- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Gorey 5.5 miles. A delightful, semi-detached property in the tourist village of Castletown, just a short drive from the popular town of Gorey, County Wexford.
A quality property, this Gorey cottage is well-equipped and comfortable, perfect for friends or families, and is maintained to an excellent standard throughout.
Enjoy relaxing in the landscaped gardens around your Gorey cottage, or indulge in a barbecue on the sun-trap patio and take in the beautiful far-reaching rural views.
The area around this Gorey cottage offers fantastic hill walking and the owners can provide maps and local knowledge on the many routes available.
Tennis courts can be hired locally, while the nearby pub offers food and traditional music through the summer months.
The lovely secluded sandy beach at Clones/Kilgorman is just 20 minutes' walk with further beaches at Ballymoney and the Blue Flag beach at Courtown only a short drive from this Gorey cottage.
Courtown also offers a huge range of facilities for families including amusement arcades, swimming pool, bowling and golf.
With so much to do and see, this Gorey cottage offers the perfect base for exploring Ireland's Sunny South East.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Outdoor utility. Sitting room with sofa bed and coal-effect electric fire.
- Oil central heating with electric fire in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, books/games/DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lawned garden with patio, furniture, chiminea and BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1 mile, pub 0.75 miles
- Note: Children aged 5 and over only
- Note: Dogs to be kept under control at all times, and kept away from horses in surrounding fields
- Note: Private water supply.
- Last minute
- “Beautiful house in spectacular setting”
- “The owners had thought of everything in this property - we especially liked having two bathrooms (no arguments!), the kitchen and lounge were spacious, and the garden was lovely. Hills to the back and front of the house gave it a peaceful feeling, but Gorey was just a short drive away, with its many shops and restaurants. We enjoyed traditional music at a local hotel, and found the location ideal for visiting New Ross, Wicklow and Wexford. Tip: the Bay cafe at Brittas Bay serves a wonderful range of breakfasts.”
- “Stunning cottage, stunning views from all angles, this is the perfect base for exploring the south east and east of ireland, the cottage is lovely, very welcoming, lovely garden as well, we had a fantastic holiday exploring wexford, Wicklow, new Ross, dublin, navan, and to many places to mention! Would recommend to anybody, would love to return someday.”
- “Home from Home”
- “What a lovely homely place. Its in a wonderful location, close to the beach and private. Had a wonderful couple of weeks at Seven Gables Cottage. Will definitely be re-booking if available when I'm next over.”
- “The cottage was lovely, we had a great time there and would recommend it to other people. We received a warm welcome and everything we required was available.”
- “The house was superb, including everything right down to few board games for quiet half hour in the evening. The owners have thought of everything. Hope to return again next year.”
- “Furnishings, crockery, etc in the cottage were of high quality. One of the best rentals we have experienced in Ireland or in the U.S. The gardens and surroundings were beautiful and welcoming.”
- “Everything about the our holiday was perfect. The accommodation was first class.”
- “A first class accommodation and location, excellent for lots of activities both leisurely and assertive. Words can not describe how pleased we were overall.”
- “Our hosts were very helpful & informative on our arrival and there were wonderful views from the back and front of the property.”
- “We enjoyed the whole experience very much. The location was perfect, the accommodation was superb and we had an exceptionally fine holiday.”
About the location
GOREY, COUNTY WEXFORD
Wexford 25 miles; Wicklow 26 miles; Dublin 59 miles.
The lively town of Gorey in County Wexford has plenty to see and do. With restaurants and pubs to enjoy, and golf and fishing on offer, there is something for everybody. Take a walk through the Courtown Woods, enjoy a picnic by the Owenavarro River or take a trip to Courtown Harbour with its sandy beaches and record for the highest sunshine levels in Ireland. A short drive will take you to County Wicklow and the Wicklow Mountains National Park, while all the excitement of Dublin is only an hour's drive away.