- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A modern, detached property situated close to the pretty village of Duncormick, County Wexford. This Duncormick cottage offers spacious yet welcoming accommodation that would suit a family or small group alike. With four bedrooms including a ground floor double, there are flexible sleeping arrangements available that will suit all needs. The cosy sitting room benefits from a roaring open fire and the well-equipped kitchen is ideal for aspiring chefs to cook up a feast for loved ones to enjoy. This Duncormick cottage has a large, secure garden so the children can play in safety and is just a short drive from the glorious unspoilt beach at Cullenstown, perfect for evening strolls or play time for the young or old! Anglers are spoilt with excellent bass angling available nearby, and the owner of this Duncormick cottage is a saltwater-angling guide. The small village of Duncormick lies on the scenic Bannow Drive and has a selection of pubs where fine food and occasionally traditional music can be enjoyed; a truly authentic Irish experience! Further afield, explore the Hook Head peninsula and lighthouse, and discover the history of Tintern Abbey and maybe go whale spotting. Take the short ferry across the Suir estuary and visit the seaside town of Tramore or Waterford, Ireland's oldest city. Indulge in adrenaline filled activities such as canoeing, wind-surfing and swimming or simply take things slowly on one of the many walking trails that make the most of this stunning part of Ireland. Whatever you choose to do, this Duncormick cottage is the perfect spot for a memory-packed Irish holiday.
Four bedrooms: 2 x double (one with en-suite shower, basin and WC), 1 x ground floor double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen. Utility. Dining room. Sitting room with open fire.
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Free-to-air channels, DVD, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Front lawned garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 7 mins walk
- Beach 3 miles
- Note: There may be occasional noise from geese, ducks, chickens, dogs, goats and the donkey at the property next door.
- “Excellent Cottage”
- “A lovely and spacious cottage in a beautiful location. The owner was at the cottage to greet us on our arrival with a cup of tea and biscuits. It was like home from home. I would highly recommend.”
- “A wonderfully situated cottage for both a relaxing holiday and a base to explore a beautiful part of Ireland.”
- “Really appreciated the warm welcome from the owner after a very long journey. The house sported a beautiful Christmas tree and decorations ready for the holidays. The accommodation was exactly as described but in reality it exceeded our expectations. It was just perfect for us.”
About the location
DUNCORMICK, COUNTY WEXFORD
Wellingtonbridge 6 miles; Rosslare 15 miles.
Nestled amongst the scenic countryside of County Wexford lies the pretty village of Duncormick. The village lies on the River Muck and is one of the stops along the Bannow Drive which also incorporates Cullenstown, Bannow and Wellingtonbridge. The village is well served by shops and pubs, with traditional music occasionally performed. There are a multitude of beautiful walks to enjoy with the coastal route to Kilmore Quay offering chances to observe the local wildlife and take in the pure sea air. The village is also within easy reach of the ferry port of Rosslare as well as the larger towns of Wexford and Waterford. Visit the JFK Arboretum, Hook Head lighthouse, Loftus Hall or Johnstown Agriculture Museum. Duncormick is the perfect spot for your authentic Irish holiday.