- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Campile 1.5 miles. A lovely, detached cottage, 1.5 miles from the village of Campile, and 8 miles from the town of New Ross, in County Wexford. Built in a traditional style, this quaint Campile cottage boasts wooden floors, open fires, exposed beams and quirky, uneven walls, adding to its charm. The open plan living area is a great place for socialising; with exposed beams and a woodburner, its character features and spacious feel make it ideal for families or groups of friends, while the sitting room with open fire is a cosy, peaceful retreat. Relax in the sun room and enjoy long, warm days, or spend time in the enclosed garden, perfect for dining alfresco. Only 15 minutes' walk is the famous JFK Arboretum, and within four miles of this Campile cottage is the fascinating Kennedy Homestead at Dunganstown, the ancestral home of John F. Kennedy. With the delights of Campile and New Ross to enjoy, this Campile cottage is an ideal base all year round.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double with sky light, built-in wardrobes and en-suite double shower, basin and WC, 1 x double, 1 x family room with 4 single beds (2 single beds accessed via 2 small steps suitable for children only). Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, breakfast bar (seats 3), dining area (seats 6) and small seating area (seats 5) with woodburner and beams. Sitting room (seats 6) with open fire. Sun room (seats 4).
- Oil central heating with open fire in sitting room and woodburner in open plan living area
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV
- Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate available
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Enclosed garden with furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1.5 miles
- Note: Max
- 6 adults.
- Last minute
- “Home Farm, Fabulous Cottage”
- “We stayed at home farm at the end of august for a week & what a lovely place it is, it has everything you need for a peaceful relaxing stay. Tucked away down a country lane next to a working farm. The cottage was bright & airy, very comfortable. Very local to JFK park & Dunbrody abbey Whilst all the attractions of Wexford are only a short drive away. The owner was very friendly & only a phone call away should you need her We were all sorry to leave but hope to return very soon”
- “A delightful character cottage with all home comforts”
- “A lovely authentic Irish cottage, restored and extended to provide family accommodation in the countryside, away from main roads and safe for children and dogs. We spent a week here, the cottage is very tastefully decorated with a large kitchen/diner, a large sitting room and sun room. Upstairs is a big master bedroom with ensuite shower and dressing room. A seperate double bedroom, and a family room with 4 single beds, this room is made into two rooms with a sliding door in between, and is a good hideout for children. There is a large family bathroom with huge bath and feature glass tiled panel. Also there is downstairs utility room with toilet, wood burning stove, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, and outside BBQ. Near beaches are Duncannon and a lovely secluded beach Dollar Bay, was lovely for swimming”
- “I loved the open fire and the privacy/location of the cottage. The owner was so accommodating.”
- “We loved Home Farm Cottage and would definitely return. The cottage is very tastefully furnished and we had a very warm welcome from our hostess.”
- “The house was warm and comfortable.”
- “A nice cottage. Would consider returning.”
About the location
CAMPILE, COUNTY WEXFORD
New Ross 9 miles; Waterford 24 miles.
The small village of Campile, meaning 'head of the creek', lies 10 miles from the town of New Ross, in the south of County Wexford. Home to the famous Dunbrody Abbey ruins, the village of Campile attracts many guests to the Dunbrody Abbey visitor centre and impressive 1500 yew tree hedge maze, while the accompanying cookery school, open to the public, offers the perfect opportunity to learn a new skill while on holiday. Discover Kilmokea House and Gardens located on the bank of the River Barrow; take in the beauty of the manor house, and enjoy a guided tour of the extensive, landscaped, grounds. Visit the JFK Arboretum and JFK ancestral home, or enjoy exploring the Hook Peninsula and scuba diving at Hook Head. Spend a day relaxing on the beautiful sandy beach at Duncannon; with 2km of golden sand to enjoy, and the surrounding views of the Atlantic Ocean, you won't want the sun to set. With the exciting city of Waterford close by, and the busy town of New Ross, home to the Dunbrody Famine Ship replica, just a little nearer, there will never be a shortage of things to do in this fantastic location.