- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
A beautiful detached holiday cottage situated near the coastal village of Duncannon, County Wexford.
Boasting stunning views across to the famous Hook Head Lighthouse, this Duncannon cottage features modern and spacious accommodation that retains an element of character and charm.
This Duncannon cottage has exposed stone walls throughout and has been lovingly furnished to provide a quality setting.
With four bedrooms in total, two with en-suite shower rooms, this Duncannon cottage also features a fantastic living area with large windows that not only create a bright and airy feel but also make the most of the sea views!
Outside this Duncannon cottage is a superb decking area suitable for alfresco dining or maybe just a quiet drink on fine days, plus there is a communal tennis court opposite suitable for young and old!
Just one mile down the road is the pretty seaside village of Duncannon that has a selection of shops and pubs as well as a beautiful beach with safe swimming available.
Duncannon also has two award-winning, fine dining restaurants, Dunbrody House in the village and Aldridge Lodge, just three miles away, both of which are worth a visit.
Take the short ferry crossing and visit Tramore and Waterford City or explore the stunning coastline of County Wexford with beach walks at Kilmore Quay, Cullenstown and Bannow.
Walk the Hook Peninsula and visit the grand Loftus House or take to the ocean for a spot of sea angling or whale watching.
There are many quality golf courses in the area or for the more active; the Shielbaggan outdoor centre offers many activities such as kayaking, rock-climbing and orienteering!
This is a unique and picturesque part of the Emerald Isle and this Duncannon cottage is the perfect place for an Irish break that will linger long in the memory.
Four bedrooms: 2 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 2 x ground floor double. Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Utility. Dining room with open fire. Sitting room.
Oil central heating with open fire in dining room. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with basic Sky, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books and games. Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair. Off road parking for 3 cars. Lawned garden and decked area to rear with furniture and BBQ. Use of communal tennis court opposite. One well-behaved pet welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop, pub and beach 1 mile.
- Last minute
- “The owners of this property could not be more helpful, it is in an excellent position and is a beautiful place.”
- “Beautiful accommodation, perfect for a relaxing break. We particularly loved the views across the sea to the lighthouse, the tasteful décor and using the tennis court. The Hook peninsula is unspoiled and un-touristy with a genuine feel and good choice of places to eat. There is a good choice of unspoiled beaches nearby.”
- “The distant views of the lighthouse, the sun room and BBQ area.”
- “We had such a wonderful time in the cottage. Everything worked out fantastic. The property had everything that was promised. We specifically liked the tennis court across the road. Also the location is fantastic. Duncannon is a beautiful place with so much charm, we'll definitely be visiting again.”
- “Great location. Plenty of space. Very clean. Everything was fantastic. Even the weather in April was good!”
About the location
DUNCANNON, COUNTY WEXFORD
Waterford 12 miles.
The picturesque fishing village of Duncannon is situated in southwest County Wexford, and is dominated by Duncannon Fort, which sits on a rocky outcrop jutting into the channel. Waterford Harbour lies to the west and the golden sandy beach is popular for swimming and sunbathing. The International Sand Sculpting Festival is a village highlight each year. With a couple of pubs and restaurants and a children's playground by the beach, Duncannon is a lovely place for a quiet seaside holiday. Catch a ferry to the beaches and watersports of Dunmore East, shop for traditional crystal in Waterford, enjoy the music of Wexford Festival Opera each October or explore some of the historic houses, beautiful gardens and lovely walks in this wonderful part of Ireland. With activities like fishing, golf and horseriding all within easy reach this is a perfect location for a family holiday.