlessly clean and comfortable and everything worked. The Wifi reception was excellent. The access roads were quite narrow but there were many places to pull over to allw passing of vehicles. An excellent location for a touring base.”
- “Hidden gem”
- “My wife and I spent a wonderful week at the beginning of June 2014 at this cottage from which we would travel to enjoy our day trips, including visits to Blarney Castle, the Jameson Experience in Midleton, the Medieval Museum and Bishop's Palace in Waterford, and St. Declan's Well and church ruins in Ardmore. Of course we ate at many pubs and drank way too much Guinness, but we did enjoy dining in Youghal, Dungarvan, and did just a bit of shopping in Kinsale. Ireland converted my Texan wife into being appreciative of Irish whiskey and she now drinks it herself. This cottage is ideally situated for making day trips to all of these sites and is welcoming upon returning "home". Siobhan and JJ are the owners and were so helpful, yet unobtrusive.”
- “A lovely cottage in a lovely part of Ireland”
- “Caitlin's Cottage is a lovely place for a break. We could only stay 3 days but got the maximum benefit from exploring the area and enjoying the many tourist attractions in Waterford. Our visit to Ardmore Cliff and Beach was great, as was the time we spent in Lismore, Co. Waterford. We will definitely return to Lismore with its excellent Heritage Centre, stunning Castle and impressive cathedrals, not to mention the friendly people who live there. The Cottage is well appointed, spotlessly clean and has every amenity for a great self-catering holiday. The owners (Mr and Mrs Fitzgerald) live nearby and were so helpful and welcoming.”
- “A cosy, homely cottage away from the hustle & bustle of normal life! This stunning home is finished to such a high standard. Safe enclosed garden for the kids & gorgeous views everyday! Would highly recommend to anyone.”
- “Did not see a Tourist Board Star Grade, however I would rate this property the highest possible. The cottage was immaculate and the furnishings beautiful, the pictures did not do the view justice. Had huge windows overlooking a manicured yard, with manicured pasture beyond, and a view of the ocean in the distance. The best place we have stayed. Excellent value, and owners were wonderful people who could not have done any more to make our stay better. First rate experience!”
- “The Cottage and the holiday was brilliant, the owners were really lovely people and you knew if there was a problem they would be there for you. I liked the fact that the owners came to introduce themselves, which was nice. The Cottage itself was lovely, out in the middle of nowhere with a few neighbours. The view from the cottage was amazing and as there was a big picture window you could see for miles. This was our first trip to Ireland and the people were so very friendly, there were also lots of things to do and places to visit. Lovely small villages and lovely beaches.”
- “Stunning cottage, modern and clean. Interior finish was lovely and the garden was tidy. Far reaching views from the cottage and garden. Well equipped, friendly owners and a very pleasant stay. All in all the nicest holiday cottage we could have wanted.”
About the location
CLASHMORE, COUNTY WATERFORD
Dungarvan 10 miles.
Clashmore is a pretty little village nestled between the Drum Hills and the Blackwater River, in the west of County Waterford. It is characterised by a pretty mill and river walk. Clashmore is readily accessible with Cork and Waterford airports only one hour away, and Rosslare Harbour only two hours away. The areas surrounding Clashmore are renowned for fishing, water sports and an excellent selection of golf courses, suitable for players of all abilities. The seaside towns of Youghal, five miles away, and Dungarvan, 10 miles away, both offer shops, restaurants and traditional Irish pubs; many with live music. A visit to Ardmore Beach is a must with its breathtaking cliff walks and historic Round Tower. There are also beaches to be enjoyed at Whiting Bay and Clonea. For day trips out visit Fota Wildlife Park, Mount Mellary Abbey, Ring Gaelteacht, Ballymaloe House, the Leahys and Ardmore Open Farms or Lismore Castle - possibly the most spectacular castle in Ireland!