“The cabin ( or chalet as you call ...”The cabin ( or chalet as you call it) was very comfortable and clean. For future bookings you need to explain the laundry is a laundrette contained within the park complex ( this turned out ok though). Once we sorted out the initial confusion as to whether to charge me a £7 fee on my debit card and whether I could pay over the phone, which I eventually did with Julie (thank you) the booking went smoothly. We caught up with the owners which was nice, they were friendly and very helpful. ...
- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
Clovelly 4 miles.
This end-terrace holiday chalet is situated on a grassy slope, above Bideford Bay, and on the edge of Bideford Bay Holiday Park in Bucks Cross, near Clovelly in North Devon.
With spectacular sea views, a private sunny veranda and modern furnishings, this well-presented chalet provides an ideal coastal spot for families and friends to enjoy the resort facilities, plus amazing beaches that this area provides.
All on the ground floor, this cosy chalet has an open plan living area including a sitting area with sea views plus a fitted kitchen and dining area.
Across a small hallway are two bedrooms, with the double bedroom having sea views.
There is also a modern family shower room.
Across the grassy slope and a short walk away, are the site facilities of Bideford Bay Park, which include the use of an indoor and outdoor heated swimming pool, crazy golf, seasonal entertainment and a restaurant and bar.
Woodland walks from this comfortable chalet guide you down to the South West Coast Path, offering marvelous ocean vistas across to Hartland Point, and a good choice of long sandy beaches in North Devon such as Westward Ho!, Woolacombe, Saunton Sands and Croyde where you can go surfing, body boarding and safe swimming on the life guarded beaches.
Visit the charming fishing village of Clovelly overlooking the harbour, and try to spot the donkeys trundling up the hill with their packages or maybe visit The Big Sheep Adventure Park so popular with families.
Explore further afield, where you will find the towns of Woolacombe and Westward Ho! and attractions such as the Saunton Sands beach, Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur Park, Watermouth Castle and family theme park and Exmoor Zoo.
A lovely chalet for a relaxing break in spectacular North Devon.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Electric radiators
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi available in clubhouse, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own swimming/beach towels
- Travel cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Side veranda with furniture, accessed up two steps, and opened grassed area
- Use of on-site facilities including indoor and outdoor heated swimming pool, children's playground and soft play area, all-weather multi-sports court, amusements and games, crazy golf and launderette
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop, bar and restaurant available on-site
- Note: The on-site facilities are available from Easter to the start of November
- Note: The chalet is on a hilly site and is not suitable for those with limited mobility and although all ground floor, there is no wheelchair access so not suitable for wheelchair users
- Note: There is a pedestrian-only pathway from the parking area to the chalet (50 yards)
- Note: Passes to use the on-site facilities cost £55 per chalet, please contact the owner in advance of your stay if you wish to buy passes
- Note: Allergy sufferers should note that although this property is pet free, the owner's dogs have been in the property
- Note: No stag/hen or similar.
About the location
Bideford 8 miles.
The picturesque fishing village of Clovelly occupies a secluded, cliffside position and attracts visitors from the world over. A pedestrianised, cobbled street winds its way down the hillside passing the colourful gardens that characterise the village's pretty, whitewashed cottages, on its way down to the sheltered harbour. Local shops, pubs and restaurants crowd the working harbour from where the local fishermen show their daily catch of mackerel and check their lobster pots. Follow the stunning coast over the clifftops toward the romantic Hartland Point, or to the colourful market town of Bideford, with its quaint quay, medieval bridge and vibrant shopping area. Nearby, the famous Westward Ho! provides superb beaches and excellent watersports opportunities, while the Big Sheep Adventure Park will occupy the whole family! A beautiful and inspirational location for a memorable holiday.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute