- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Rosslare Harbour 5.5 miles. This semi-detached cottage is located next to the owners' own home in the townland of Ballysheen, near Rosslare Harbour in County Wexford. This unusual cottage has been uniquely designed to offer quirky and homely accommodation for families or groups of friends wishing to discover and experience all that the Sunny South East has to offer. With flexible accommodation throughout, this Wexford cottage has four comfortable bedrooms, two located on the ground floor, making it ideal for anybody with limited mobility, and with two excellent family rooms on the first floor, both with en-suites, this coastal cottage makes for the perfect getaway. The spacious open plan living area comprises of a fitted kitchen, comfortable dining area and cosy sitting area with open fire, meaning everyone can enjoy and make the most of this space! There is also an additional sitting room, with open fire, where the grown ups can have some peace and quiet! Outside this cottage near Rosslare is a glorious garden with fenced pond and pond house, an 'enchanted forest' and children's play area - the gardens are shared with neighbouring properties and with the owners', but still remain private and peaceful. There is also shared use of a tennis court for the more active. To the rear of this Wexford cottage is a sheltered courtyard with furniture where you can enjoy a slice of tranquillity and soak up the morning sunshine before you set off on your adventures for the day. This Wexford cottage is located just a one minute walk from an award-winning restaurant and also within a short drive of Rosslare Harbour, which offers excellent transport links to the UK and also access to Dublin. With sandy beaches on your doorstep, Our Lady's Island Lake a few minutes away and so many tourist attractions nearby, you will be far from bored here in Wexford! Note: This cottage is 2 mins walk away from Ref. 21972 and Ref. 24692, together they sleep 28.
Four bedrooms: 1 x ground floor king-size double, 1 x ground floor twin, 2 x family room with 1 king-size double and 1 single with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area (seats 6) with open fire. Sitting room (seats 5) with open fire.
Oil central heating with two open fires. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Free-to-air channels, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Fuel for open fires available to purchase locally. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 3 cars. Courtyard with furniture. Shared front lawned garden with patio and furniture. Shared use of owners' lawned garden with fenced pond, Wendy House and play area. Shared use of owners' tennis court. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 10 mins walk. Restaurant 1 min walk (no children after 6pm). Note: The entrance to the driveway is shared with two other properties. Note: There are 2 steps from the entrance hallway to the open plan living area. Note: Dog must be kept on a lead when outside. Note: Fenced pond in shared garden, children to be supervised. Note: Max. 8 adults and 2 children.
Note: Max. 8 adults and 2 children.
- Last minute
- “Home from Home with even more!!”
- “From the moment we entered through the gates of this property i knew i had made the right choice! We were greeted by the very friendly owner and given a tour of the house but the most exciting part was getting the key to the fairyhouse!! Our family group ranged in age from 3 to nearly 70 and not once did i hear the dreaded 'I am bored' from any of them which is a first! This house had everything we needed and more right down to nail polish remover. The house was a great size meaning we could all have our own space when needed but the best part was the was the care and love in the decor which had clearly been collected from all over the world. Gardens were just as fabulous with a pond, tennis court, fairy house and small playground for kids. Location was perfect, close to the beach and Our Lady's Island. I definitely plan to return if i am lucky enough to book a week that the house is free, it is no surprise this property books up so quick.”
- “I loved everything about Ballysheen House and its big grounds to explore, with plenty of activities for children of all ages on site. It is set in a beautiful countryside area with a great bar/restaurant 5 mins walk away. Would definitely recommend it and will be back some time soon.”
- “From the moment we came through the electric gates my family fell in love with Ballysheen House! The house had everything we needed and more. The age range was 3 to 70yrs and nobody became bored. I would highly recommend and hope to return, if we are lucky enough!”
- “This was the second time we have stayed at this property. We find the location handy for ferry traffic and the house is set within a secured and fenced off area. It is pet friendly and had all the features we needed for our holiday. We would have no hesitation to return the Ballysheen on further occasions. It is also very conveniently close to a pub/restaurant where excellent meals are served.”
- “We really liked the welcome, the house, the secret garden and the fact there was no restrictions set by the owner so the children had the whole garden to play and it was secure. Its a lovely place to go and relax.”
- “The property and grounds were absolutely fantastic - one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. It was child friendly, catered well for a family and extended family. It meant a lot to us that we could bring along the family dog.The property was very spacious,clean and beautifully decorated. The staff and owner were extremely helpful and friendly while allowing us our privacy to enjoy our stay. As a family we had an absolute ball and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Ballysheen. We were lucky enough to get great weather which meant we could enjoy the beautiful Carne Beach. We are looking forward to returning next year for a week stay in a little piece of heaven!”
- “We loved everything about the house and gardens.There were 8 of us in the house for the week and we had plenty of room. The house was so near to everything and the standard was very high. We will be back again soon.”
About the location
ROSSLARE HARBOUR, COUNTY WEXFORD
Kilrane 1 mile; Wexford 12 miles.
Rosslare Harbour is a village situated on a cliff top in County Wexford, on the south-eastern corner of the Irish coast, boasting panoramic views of Rosslare Bay and the Rosslare-Europort. Providing regular ferry services to the UK and railway services to Dublin, Waterford, Cork, Kerry and Limerick, Rosslare Harbour makes a great touring base. The village itself offers several bars and hotel/restaurants, and is within easy reach of safe, sandy beaches, golf at either St Helen's Bay Golf Resort or Rosslare Golf Club, glorious local cliff walks and shopping and horse riding facilities. A little further afield but still within easy travelling distance, discover the Irish National Heritage Park and Westgate Heritage Tower, which offer a colourful insight into County Wexford's history. An ideal base for discovering this lovely part of Ireland.