- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A delightful 100-year-old fisherman's terraced cottage in the heart of Duncannon village, County Wexford.
Sea View Cottage lives up to its name lying directly across the road from the golden stretch of sandy beach.
The traditional yet comfortable accommodation with cosy open fire is in an ideal location to enjoy all the local amenities, including the beach on your doorstep, good pubs and restaurants, fishing, golf, horse riding and scenic walks, all of them close by.
Why not catch a ferry to lively Dunmore East, or go shopping in Waterford City?
A perfect holiday base in this wonderful part of Wexford.
Three bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x adult bunk (double on bottom, child's single on top). Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with open fire.
Oil central heating with open fire in sitting room. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV, DVD, stereo/CD. Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Please bring own beach towels. Cot and highchair on request. Roadside parking. Enclosed courtyard to rear with picnic bench and BBQ. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 50 yards. Beach 100 yards.
Note: Up until 26th September 2015, this property will take two well-behaved dogs. From 26th September 2015, this property will accept one well-behaved dog.
- Last minute
- “Lovely Stay at Seaview Cottage”
- “My wife and I stayed here in June for a week and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. As a previous reviewer stated, Susan the owner has thought of everything for the guest here at Seaview. It is extremely spacious throughout, simply decorated and very homely. It's location is the best you can get, in the heart of the village, literally a 1-2 minutes walk to Duncannon's beautiful beach. It is again only a couple of minutes to Duncannon's two pubs who both serve really lovely food. So much so that we hardly cooked during our stay, it was that good! It is also a great base for touring the beautiful south Wexford coast.Susan the host has provided a little gem of a property for people to stay in and this will not be our last time staying at Seaview Cottage that's for sure.”
- “Just back from spending a week @this fisherman's cottage with my wife and 2 children under 5 ! Never before seen a house so well organised ? The lady that rents this house has literally everything thought of ! 1 spotlessly clean 2 right on the beach 3 nice suntrap of a back yard with barbecue 4 pub, shop, and chips hop all 1 minutes walk away If I could think of a drawback the only one is no bath but with 2 showers it's not a big problem To sum up ! We had a great holiday”
- “On discussion with my fellow travellers we came to the conclusion that we didn't want to recommend this property, because we want to stay there any time we want. However, we thought that it wouldn't be fair. The property is just across the road from the small Duncannon beach, so every morning you pull the curtains back to the fantastic views of the sea, whatever the weather. Although some of the furnishings were a bit tired everything was spotlessly clean and the cottage was well equipped. Our stay was more than very comfortable and the photographs don’t do it justice. The village itself is very quiet with two really good pubs serving well above average bar food, and the staff and locals were very welcoming. There are good road links to the local towns and a regular bus service, though having not used it I really can’t comment, so it's a really good base for sightseeing. We booked the Hook Head Safaris for an afternoon with Sean who showed us the local area with many an amusing tale about its history. Well worth the money. Check Trip Advisor for reviews. This is one place that I would definitely return to, a week was not quite long enough.”
- “Perfect holiday”
- “The cottage was exactly as described in the advert and could not be in a more perfect location. It is just across the road (very quiet) from a marvellous beach, with a pub and shop within a minute's walk. There is also a working harbour and a fort very close by and a new play area. The owner met us at the property and had lit the fire which was lovely. The cottage is very well equipped and the only negative aspect is that it does not have a bath (there are two bathrooms with showers), a fact we knew when we booked and everything else was exactly as we required. One of the nicest things was that there was not a long list of 'dos and donts'! The whole area is lovely with plenty to see and do, even out ot season. We also located nearly every playground in South East Ireland and our two girls of 4 and 7 were never bored. It sounds a cliche but everybody that we had any dealings with was friendly and helpful. We would highly recommend Sea View Cottage to anyone and wish we had found it sooner!”
- “Great little find. Lovely cottage. Well equipt. Fabulous welcome. Could not praise enough. Duncannon is a great spot. Two lovely pubs, friendly locals and handy shop. Not far from Waterford via car ferry”
- “Perfect for relaxing and enjoying Southern Ireland”
- “This was our final stop on our round-the-world trip and was the perfect choice. 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, w/d, woodstove, full kitchen, back patio, ample parking, t/v with dvd's and a few board games. 40ft. from the beach. Very quiet pub around the corner. Convenience store on other corner. Duncannon is very small and low key. No noise, only the beach, a few locals and some morning fog. This was also a good base to tour the southern countryside. 2 hours to blarney, 1.5 to wicklow mountains, and 45 min to waterford. Great price to boot. Would definitely stay again.”
- “The three bed property is in a fantastic location just across from the beach. The view from the property is stunning and there were great walks locally. Strand stores is the local shop which had everything we needed and Centra is a five minute drive. We hope to return in the summer.”
- “An excellent location- with the beach/ bay just across the road. It was excellent for children and the dog.”
- “My husband and myself enjoyed the cottage overlooking the beach. Duncannon a lovely quiet little town. Pubs serving good food just a few yards away, and post office and shop close by. The cottage was well equipped with everything you needed, even to sticking plasters if you should cut yourself. A great place for families with small children.”
- “We loved the location, the friendly welcoming people and the fantastic views first thing in the morning when pulling back the curtains. The beach was literally on the doorstep and we were in an ideal place to tour the south east of Ireland.”
- “A beautifully organised and spotless house. Lovely welcome of fresh daffodils, scones and jam on the kitchen table. Every need catered for. Never stayed in such a thoughtfully equipped holiday home. Beds extremely comfortable and heating thoughtfully timed to come on just when needed. Situated right beside the beach and friendly pub. Couldn't fault it.”
About the location
DUNCANNON, COUNTY WEXFORD
Waterford 12 miles.
The picturesque fishing village of Duncannon is situated in southwest County Wexford, and is dominated by Duncannon Fort, which sits on a rocky outcrop jutting into the channel. Waterford Harbour lies to the west and the golden sandy beach is popular for swimming and sunbathing. The International Sand Sculpting Festival is a village highlight each year. With a couple of pubs and restaurants and a children’s playground by the beach, Duncannon is a lovely place for a quiet seaside holiday. Catch a ferry to the beaches and watersports of Dunmore East, shop for traditional crystal in Waterford, enjoy the music of Wexford Festival Opera each October or explore some of the historic houses, beautiful gardens and lovely walks in this wonderful part of Ireland. With activities like fishing, golf and horseriding all within easy reach this is a perfect location for a family holiday.