- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Dungarvan 11 miles.
A 300 year old, stone-built, detached, semi-thatched cottage, in a rural location, 11 miles from the town of Dungarvan, in County Waterford.
Cosy and traditional, with features such as a thatched roof and solid fuel stove, Carthy's Cottage offers comfortable, character accommodation, with country charm.
The rural location offers peace and tranquillity, while the pool table and table football will keep children of any age entertained.
Drive the short distance to Dungarvan, where you can enjoy one of three golf courses or numerous restaurants, or experience the scenic Comeragh Drive and take in the stunning scenery of the mountains.
Enjoy hill walking in the Nire Valley, visit one of the nearby equestrian centres, or the numerous attractions in Tipperary.
A lovely Ireland cottage, ideal all year round.
Two lower ground floor bedrooms: 1 x family room with 1 double and 1 single, 1 x twin (accessed through family room). Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area (split-level). Lower ground floor sitting room with solid fuel stove.
- Radiators powered by solid fuel stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV, DVD, CD/radio, library of books, games and DVDs
- Pool table and table football in outbuilding
- Electricity and starter pack for stove inc. in rent, €25 supplement per week Oct - Mar payable directly to owner
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Welcome pack including Irish breakfast ingredients and Guinness provided
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Bike storage
- Courtyard to front, lawned garden with furniture to rear
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1 mile, pub 2 miles
- Note: Twin room is only accessible through family room
- Note: There are 3 internal stone steps between the kitchen and bathroom, and the rest of the house
- Note: There are external doors on both levels.
About the location
DUNGARVAN, COUNTY WATERFORD
Lismore 15 miles; Youghal 19 miles; Waterford City 29 miles.
A lovely, multi-coloured old harbour town, a real haven for fishing, boating, wind surfing and walking enthusiasts alike. Dungarvan really comes alive in summertime, with residents and visitors all indulging in their favourite water sports, or wiling the evenings away in one of the harbourside cafes, pubs or restaurants. For beach lovers, there are plenty of long sandy beaches within easy driving distance, whilst nearby Waterford, Ireland’s oldest city, is a lively city with great shops, restaurants, theatres, pubs and nightlife. The city also houses The Waterford Museum of Treasures and the House of Waterford Crystal. Nearby attractions include the Round Tower and St Declans Way at the village of Ardmore, the beautiful Mount Melleray Abbey at Cappoquin and the Heritage Town of Lismore with its Heritage Centre and iconic castle. Also within easy driving distance are the many attractions of the “Premier County”, Tipperary, with its glorious scenery and historic monuments including the Rock of Cashel and Cahir Castle. This is also a great region for anglers and golfers, with a wealth of rivers and golf courses to choose from.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute