- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Dungarvan 11 miles.
A 300 year old, stone-built, detached, semi-thatched cottage, in a rural location, 11 miles from the town of Dungarvan, in County Waterford.
Cosy and traditional, with features such as a thatched roof and solid fuel stove, Carthy's Cottage offers comfortable, character accommodation, with country charm.
The rural location offers peace and tranquillity, while the pool table and table football will keep children of any age entertained.
Drive the short distance to Dungarvan, where you can enjoy one of three golf courses or numerous restaurants, or experience the scenic Comeragh Drive and take in the stunning scenery of the mountains.
Enjoy hill walking in the Nire Valley, visit one of the nearby equestrian centres, or the numerous attractions in Tipperary.
A lovely Ireland cottage, ideal all year round.
Two lower ground floor bedrooms: 1 x family room with 1 double and 1 single, 1 x twin (accessed through family room). Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area (split-level). Lower ground floor sitting room with solid fuel stove.
Radiators powered by solid fuel stove. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV, DVD, CD/radio, library of books, games and DVDs. Pool table and table football in outbuilding. Electricity and starter pack for stove inc. in rent, €25 supplement per week Oct - Mar payable directly to owner. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Welcome pack including Irish breakfast ingredients and Guinness provided. Cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 4 cars. Bike storage. Courtyard to front, lawned garden with furniture to rear. Two well-behaved pets welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 1 mile, pub 2 miles. Note: Twin room is only accessible through family room. Note: There are 3 internal stone steps between the kitchen and bathroom, and the rest of the house. Note: There are external doors on both levels.
- Last minute
- “Two Thumbs Up”
- “A lovely old style Irish cottage, set in a beautiful scenic valley in Waterford. We were met by the lady who owns the house at the crossroads about a mile from the cottage to guide us there, she had already been at the cottage and had the fire lighting and the ingredients for the welcome Irish breakfast ready which was very thoughtful. We had chosen this pet friendly cottage as we had our 2 Vizslas with us. The house has plenty of room around outside also with a spacious yard at the front and a large sized garden at the back. The location is quiet secluded and on its own, it is enclosed and gated which was great as the dogs were safe, knew the boundary and relaxed. The cottage was clean neat and tidy, it gave an idea of what life was like in rural Ireland in times past but except of course now with all mod cons. The landlady was very helpful in giving us guidanace on the property and advice on the area when we arrived, and during our time there she messaged at times to see if all was O.K. if she could do anything for us or if we were in need of anything. This cottage is ideal if planning to tour some of Waterford, as its central to many attractions. We were very fortunate to have a dry sunny week and we went on many long beautiful dog walks in the area. A folder in the cottage outlined many very good walks throughout the county. We were all well recharged after a very enjoyable week at Carthy’s Cottage and look forward to visiting again.”
- “Lovely rural setting, big garden”
- “Great place to stay. Lovely cottage with a big safe enclosed garden. Perfect for dogs. Handy for Dungarvan and the Tannery restaurant!”
- “It was obviously restored with passion, great time and effort to keep its original look but with great thought put into modern living standards. The stove fire left the radiators throughout the house hot and everything required for a comfortable, stress free break away had been thought of. If you want to step back in time and escape the world, this is the spot.”
- “Liked the friendliness and helpfulness of the owner - she was a delightful woman, who couldn't do enough to ensure we had a wonderful stay. The situation was in a quiet, rural setting, which was just what we wanted. The cottage was full of character, and a comfortable place to stay in.”
About the location
DUNGARVAN, COUNTY WATERFORD
Lismore 15 miles; Youghal 19 miles; Waterford City 29 miles.
A lovely, multi-coloured old harbour town, a real haven for fishing, boating, wind surfing and walking enthusiasts alike. Dungarvan really comes alive in summertime, with residents and visitors all indulging in their favourite water sports, or wiling the evenings away in one of the harbourside cafes, pubs or restaurants. For beach lovers, there are plenty of long sandy beaches within easy driving distance, whilst nearby Waterford, Ireland’s oldest city, is a lively city with great shops, restaurants, theatres, pubs and nightlife. The city also houses The Waterford Museum of Treasures and the House of Waterford Crystal. Nearby attractions include the Round Tower and St Declans Way at the village of Ardmore, the beautiful Mount Melleray Abbey at Cappoquin and St. Carthage’s Cathedral and Lismore Castle in Lismore. Also within easy driving distance are the many attractions of the “Premier County”, Tipperary, with its glorious scenery and historic monuments including the Rock of Cashel and Cahir Castle. This is also a great region for anglers and golfers, with a wealth of rivers and golf courses to choose from.