- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Mill Road Farm Cottages
Kilmore Quay 1 mile. Two lovely terraced cottages located on a working dairy farm, just 1 mile from the quaint fishing village of Kilmore Quay in County Wexford. Set in a converted barn, Mill Road Farm Cottages have been tastefully decorated and furnished by the friendly owners. The properties offer open plan living accommodation with a well equipped kitchen and dining area, while the upstairs bedrooms overlook the sea and the Saltee Islands. Just 1 mile from the lovely marina in Kilmore Quay, the cottages are also within easy reach of the ferry port of Rosslare and the heritage town of Wexford. Scuba diving, horse riding and fishing are all available nearby, while guests at these cottages have free launching of boats, which makes Mill Road Farm Cottages a perfect base for an action-packed holiday or for simply touring this wonderful and unspoilt part of Ireland.
One of a number of lovely, terraced cottages, this end-terrace cottage is a great base for touring the area. This property can be booked with Ref 3834 to accommodate 5.
One bedroom: 1 x double. Bathroom with bath with shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living accommodation with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire. Separate utility room with tumble dryer.
- Oil central heating with electric fire in sitting area
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, multi-channel TV, DVD, broadband internet
- Shared use of tumble dryer in separate utility room
- Fuel and power charged from meter reading at end of stay
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Free launching of boats when staying at Saltee Cottage
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Private patio area at front of cottage with garden furniture
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Shop and pub 1 mile.
- “Peaceful cottage in lovely location.”
- “We have just returned from a stay at Saltee Cottage. On arrival we were greeted by the lovely owners who had provided us with some basics such as homemade scones, butter jam, milk tea and coffee etc. The cottage itself is well equipt, clean and comfortable with good freeview TV and wifi. The cottage is located about 2 km from Kilmore Quay which is a gorgeous little fishing villages with a spectacular beach. Great pubs and restaurants are a 5 minute drive down the road. We couldn't fault this lovely cottage and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.”
- “Should have holidayed here 40 years ago”
- “We are approaching the big 60 and over the past 40 years have holidayed in many places all over the world. But had never been to Eire. From the moment that we got off the ferry from Pembroke at Rosslaire we KNEW that we were in for a great holiday. The directions that the owner. Philemena. had given us were spot on. We drove the 30 mins from the ferry port straight to our cottage. . We had Saltee cottage. a very well appointed stables conversion. Fantastic views of the countryside and the sea. Open plan kitchen/lounge. Good appliances and comfortable furnature. Large colour TV. Upstairs a spacious double bedroom, and a HUGE bathroom. The owner, lives in the farmhouse approx 3 mins away. And was readily available.Wexford is about 40 mins away. Plenty of parking and many many shops Dublin easily reachable on the inter city from Wexford or Rosslaire. A little tip. More trains leave and arrive at Wexford and it is the same driving distance from Kilmore Quay. Will we be going back? You betcha!!! We will not be wasting another 40 years.”
- “Comfortable accommodation in a convenient location. Used it as a base for visiting the south and west of Ireland.”
- “The setting was beautiful and very quaint. A lovely view from the bedroom of the sea. The owner was a lovely, friendly person and made us very welcome. The property is on a farm and the cottage is done in the traditional style. Horses and their foals, in the field, just a few feet away, were just brilliant. They would come over to us and were very friendly.”
About the location
KILMORE QUAY, COUNTY WEXFORD
Rosslare 12 miles; Wexford 14 miles.
Kilmore Quay is a small fishing village situated in the south east corner of County Wexford, 14 miles from Wexford town and just 12 miles from the international ferry port of Rosslare. Famous for its numerous whitewashed thatched cottages and its state-of-the art marina, Kilmore Quay is also an established angling centre with many species of fish in abundance, and the seafood festival in July is the perfect example of it! The area is ideal for a spot of diving as the seas from Hook Head to Carnsore Point have been known as "the graveyard of a thousand ships". Beautiful unspoilt sandy beaches are within easy reach of the village, with nearby Ballyteigue offering beautiful walks along some of the finest sand dunes in the south-east of the country. A day trip to the Great Saltee Island and its famous bird sanctuary is an absolute must!