- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Croghan House Cottages
Gorey 10 miles. Set in a rural location on a livestock farm north of the town of Gorey in County Wexford are these two welcoming holiday cottages. Sleeping six people in total, these two Wexford cottages are ideal for couples and families. These two beautifully renovated Wexford cottages offer a unique opportunity to enjoy a holiday in scenic countryside whilst experiencing the fantastic farming heritage of Ireland at first hand. These two cottages in Wexford have been tastefully renovated to provide spacious accommodation with cosy woodburning stoves, en-suite facilities, comfortable king-size bedrooms and mountain views. Outside, these Wexford cottages have wonderful stone flagged patios where you can light the barbecue and enjoy alfresco dining on a summer’s evening, plus you have access to the owner’s well-stocked fishing lake. Just eight miles away is the town of Arklow where there are shops, pubs and farmers' markets as well as museums, castles, sea-fishing and sailing, whilst ten miles away is the popular town of Gorey. The nearby National Park is a walker's and cyclist's heaven and the Blue Flag sandy beach at Brittas Bay provides a fun day out. These two Wexford cottages are an ideal base for exploring Wexford and even Dublin at any time of year.
This lovely semi-detached cottage is set close to the town of Gorey and boasts perfect accommodation for couples.
One of two properties on site, this Wexford cottage has a mezzanine king-size double bedroom which overlooks the sitting room.
With a well-equipped kitchen, dining area and a woodburner, your Wexford cottage is a wonderful romantic retreat.
Note: This cottage can be booked with ref 11589 to accommodate 6 people.
One mezzanine king-size double bedroom with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner.
- Oil central heating with woodburner in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel charged at €30, payable directly to owner, power by meter reading
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Patio area with furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1 mile, pub 4 miles
- Note: The bedroom has a sloping ceiling.
- Last minute
- “reay great dream holiday”
- “Exceded our expectations. Located in fantastic countryside. Owners very friendly and helpfull. Complete freedom to explore everywhere on the farm. Very relaxing holiday. We and our dog loved it and we will all return again but for longer.”
- “Wonderful Cottage. Will def return.”
- “I had a Marlene Dietrich moment and wanted to “be on my own” for a few days. Stayed at Rose Cottage and found it excellent. The cottage is situated among very beautiful countryside. It was spotless clean and very modern. It had everything I needed for my stay. The owners were most welcoming and full of information on the area. I had my beloved dog with me and did some breath taking walks. There is a lake on the property which is just charming, takes about 20 minutes to walk around. I found is so peaceful and definitely recharged my batteries. I did not feel nervous being on my own as the cottage is situated up a long drive and also behind secured gates. If you are looking for some real peace, this is the place. Although great for families also as it’s a working farm with lots of animals and again secure. I will definitely be back.”
- “Perfect Getaway”
- “Less than 3 hours south of Belfast set in stunning countryside close to both Gorey and Arklow. Cottage is beautifully finished and very comfortable. Hosts David and Liz are great very helpful but also give you privacy. Our 2 dogs were made very welcome too. The 2 bedroom cottage next door is also finished to an excellent standard. We were blessed with beautiful weather and relaxed in the loungers looking out over the forest. Already planning to go ack next year.”
- “Beautiful cottage with lovely scenery”
- “We stayed for a long weekend in Feb 2014, we're a couple. The cottage is beautiful and well presented. My only complaint is how close it is to the main house. We wouldn't have chosen it if we'd realised how close it was to the main house and that it was adjoining another cottage for let. The space at the back is shared with the other cottage and the front leads straight onto the driveway of the main house. No-one bothered us but we were very conscious of our proximity to the owners. In saying that the farm was lovely and we woke up to peacocks on our windows which was a lovely novelty. I think it would suit a family with children who would be more interested in the farm”
- “Rose Cottage was the perfect getaway, The owners have an excellent property. If you want somewhere that you can relax, totally chill out and still have lots to do without having to think too hard this is the place to stay.”
- “We had a fantastic stay in Rose Cottage. It is in a truly idyllic spot and was made even more special by the owners' hospitality. By staying in Rose Cottage you get a true Irish farm experience. The cottage itself is very cosy and warm with a lovely wood burning stove in the middle of the living room. It is on a hill so the views are amazing! There are lots of places for long walks and it was easy to get around.”
- “5 Stars - I knew by the photos and other reviews that the place was amazing and it was that and better. Such beautiful accommodation and the area is heaven. There was loads to do in the surrounding areas and beaches close by. Couldn't recommend the place highly enough and will definitely be booking it again next year.”
- “Rose Cottage was perfect, so cosy and we liked being able to take walks around the beautiful lakeside.”
- “The property was extremely clean with everything you'd ever need. It had an amazing view from the garden area. Such a magical getaway.”
- “The cottage is cosy and warm, and the owners were welcoming. The grounds and lakes were brilliant. Definitely going back there, as long as God does not find out that a little bit of his heaven has fallen out of the sky and landed at Rose Cottage. That is how perfect it was.”
- “God must not have been looking when a bit of his heaven fell out of the sky and landed at Rose Cottage! The owners are the nicest people you could wish to meet. The Cottage was perfect, the grounds were perfect with the two lakes. It was so peaceful there. We will return next year!”
- “The cottage and surrounding area was so beautiful. I think heaven on earth could go a little way to describe it but it is much more than that! The owners are so friendly and helpful that you feel you are visiting friends. Booked for next year already!”
- “A lovely relaxing place to stay.”
- “Very relaxing and a beautiful setting, the perfect holiday retreat. I will be going back, it was idyllic.”
- “Rose Cottage was just what I was looking for, so relaxing and loved all the peacocks. The owners were so friendly, will be going back!”
- “Beautiful property and stunning views. A great way to experience the countryside of Ireland! We can only hope we get to stay at the Rose Cottage again some day!”
About the location
GOREY, COUNTY WEXFORD
Wexford 25 miles; Wicklow 26 miles; Dublin 59 miles.
The lively town of Gorey in County Wexford has plenty to see and do. With restaurants and pubs to enjoy, and golf and fishing on offer, there is something for everybody. Take a walk through the Courtown Woods, enjoy a picnic by the Owenavarro River or take a trip to Courtown Harbour with its sandy beaches and record for the highest sunshine levels in Ireland. A short drive will take you to County Wicklow and the Wicklow Mountains National Park, while all the excitement of Dublin is only an hour's drive away.